What's new

Trump to visit Saudi Arabia in first foreign trip, seeking new ties with Muslim world

You really think the political situation following the revolution would have permitted such arms sales?

And I don't think anyone envies the fact that a country with no military independence? We were like that in the 1980s and see how well that ended for us.
The problem that caused it to end up that way with the Shah was a social problem, Majority of Iranians were living a poor life, while Iran was rich, and its resources were held by a few close to the Shah's family elites.. nothing else.. and in the 70's Iran was buying the best and most expansive weapons of the US..

Interestingly, such an Islamic alliance was first coined by President Clinton. He even asked for suggestions from the leading Muslim thinkers of the time. Then, Monica Lewinski incident sprang up and he spent the rest of his presidency on defining what "sex" is!!!!! What a wastage of time and energy!!!!!!

we muslims have a history of learning the hard way brother :D so i am gonna give Saudi's that, at least they took the initiative but lets see how it goes, if KSA try to control the action of Alliance for their Sectarian BS wars , than i see no hope for this Alliance and will become another Joke like OIC

The problem that caused it to end up that way with the Shah was a social problem, Majority of Iranians were living a poor life, while Iran was rich, and its resources were held by a few close to the Shah's family elites.. nothing else.. and in the 70's Iran was buying the best and most expansive weapons of the US..
We we still importing artillery shells and unguided bombs just before the revolution. We were even worse than Saudi is now. It's because the shah was lazy and just wanted his shiny army that crumbled as soon as it lost foreign support.

Sorry for being off topic, but What are they doing?! :o:
photo5841562260714138149.jpg

It reminds me of this!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Orda4.jpg

We we still importing artillery shells and unguided bombs just before the revolution. We were even worse than Saudi is now. It's because the shah was lazy and just wanted his shiny army that crumbled as soon as it lost foreign support.
That shiny army in terms of purchased equipment such as the F14s from your picture are the reason Iran effectively pushed back Iraqi invasion. If we didn't have those...

Foreign weapons and equipment are still dangerous in the right hands...even if you cut foreign support. We are still operating the F14s...

The important thing to have is soldiers that are skilled and brave, and that is what the Saudis lack.

Iran is still rich in natural resources(one of the world's largest oil and gas reserves,believe they are in the top 5) many mines, oil, tourist places, a fertile soil and talented youths with a very skilled and educated youthful population and from what I have seen here in Britain and other European countries I have been to Iranians are less religious and more liberal in their thinking(not so for their government/leaders of course, while from what I have noticed during my visit to some Arab gulf states it's the opposite .lol) than their other Muslim counterparts in the middle East/Arabs/south Asia .in short the country has everything to be a prosperous developed advanced country. Seems what is holding it back is their government policies both internal and external,corruption,nepotism, favouritism, limited social freedoms, structural economic issues(very high inflation,low productivity,wages ,dominance of state in economy,high unemployment leading to brain drain towards the West etc). Sure sanctions have played a role in this, but the country also have structural issues which has contributed alot to impending Iran growth.
Seems the people's livelihood hasn't changed much unfortunately,w which given the country's huge natural resources shouldn't have been the case.

That shiny army in terms of purchased equipment such as the F14s from your picture are the reason Iran effectively pushed back Iraqi invasion. If we didn't have those...
I know that very well. The F-14s themselves got up to 153 kills against Iraqi aircraft.

But that doesn't mean buying shiny weapons is a good policy. We had the 100% solution but it was only operational 30% of the time (actually for the F-14, more like 15%). It is better to make a 80% solution that works 90% of the time.

Iran is still rich in natural resources(one of the world's largest oil and gas reserves,believe they are in the top 5) many mines, oil, tourist places, a fertile soil and talented youths with a very skilled and educated youthful population and from what I have seen here in Britain and other European countries I have been to Iranians are less religious and more liberal in their thinking(not so for their government/leaders of course, while from what I have noticed during my visit to some Arab gulf states it's the opposite .lol) than their other Muslim counterparts in the middle East/Arabs/south Asia .in short the country has everything to be a prosperous developed advanced country. Seems what is holding it back is their government policies both internal and external,corruption,nepotism, favouritism, limited social freedoms, structural economic issues(very high inflation,low productivity,wages ,dominance of state in economy,high unemployment leading to brain drain towards the West etc). Sure sanctions have played a role in this, but the country also have structural issues which has contributed alot to impending Iran growth.
Seems the people's livelihood hasn't changed much unfortunately,w which given the country's huge natural resources shouldn't have been the case.
That has more to do with the international sanctions than anything else..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom