What's new

TTP rules the roost in Pakhtun-dominated areas

Taliban activities in Karachi - ARY News Report 28 Aug 2012 9 PM (With English subtitles) - YouTube

There is a significant TTP presence in the Pukhtun areas throughout Karachi however they are certainly not "Ruling the Roost" as the author claims. The TTP operatives are managing sleeper cells and being too open about themselves or their activities will be counter-productive to their efforts. Remember that most Pushtuns have a very strong bias against the TTP and many tribes have called a vendetta against them.

Looks like they are taking advantage of the law and order problems in Karachi.

To be very honest i feel safe even bombing around in our part of the country but mere thought of being shot dead by shooting squads of these political parties in Sindh keep me at 100000 miles away from visiting

You mean interior-sindh, yes? If yes, it's a very complicated situations between Bhuttos/Mahesars/Muhajirs et al. And not to forget the internal power politics within the "larger" PPP and the "larger" MQM family loyalty.

It was horrible during he 90's. I have seen it all, the firing squads, the bombings, the torture cells. Trust me, it is much better now!

There is a significant TTP presence in the Pukhtun areas throughout Karachi however they are certainly not "Ruling the Roost" as the author claims. The TTP operatives are managing sleeper cells and being too open about themselves or their activities will be counter-productive to their efforts. Remember that most Pushtuns have a very strong bias against the TTP and many tribes have called a vendetta against them.
Mate, TTP isn't there for wet-works, mostly it's all intelligence and coordination with the council. (you know which one)

You mean interior-sindh, yes? If yes, it's a very complicate situations between Bhuttos/Mahesars/Muhajirs et al. And not to forget the internal power politics within the "larger" PPP and the "larger" MQM family loyalties.

It was horrible during he 90's. I have seen it all, the firing squads, the bombings, the torture cells. Trust me, it is much better now!

Am talking about Karachi city as far as interior Sindh well only the feudal set up frightens me as much as the one in Punjab. In my part of the country we dint see any though here now militant groups playing the same part but normally we dont have that culture of feudalism here

I only had seen horrors of 90s on TV recently was in school at that time dint know much about that at that time

Mate, TTP isn't there for wet-works, mostly it's all intelligence and coordination with the council. (you know which one)

And extorting money from the wealthy trader community for sustaining the war in FATA.

Am talking about Karachi city as far as interior Sindh well only the feudal set up frightens me as much as the one in Punjab. In my part of the country we dint see any though here now militant groups playing the same part but normally we dont have that culture of feudalism here

I only had seen horrors of 90s on TV recently was in school at that time dint know much about that at that time
Karachi is a huge metropolis. Whatever is happening is part of the package and happens all over the world. The only problem in Pakistan is that it gets sensationalized by the media in such a way that it has a ten fold affect!

Good you weren't there during the 90's :)

Will post pictures of all the ANP flags and dirty wall paintings hopefully tomorrow in Suhrab goth as well as Kaati pahari. This article is a joke.

Will post pictures of all the ANP flags and dirty wall paintings hopefully tomorrow in Suhrab goth as well as Kaati pahari. This article is a joke.
Exactly, take a few shots of Haydri as well, while you are at it! :D

There is a political war going on in Karachi. PPP, MQM, JUI & ANP are fighting each other & to divert the attention they have made up a fictional enemy by the name of TTP.

This lies & mess is all from the politicians.

There are handful of TTP guys operating in Karachi, I don't know what this author was smoking when he wrote this article. ANP is still a militant force there. I'm actually quite sure if ANP was challenged, they would have given a hard time to these, if exist, TTP.

Anddd, the Pashtoon population in karachi is quite anti-TTP as far as I know, most of the migrates in karachi are becuase TTP had made hell on Earth for them to live their areas, so I don't think they can enjoy any support there. Like BLA, TTP, if exist with this power, can only remain underground. They can't risk it like this!

Exactly, take a few shots of Haydri as well, while you are at it! :D

Most of my clients are in Hyderi, which by the name suggests has a large MQM HQ smack dab in the middle. Plus I get to go to Kati pahari and suhrab goth at least twice a week. its as bright and distastefully colorful as it was every week before it.

Most of my clients are in Hyderi, which by the name suggests has a large MQM HQ smack dab in the middle. Plus I get to go to Kati pahari and suhrab goth at least twice a week. its as bright and distastefully colorful as it was every week before it.
Oh... how much I miss CRAZY Karachi!!!!! Could never have as much fun in Lahore/Islamabad or any other big city. I love people of Karachi, they're so fun to be with. :)

Back
Top Bottom