What's new

TTP commander for North Waziristan touts operations in Pakistan

hope Army stays there so these scums never comeback.

The video is fake not the clips but overall the area they claim is not that area also the soldiers shown are not Army

Either the solutions are, let us undertake strikes inside Afghanistan as well and you will see the results but don't complain if it hurts the national interest of US/West and India. If US has to cheer up the India, can do something else as well than blaming Pakistan. Seems like India-US defence Pacts and anti-China stance started to speak.

Why do we wait for them to allow us, why not undertake it ourselves and take them out? I mean does PAF not possess the capability to strike inside Afghanistan? The only problem i see is the weak Pakistani government which does not stand up and defend such a unilateral strike.Never the less its high time we strike inside Afghanistan.

Sir, to be honest, I read the article couple of times than your post and just read it again. There is something wrong with our map that we have been taught and telling the generation to come as this lost author described a new border of Pakistan as well as drawn the new map here. In short, it is miserably failed attempt but still many will buy it out of sheer hatred to Pakistan. Someone tried and is hell bent to prove a remote assistance by suggesting that GOOD is hosting the BAD so how come GOOD remains GOOD but, wait, the one who pets the bad for us is indeed GOOD for someone, isn't it Sir?

Or

May be a typo and forgot to mention Afghan ISIS hosting TTP with all that support like in Syria?

but till few days back, Haqqanis (our so-called guys that we are blamed for) are now hosting TTP and writer forgot all those allegations and blames and demands by D.C to Pakistan against Haqqanis. The mother of all this confusion still sits and roams in Afghanistan in front of all major powers but still we are responsible, amusing isn't it?

The host for TTP and mastermind of TTP are sitting in Afghanistan but still we are blamed and the Irony is, no one from the first world, the most so-called educated said a word on it.

I was really laughing while read your post and the write-up of author.

But the thing is, someones assets are badly thwarted and dealt in the manners that it deserves, now are having delusional and unstable thoughts.

Side note: How can we help each other to understand that even author himself couldn't and would be reading again and again to understand.
these so called "analyists" know that by adding Muslims and Pakistan together is enough to get their words of Wisdom published since its a popular trend and specially in case of Pakistan they dont even need to proof read or check if they are factually flawed or intellectually handicapped.
I cant locate a thread where someone actually posted an article where the Author managed to blame Pakistan for Syria and Iraq as well... now that is height of imagination.

Enemies are clutching at straws these days, any tidbit of information to re assure themselves. ;)

Must be something to do with its partnership with the Americans who time and again air drop weapons and other equipment to ISIS
Well sir once an Iranian General said I always wonder that American missiles due to error hit our troops again and again while American supplies are air dropped again and again into area held by ISIS due to some error.

these so called "analyists" know that by adding Muslims and Pakistan together is enough to get their words of Wisdom published since its a popular trend and specially in case of Pakistan they dont even need to proof read or check if they are factually flawed or intellectually handicapped.
I cant locate a thread where someone actually posted an article where the Author managed to blame Pakistan for Syria and Iraq as well... now that is height of imagination.

Sir, actually it is more like the days about WMDs in Iraq that reminds me about they wanted to read and hear what they wanted but not the truth. In this case, you know much better than me that no one even bother to read in detail nor ask such questions needed in these times that who is supporting whom and who is really fighting the menace of terrorism.

You may remember that Lashkar-e-Taiba guy that confessed about killing only as orders received and was paid accordingly and by the same time revealed about Indian connections.

I do agree with you and many others would that just adding Muslim and Pakistan to any content can make it well paid. A Muslim woman was put on fire in NY did any drum beating even in Pakistan lightened a candle or raised the issue even of that kicking pregnant woman in France but none because suspect is not Muslim or Pakistani at all.

Mehsud confession but none looked at it, Kulbashan confession but none looked at it so what to expect though we must continue with our responsibility to tell the truth.

Yes I read it somewhere about Pakistan in Syria.

The only problem i see is the weak Pakistani government which does not stand up and defend such a unilateral strike.Never the less its high time we strike inside Afghanistan.

Firstly we lack to represent the case on diplomatic front due to incompetence and even this case to be contested by Army.

Secondly, even by having that much power and sources, super Powers in Afghanistan are sitting like ducks so we must not stretch our legs further and should secure the border though it has to be asked for such op to remind them and a wake-up call.

Last edited:
This is worrying. Though I do not agree with the assertion that Afghan Taliban are our assets I agree with the belief that the TTP has not been completely destroyed. The proof of this are continuing regular attacks in the country including the two on the first day of eid.

Though it would be possible to discount the other messages in this article it is good to remember that longwarjournal is one of the best sources on war on terror information and that this is a portent we should not ignore. The taliban constantly regroup and organize themselves despite constant operations. Our list of failures are clear when we note the fact that we have repeatedly made claims that Fazlullah has been killed or other taliban leaders have been killed only to see them well and alive in other places.

Our war on terror is filled with mistakes. The collective responsibilities act of the Frontier crimes regulation still applies and entire tribes are blamed for the terrorism of a few miscreants. The bazaar in makeen has been bulldozed several times now. It is hard fighting this fight where it is difficult to differentiate terrorist from civilian but there is much to be done. Our claims of victory are hollow and will remain hollow until every talibani scum is lying dead at our feet. To do this we need to infiltrate them, gain proper intel and use this information to arrest terrorist commanders specially. Fazlullah, Qari Hussain, Umar Mansoor, Akhunzada are not new names. They have been causing havoc for years. The people we do arrest are taliban militants at the bottom of the heirarchy, not those who organize and arrange all these attacks.

logo.png

TTP commander for North Waziristan touts operations in Pakistan
BY BILL ROGGIO | September 14, 2016 | admin@longwarjournal.org | @billroggio

Akhtar Mohammad Khalil
, the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan’s commander for North Waziristan.

The Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan (Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan or TTP) highlighted its operations in North Waziristan, and featured its new commander for the Pakistani tribal agency recently. The TTP counters the Pakistani military’s claims that Operation Zarb-e-Azm has succeeded in defeating jihadists of all stripes in North Waziristan.

Akhtar Mohammad Khalil, the TTP’s emir for North Waziristan, appeared in a video released today that purports to show Taliban fighters operating openly in the contested tribal agency. The video was released on Umar Media, the official propaganda outlet of the TTP.

The first four minutes of the video show TTP fighters firing mortars, rockets, recoilless rifles, and machine guns at Pakistan troops in remote mountainous areas. Additionally, three captured Pakistani security personnel are put on display. While the date and location of the video cannot be independently confirmed, it appears to have been recorded in the spring or early Summer.

The last two thirds of the video is devoted to an Eid speech given by Khalil, who is seated on the ground and flanked by two of his commanders. Additionally, two masked and heavily armed fighters are standing behind Khalil as he speaks.

Khalil was appointed to lead TTP forces in North Waziristan last Spring. On May 16, 2016, the group released an official statement on Umar Media noting that Khalil pledged allegiance to TTP emir Mullah Fazlullah, and said that the TTP accepted his oath and appointed him to serve as the commander of its forces in the restive tribal agency.

As emir for North Waziristan, Khalil is tasked with opposing Operation Zarb-e-Azb, the Pakistani military offensive in the tribal agency of North Waziristan which began in June 2014. The Pakistani military has said for the past year that Operation Zarb-e-Azb is in its “last phase” and that jihadist groups of all stripes have been defeated there. On Sept. 1 Lieutenant General Asim Bajwa, the military’s top spokesman, claimed that 3,500 “terrorists” were killed during the fighting, and all but declared the operation over.

“Given the rough terrain of North Waziristan, it was a challenging task to carry out the operation in area, yet the armed forces were successful in clearing out all terrorist hideouts, caves and tunnels,” Bajwa said, according to The Express Tribune.

Additionally, he claimed that the Shawal Valley, a haven for a wide range of terrorist groups, including the TTP, al Qaeda, and independent Pakistani Taliban organizations such as the Hafiz Gul Bahadar Group and the Haqqani Network, “has been turned into Switzerland.”

Bajwa and the Pakistani military have claimed that under Zarb-e-Azb, it has targeted all jihadist groups in North Waziristan, including the Haqqani Network and the Hafiz Gul Bahadar Group. However, the Pakistani military has blatantly ignored the Haqqanis and Bahadar’s group, which are considered “good Taliban” as they are supported by the military and intelligence services. During Zarb-e-Azb, the military has only targeted the TTP, the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, and al Qaeda, or “bad Taliban,” as these groups advocate overthrowing the Pakistani government.

The “good Taliban” are the life blood of the “bad Taliban.” They provide shelter, safe haven, logistics, manpower, finances, and other key enablers that allow the networks to survive a military offensive such as Zarb-e-Azb. Groups like the TTP melt away while a rearguard harasses Pakistani forces, and establishes or reinforces operations in other areas of Pakistan.

Bill Roggio is a Senior Fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies and the Editor of The Long War Journal.

So much for Zarb-e-Azb this and that.

Stop differentiating between these monkeys because they are not differentiating between us.

@Khan_21

This is worrying. Though I do not agree with the assertion that Afghan Taliban are our assets I agree with the belief that the TTP has not been completely destroyed. The proof of this are continuing regular attacks in the country including the two on the first day of eid.

Though it would be possible to discount the other messages in this article it is good to remember that longwarjournal is one of the best sources on war on terror information and that this is a portent we should not ignore. The taliban constantly regroup and organize themselves despite constant operations. Our list of failures are clear when we note the fact that we have repeatedly made claims that Fazlullah has been killed or other taliban leaders have been killed only to see them well and alive in other places.

Our war on terror is filled with mistakes. The collective responsibilities act of the Frontier crimes regulation still applies and entire tribes are blamed for the terrorism of a few miscreants. The bazaar in makeen has been bulldozed several times now. It is hard fighting this fight where it is difficult to differentiate terrorist from civilian but there is much to be done. Our claims of victory are hollow and will remain hollow until every talibani scum is lying dead at our feet. To do this we need to infiltrate them, gain proper intel and use this information to arrest terrorist commanders specially. Fazlullah, Qari Hussain, Umar Mansoor, Akhunzada are not new names. They have been causing havoc for years. The people we do arrest are taliban militants at the bottom of the heirarchy, not those who organize and arrange all these attacks.

The thing is that Pakistan is fooling herself by differentiating between these scum, the jurnails think that they play with Afghan Talis against Afghanistan but they are forgetting that TTP and Afghan Talis are joined in the hip.

So much for Zarb-e-Azb this and that.

Stop differentiating between these monkeys because they are not differentiating between us.

@Khan_21

The thing is that Pakistan is fooling herself by differentiating between these scum, the jurnails think that they play with Afghan Talis against Afghanistan but they are forgetting that TTP and Afghan Talis are joined in the hip.
Afghan taliban are as bad as TTP and they do in Afghanistan exactly what TTP does in Pakistan. Though I do not agree there is support for the Afghan Taliban from the military/government there is indeed sympathy among common Pakistanis for the Afghan Taliban. This belief is the idea that they are fighting America. America leaving the country will surely reduce such views but the mindset is dangerous and wants something for Afghanistan (sharia) which we don't want for ourselves.

Though I have to note that a country thousands of miles away should not be occupying a country and bombing its citizens. Afghans till previously were being killed by both NATO and Afghan Taliban. Truth is I would love to see America and neo cons like Solomon to fall with it but these emotional fools think attacking afghan forces and civilians will do anything. They are essentially using nato as an excuse to kill local innocents. They have to be stopped. But as I have said Afghanistan is also keeping TTP cadres safe in their southern territories. The blame game is not one sided here.

Back
Top Bottom