What's new

Trump promised the sun and the moon to PM Imran Khan but gave nothing: PM's Adviser

Pakistan Space Agency

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A hard hitting interview by Saleem Safi with the PM's Adviser Moeed Yusuf on Jigra from 3rd July 2021.

Some of the subjects adviser talked about:
  • Clarification that the US never requested any military bases in Pakistan.
  • Taliban's unexpected rapid and dramatic takeover of Afghanistan has jeopardized Pakistani strategic planning.
  • Not sure if the US wants a civil war in Afghanistan or is hoping for a civil war there.
  • The US has never pressured Pakistan to choose between US and China.
  • Lack of US interest in improving bilateral trade with Pakistan.
  • US felt backstabbed by India during Russian takeover of Crimea.
  • No plans to liberate Indian Occupied Kashmir in way or form.

The anchor is so stupid

A hard hitting interview by Saleem Safi with the PM's Adviser Moeed Yusuf on Jigra from 3rd July 2021.

• Taliban's unexpected rapid and dramatic takeover of Afghanistan has jeopardized Pakistani strategic planning.
  • Not sure if the US wants a civil war in Afghanistan or is hoping for a civil war there.

Pathetic anchor would not call him journalist. Who the eff even listens to these folks like saleem safi or hamid mir?

"
Trump promised the sun and the moon to PM Imran Khan
"

That is new
USA, China, Russia... all will be promising the same to Pakistan.

I don't think it should ever be considered as something special.

Even with China, as I heard, Xi's big ambitions of any kind of military base on the Arabian sea shore went nowhere, as our generals met yours only to understand that they didn't understand anything about the country.

Russia as of late seem to be up for the same realisation too.

Trying speaking humbly here, there are circles in your country which are keen on inviting superpowers in, as if your sovereignty is for sale, but then they just take the King's ransom from them for nothing, and give them the boot.

... Trying speaking humbly here, there are circles in your country which are keen on inviting superpowers in, as if your sovereignty is for sale, but then they just take the King's ransom from them for nothing, and give them the boot.

The only superpower that has backstabbed Pakistan (thrice) is the United States. China/Russia don't have any problems with Pakistan and neither does Pakistan see them as hostile.

The only reason Pakistan was forced to approach the US in the past (thrice) was because only they were willing to provide financial support. That all changed in 2015.

"
Trump promised the sun and the moon to PM Imran Khan
"

That is new
Not really...

1. He spoke about Trade.
2. He spoke about Kashmir.

I suppose you missed out on these clips.

This is probably why majority of people in Pakistan don't have faith or trust in the US. In our experience, they're infamous or lets say notorious for going back on their word(s).

I believe some refer to it as: Backstabbers

=> Then, Why so much noise by Imran khan and the goverment? Internal vote politics - should be away from international politics.

US felt backstabbed by India during Russian takeover of Crimea
=> India and Russia relationship is very much deeper to understand,
=> there was no plan. there is no plan and there will no plan.
Not really...

1. He spoke about Trade.

I suppose you missed out on these clips.

This is probably why majority of people in Pakistan don't have faith or trust in the US. In our experience, they're infamous or lets say notorious for going back on their word(s).

I believe some refer to it as: Backstabbers

He never promised anything, especially on Kashmir. It was Imran khan who said that " Lagta hai world cup victory after meeting with Trump, in Pakistan"

Trump always said that if both are agreed then he is ready to solve the differences on Kashmir.

Last edited:
Ofcourse they did as was revealed in the HBO interview with PMIK. Didn't you notice the Journalist reaction with the, "Really?!!" after PMIK told him no Bases OR CIA would be allowed on Pakistan soil.

Trump always that if both are agreed then he is ready to solve the differences on Kashmir.
Be as it may, but Economy, Trade were discussed - & they did have meetings behind close doors. I doubt they discussed Cricket. PMIK would not have made that comment about winning the World Cup unless he was promised something. Now if the US fell short on their word, you can't blame the guy.

This time around - he's already dealt with one blow-hole, i'm pretty certain he won't be taken for a ride by another, especially by someone who qualifies as a crippled.

USA, China, Russia... all will be promising the same to Pakistan.

I don't think it should ever be considered as something special.

Even with China, as I heard, Xi's big ambitions of any kind of military base on the Arabian sea shore went nowhere, as our generals met yours only to understand that they didn't understand anything about the country.

Russia as of late seem to be up for the same realisation too.

Trying speaking humbly here, there are circles in your country which are keen on inviting superpowers in, as if your sovereignty is for sale, but then they just take the King's ransom from them for nothing, and give them the boot.

The United States is the ideal choice. Britain is a superpower, with a superior military, economy, technology, and many allies. The problem is that he is very practical. Like he abandoned South Vietnam, the kurds and now the government of afganistan... If anyone wants to be a brother to the United States, the first thing is Anglo-Saxons like England, Australia, New zealand ... the second thing is to show the strategic value and potential like Israel.

what can one expect from a jamadar/istanjadar anchor and OP!

=> Then, Why so much noise by Imran khan and the goverment? Internal vote politics - should be away from international politics.
The American media created all the noise about American bases.

PM Imran in his initial interview with Axios made it clear that the US Government had not asked for any bases and neither this was discussed when the CIA Director visited Pakistan. He clarified if they had requested it, the answer would be a no.

He never promised anything, especially on Kashmir. It was Imran khan who said that " Lagta hai world cup victory after meeting with Trump, in Pakistan"

Trump always said that if both are agreed then he is ready to solve the differences on Kashmir.
He was talking about promises of trade and investments in Pakistan but Trump did not follow it through.

Both can not be given...they are prohibited by international treaty.
:D:D:D
Not really...

1. He spoke about Trade.

I can talk too. Do I get anything ? :-)
The only superpower that has backstabbed Pakistan (thrice) is the United States. China/Russia don't have any problems with Pakistan and neither does Pakistan see them as hostile.

The only reason Pakistan was forced to approach the US in the past (thrice) was because only they were willing to provide financial support. That all changed in 2015.

Russia (old USSR) partitioned you in 1971

One of these days China will do the same - as Pakistanis never understand - there are only permanent interests - no permanent friends, no permanent enemies

Russia (old USSR) partitioned you in 1971

One of these days China will do the same - as Pakistanis never understand - there are only permanent interests - no permanent friends, no permanent enemies
Nonsense. The Soviet Union is dead. Pak-Afghan forces killed it.

Back
Top Bottom