What's new

TTP is not our concern, but Pakistan’s: Afghan Taliban

PTM is dead. So is Indian presence in Afghanistan.

Don't underestimate the enemy and its resources to create issues for Pakistan, there are a lot of people in Pakistan who would sell their country for some money.

Don't you think sending troops inside Afghanistan will raise some eye brows and it can cause some internal rift specially in the KPK region, as PTM will surely exploit this against Pakistan.
Who is announcing troops are in Afghanistan - I am talking about no more hinderances of foreign troops present along with massive intelligence support. It will be much easier to take offensive actions versus just 2 years ago.

Who is announcing troops are in Afghanistan - I am talking about no more hinderances of foreign troops present along with massive intelligence support. It will be much easier to take offensive actions versus just 2 years ago.

Ah you mean sneaky approach, I am just worried that any action from Pakistan on TTP might bring the likes of PTM on the roads, PTM got a blow of life time with the Taliban take over and now even Americans had enough of Afghans, but why not just use Drones ? I wonder if ISI still has their old contacts in Afghanistan? to even perform those intelligence based operations? How is public reaction on your part of America? my coworkers are asking me if my family is OK back home as Taliban took over, they mixed Afghanistan with Pakistan a lot here (SC).

Ah you mean sneaky approach, I am just worried that any action from Pakistan on TTP might bring the likes of PTM on the roads, PTM got a blow of life time with the Taliban take over and now even Americans had enough of Afghans, but why not just use Drones ? I wonder if ISI still has their old contacts in Afghanistan? to even perform those intelligence based operations? How is public reaction on your part of America? my coworkers are asking me if my family is OK back home as Taliban took over, they mixed Afghanistan with Pakistan a lot here (SC).
Watch the departed - good movie.

Yes, that will help understand a bit on global intelligence wars.

I definitely has seen the movie, but its been years now... Will try to watch it this weekend.

Don't underestimate the enemy and its resources to create issues for Pakistan, there are a lot of people in Pakistan who would sell their country for some money.

We have seen the worst of times. We will deal with it.

India has very little playroom in Afghanistan today and that is the most positive development.

Exactly my point.

Humor me on this

“TTP is not our problem but Pakistan’s”:

1. The IEA is a fledgling collection of individuals and cannot afford to be involved on too many fronts - it still has the Panjshir situation and ISIS-K to tackle let alone start off with TTP

2. “If they follow us they will lay down arms” - peaceful surrender is an option for TTP fighters

and if not

3.“Pakistan’s problem” and “we will not let our territory be used” - Pakistan can come in and handle it and we will look the other way. No more foreign presence or aircraft or anything for Pakistan to take into calculus.
Any and all Pakistani assets heretofore needing covert ops or otherwise can now be overt including airstrikes or anything needed to clear everything out.

If my reading above is even 70% accurate, I say it’s exactly what Pakistan wants

From the vibes I get from IEA perspective, they want to rewind time and wish for relations between Pakistan and Afghanistan to return to the friendly ties before 9/11 with people crossing freely between the 2 sides during their previous rule. Taliban in their 4 year rule before 9/11 never challenged durand line neither we had any issue that compelled us to fence the border. They do not claim our territory but rather want free movement between the 2 sides.

From our perspective all in all what I see is an opening for Pakistan and IEA a defense pact and the willingness of IEA to collaborate with Pakistan on intelligence operations and combined joint operations to get rid of any destabilising factors in the short-medium term. Once peace is established with hostile actors that threaten peace taken care of, in the longer term we can work towards free movement (or visa on entry) through the border crossings, this will address the Taliban concern/reservation.

They need help and support and in return they will keep their promise of protecting and not letting any form of proxy warfare against us, basically securing our back from a military point of view and enabling us access to central Asia from economic/commerce point of view.

PTM and their brothers pull charkhi conceived leaders of Kabul and their army fought so bravely that it will b mentioned in history books for centuries to come.

11 days to surrender of Kabul puts even changez khan to shame

3.“Pakistan’s problem” and “we will not let our territory be used” - Pakistan can come in and handle it and we will look the other way. No more foreign presence or aircraft or anything for Pakistan to take into calculus.
Any and all Pakistani assets heretofore needing covert ops or otherwise can now be overt including airstrikes or anything needed to clear everything out.

If my reading above is even 70% accurate, I say it’s exactly what Pakistan wants
This is what i believe is going to happen too, we might need to grow a pair or two and fire off some JDAMs while AT looks the other way.

From the vibes I get from IEA perspective, they want to rewind time and wish for relations between Pakistan and Afghanistan to return to the friendly ties before 9/11 with people crossing freely between the 2 sides during their previous rule. Taliban in their 4 year rule before 9/11 never challenged durand line neither we had any issue that compelled us to fence the border. They do not claim our territory but rather want free movement between the 2 sides.

From our perspective all in all what I see is an opening for Pakistan and IEA a defense pact and the willingness of IEA to collaborate with Pakistan on intelligence operations and combined joint operations to get rid of any destabilising factors in the short-medium term. Once peace is established with hostile actors that threaten peace taken care of, in the longer term we can work towards free movement (or visa on entry) through the border crossings, this will address the Taliban concern/reservation.

They need help and support and in return they will keep their promise of protecting and not letting any form of proxy warfare against us, basically securing our back from a military point of view and enabling us access to central Asia from economic/commerce point of view.
Visa free crossings and open borders are very detrimental to law&order in Pakistan.

Visa free crossings and open borders are very detrimental to law&order in Pakistan.

Sir let's leave visa free border crossing movement aside for abit.

TTP, bandits etc are superficial time bound entities/obstacles. Nothing that can not be overcome by collaboration by both sides if the will is there and obstacles as such can not and should be allowed to dictate long term relations. The only purpose they serve is enmity and hence making them the focal point will create more problems down the road, if focus will be on negetivity they will be replaced by some other obstacle/enmity to feed that cycle of enmity and distrust.

Taliban are in the fabric of Afghanistan, its time we develop comprehensive relations with them based on trust and respect.

Back
Top Bottom