What's new

Trump has all but decided to withdraw from Iran nuclear deal: sources

Fundamental Laws of serial exploiting:

Law 1: Create vulnerability.
Law 2: Start exploiting.
Law 3: Play the victim.

What is the solution then, in your opinion?

Since I guess you don't like the option of Iran developing nuclear weapons?

What is the solution then, in your opinion?

Since I guess you don't like the option of Iran developing nuclear weapons?
My solution is that you, and the rest of the Chinese members stop playing the victim.

None of those things have any significant effect on China's interests

1. It actually is in China's interest to make billions of dollars selling Iran arms at a time when it is most desperate for them.

2. Of course it is in China's interest to veto a UNSC resolution imposing sanctions on Iran. Tens of billions of dollars worth of trade, investment, cheaper oil. What you mean to say is that it is not in China's interest to stand up to the US, as it was wary of the pressure the US would put on China for blocking the UN sanctions. But why would you vote for them? At least abstaining would signal your dissatisfaction, rather than a positive vote that is actually endorsing losing tens of billions of dollars of trade.

3. See 1.

many analysts claim that the US-Iran dispute is good for China because it allows us more strategic breathing room

So why weaken Iran by helping impose sanctions? Or, why not help Iran strategically, to make it a bigger headache for the US. That would give you even more breathing room.

How will the Middle East fall to the US any more than it already is?

Iran is the leader of the 'axis of resistance' that includes Iraq, Syria, Hezbollah. If Iran falls, all those will fall into the US orbit too. There's another 2 carriers that can limit your breathing room, not to mention tens of thousands more US troops, high value aircraft like B-2s and F-22s etc. The US will have total control of middle eastern oil.

China is now the largest trading partner of most of the countries in the Middle East, ask them if they will openly side with the US against China in the SCS?

Firstly, it is not a good idea to let your enemy have client states which control half (more?) of the world's oil. In a war with China, the US would force those countries to embargo China. The stakes are too high for them to ask nicely.

That's funny, the entire world buys Chinese goods. Including the US and the EU which Iran is trying to get approval from, in fact our exports are so popular there that the Trump administration had to use trade protectionist measures to reduce their colossal trade deficit to us.

But the only one I hear complaining about Chinese goods non-stop is Iran. Is it just that Iran has much higher standards than the developed countries of the Western world, Canada, EU, Australia, as well as Japan and South Korea? Or is a conspiracy where China is specifically reducing quality standards in our factories just for exports that go to Iran?

I have to admit you are getting too defensive. It is not just Iran with a stigma about Chinese goods. China isn't perfect, you know. And I am well aware of higher quality Chinese goods, but that doesn't mean there aren't some bad ones which can leave a bad impression.

But anyway, that is not the issue.

So basically you gave us absolutely nothing in return. That's what I thought.

You know, when I was in school, I knew this guy (not a friend) who would always ask for favors, helping him with this and that, and I was always happy to help. But guess what happened when I asked for some favors in return? He was nowhere to be seen.

That's what I feel the Sino-Iranian relationship is like, China suffering from helping Iran to bypass the sanctions (look at ZTE or the Chinese citizens arrested for helping to bypass Iran sanctions), and Iran pointing a finger at us and accusing us of exploiting them.

The issue is that these goods were forced upon Iran when what Iran absolutely needed at a time when its government was draining its reserves (since oil makes a significant part of Iranian government budget) was foreign currency. Consumer goods were not an issue, whatever quality. We needed foreign reserves for trade and hard cash to run the country. Even after sanctions had been lifted, and China had no excuse for bartering (to avoid financial sanctions), it refused to pay in actual money rather than goods.

Then turning around and making a deal with the US:

And China. And Russia. And the EU. How did Iran getting sanctions lifted in exchange for time-limited restrictions on its nuclear program negatively affect China?

Iran will never actually fight the USA.

They will wear American flags on their shirt and dance around like that famous Iranian guy above.

Iran never really wanted to fight the USA, they only wanted to be accepted by the USA.

And now Iran is in such a terrible position that the orange baboon in the White House (who is completely insane) will be willing to invade Iran if Netanyahu even suspects that Iran might reach 90% enrichment capability. Trump is an actual lunatic, the possibility of this happening is very real.

1. 1 Iranian out of 80 million wears a shirt with the US flag on it. Oorah, let's go invade China!

2. We want to deal with the world normally and have prosperity for our people. Pretty standard. No point twisting it into some kind of suggestion that we want to be approved by an orange baboon with crazy hair.

3. Iran is not in a terrible position. We gave up none of our defensive capabilities. Even the nuclear program was not military in nature after 2003. I repeat, we gave up nothing.

Tramp: Iran will succumb to negotiations or "something will happen"

tea_cosy_pete_3198806b.jpg

#White House: We preparing to impose additional sanctions on Iran next week

Good news for Russia and EU and China since they are staying in the deal which means they trade with Iran without competition from America.

Iran is not in a favorable situation and its position is difficult:

- The US withdrew from the nuclear deal and imposed sanctions..

- Europe and Russia "stick" to the agreement and hence force Iran to continue to implement the agreement and ban any nuclear activity..

- Which Means that Iran remains in the agreement and must implement the terms of the agreement in full with sanctions and pressure from outside by the US ..

It is possible that this is a game or an agreement between the US and Europe.. Where Iran won't be able to stay in the deal and will have to negotiate a new deal..

Iran is the leader of the 'axis of resistance' that includes Iraq, Syria, Hezbollah.

This unfortunately seems like a Shia alliance, which is a tough sell when the majority of the world's Muslims are Sunni. Just take a look at our important strategic and economic partners in the Muslim world to see why this might be a problem.

Even after sanctions had been lifted, and China had no excuse for bartering (to avoid financial sanctions), it refused to pay in actual money rather than goods.

Is this true though? That seems like China would be shooting itself in the foot, like a client-supplier relationship that is killed on the first day by someone being stingy, ruining the rest of the multiple-decade trading relationship.

It's not as if China is lacking in terms of foreign exchange, we have foreign exchange reserves of over $3 trillion, and that's not even counting our sovereign wealth funds.

Where did this information come from?

So why weaken Iran by helping impose sanctions? Or, why not help Iran strategically, to make it a bigger headache for the US. That would give you even more breathing room.

The only real way for Iran to pose a permanent deterrent threat against the mad orange baboons in the White House is for them to develop nuclear weapons, but for some incredible reason they don't want to do that.

2. Of course it is in China's interest to veto a UNSC resolution imposing sanctions on Iran. Tens of billions of dollars worth of trade, investment, cheaper oil. What you mean to say is that it is not in China's interest to stand up to the US, as it was wary of the pressure the US would put on China for blocking the UN sanctions. But why would you vote for them? At least abstaining would signal your dissatisfaction, rather than a positive vote that is actually endorsing losing tens of billions of dollars of trade.

China has to do what is in the interests of the Chinese nation. Both China and Russia decided it was in our respective best interests to water down the Iranian sanctions resolution and then to let it pass.

How did Iran getting sanctions lifted in exchange for time-limited restrictions on its nuclear program negatively affect China?

It's pretty clear that Iran is not happy about being dependent on China, especially in terms of consumer goods and investments. There have been no end of complaints from Iran's side about China's consumer goods and investment projects.

The sad truth is that most of the world's major oil importers are in the US camp, the only major oil importer that is not in the US camp is China, which also happens to be the largest energy consumer in the world. So it means we are stuck dealing with each other, like it or not.

China isn't perfect, you know.

Absolutely, China is not perfect. China has made some of the biggest mistakes in human history (particularly during the Century of Humiliation) and is certainly still making mistakes today, though not quite as large in terms of scale.

However I don't see a problem with China's current policy towards Iran and the Middle East in general. If you have any reliable information to show that China has failed to pay Iran when it was perfectly able to do so, or deliberately played dirty in some business dealings (that is not just down to the corruption of some individuals), etc. I would be happy to see it and then I would certainly revise my opinion.

This unfortunately seems like a Shia alliance, which is a tough sell when the majority of the world's Muslims are Sunni. Just take a look at our important strategic and economic partners in the Muslim world to see why this might be a problem.

Is this true though? That seems like China would be shooting itself in the foot, like a client-supplier relationship that is killed on the first day by someone being stingy, ruining the rest of the multiple-decade trading relationship.

It's not as if China is lacking in terms of foreign exchange, we have foreign exchange reserves of over $3 trillion, and that's not even counting our sovereign wealth funds.

Where did this information come from?

The only real way for Iran to pose a permanent deterrent threat against the mad orange baboons in the White House is for them to develop nuclear weapons, but for some incredible reason they don't want to do that.

China has to do what is in the interests of the Chinese nation. Both China and Russia decided it was in our respective best interests to water down the Iranian sanctions resolution and then to let it pass.

It's pretty clear that Iran is not happy about being dependent on China, especially in terms of consumer goods and investments. There have been no end of complaints from Iran's side about China's consumer goods and investment projects.

The sad truth is that most of the world's major oil importers are in the US camp, the only major oil importer that is not in the US camp is China, which also happens to be the largest energy consumer in the world. So it means we are stuck dealing with each other, like it or not.

Absolutely, China is not perfect. China has made some of the biggest mistakes in human history (particularly during the Century of Humiliation) and is certainly still making mistakes today, though not quite as large in terms of scale.

However I don't see a problem with China's current policy towards Iran and the Middle East in general. If you have any reliable information to show that China has failed to pay Iran when it was perfectly able to do so, or deliberately played dirty in some business dealings (that is not just down to the corruption of some individuals), etc. I would be happy to see it and then I would certainly revise my opinion.
It is not our business
Just take a cup of tea and enjoy the big show. Do some business with GCC,they are a really good business partner
If Some ignorant boy beg our help, when he really grown up, consider a win-win solution

Last edited:
It is not our business
Just take a cup of tea and enjoy the big show
Someone beg our help, offer a win-win solution

if you think a geopolitical issue as large as this does not affect china directly, you are either stupid or delusional. I can assure you though Chinese officials are far more intelligent then that and understand the implications of this. I suggest you find a football forum to get your china stronk chest puffing kicks out of. it would be a more appropriate platform as it doesn't belong in a serious geopolitical debate in my opinion.

Iran weathered the Reagan years. When we were alone with empty hands fighting for our survival and the US was on top of its game.

Today iran has never been stronger in its position vs. the west. that is why Obama signed this deal with iran. not because he was in love with iran. But because of his pivot to asia strategy.

it is simply not in American interests to get bogged down into trillion dollar conflicts in the middle east anymore.

trump is not going to break or defeat iran. and he could very will be a fart in the air 1 term president. 5-10 years from now after iran could very well beat that last little bit of delusion out of American Zionists/neocons and they might accept reality like Obama did. and try to make peace with iran to contain china.

Obama even outright explicitly said "the Saudis have to learn to share the region with iran" "you cannot get in to a conflict with a 80 million nation" reality will eventually hit the Americans. its in chinas interest not to drive iran away.

if you think a geopolitical issue as large as this does not affect china directly, you are either stupid or delusional. I can assure you though Chinese officials are far more intelligent then that and understand the implications of this. I suggest you find a football forum to get your china stronk chest puffing kicks out of. it would be a more appropriate platform as it doesn't belong in a serious geopolitical debate in my opinion.
Yes, I am stupid,you are smart,ok?
Funny boy:woot:

Back
Top Bottom