What's new

TTP announced ceasefire..??

White privilege

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So, I had to go back in timeline to dig this up. What is the authenticity of this ceasefire news?? Interestingly, no much violence has occured over Eid holidays. What demands were met and in return what did we achieve?? The ceasefire is announced till May 10, should we brace for new attacks after that ??

So, I had to go back in timeline to dig this up. What is the authenticity of this ceasefire news?? Interestingly, no much violence has occured over Eid holidays. What demands were met and in return what did we achieve?? The ceasefire is announced till May 10, should we brace for new attacks after that ??
It was a prisoner exchange - under the table. To show “strong and stable genius” leadership under lunatic league.

We keep on repeating the same over and over again. We do peace treaties, give them a breathing space, they start hitting us, we increase the pressure and sign a peace treaty again.

We are just stuck in an infinity loop.

Any major terries let go like Muslim Khan types?? 'A longstanding demand' wouldn't be just any of the low rank clowns...
They kept the list closed under lock and key - my guess is a couple of HVT got handed over. A real defeat for our counter- terrorism wins over the past few years.

They kept the list closed under lock and key - my guess is a couple of HVT got handed over. A real defeat for our counter- terrorism wins over the past few years.
So why would the Army agree to this?? Unless it paves way for lasting peace, otherwise all this is moot. But those HVTs, drained for intelligence, now lying around w/o any trial mechanism, would be no use either.

@PanzerKiel would you like to add something??

So we got people back too?? Will it last?? Haven't we done this sh*t a thousand times before, what's different now??

What has really changed in the past many decades and, in a more profound sense, since Partition?

It's all a circus.

We keep on repeating the same over and over again. We do peace treaties, give them a breathing space, they start hitting us, we increase the pressure and sign a peace treaty again.

We are just stuck in an infinity loop.

How can we change when institutional ethos, training, selection, etc., remains the same? Why would people being produced by the same system and having the same priorities engage in radical transformation?

So why would the Army agree to this?? Unless it paves way for lasting peace, otherwise all this is moot. But those HVTs, drained for intelligence, now lying around w/o any trial mechanism, would be no use either.

@PanzerKiel would you like to add something??
Sir jee, you ask me (an insignificant) such an important question. These decisions are made by people in closed rooms - bas is Pakistani ke eik he dua hain:

Pak Sar Zameen Shaad Baad!

The rest my friend is politics and mindfuckery

The establishment promised us that when we had an Afghan Taliban/"Pro Pakistan" government in Afghanistan, we'd have a relatively peaceful Western border and the elimination of safe havens of the killers of our children. Now we see that we are secretly releasing their captured pests in the hope that they may spare us for a few more days, under the protection of our supposed well wishers. Is there anything that our leadership does, that does not backfire on us spectacularly? Will there ever be any accountability for those who lead us in to such situations? (I know I'm speaking in the dark here, I expect no satisfying answer to my questions.)

The establishment promised us that when we had an Afghan Taliban/"Pro Pakistan" government in Afghanistan, we'd have a relatively peaceful Western border and the elimination of safe havens of the killers of our children. Now we see that we are secretly releasing their captured pests in the hope that they may spare us for a few more days, under the protection of our supposed well wishers. Is there anything that our leadership does, that does not backfire on us spectacularly? Will there ever be any accountability for those who lead us in to such situations? (I know I'm speaking in the dark here, I expect no satisfying answer to my questions.)

I'm glad you added that last line. These are just lamentations now. This is our history and future --- unless this historic cross-roads manages to introduce some unexpected, significant change.

6f7s64.jpg

South Waziristan is heavily infiltrated by TTP. Army asked Mehaud tribe to leave area so they can start operation. Read the link to see sorry state of Intelligence apparatus in Tribal areaa

North Waziristan is already hotbed and back to pre 2010 era where Army used to suffer large casualties. Lot of local groups joining

Its a matter of time mangal bagh group re emerges in Tirah and Khyber agency under the patronage of TTP

Bajwa doctrine pushing us back to 2008. Discipline boys, discipline.

Just follow the pied piper without a question.

Back
Top Bottom