What's new

Tripura lifts AFSPA as insurgency declines

Chanu Sharmila has been on fast for past many years for repealing AFSPA. Her effort has not gone in vein!

CONGRATS to the Iron Lady!! Her sacrifice has finally paid off. :tup:

@thesolar65 sir,it's actually a good news that the Central Govt. has finally decided to lift the controversial AFSPA from Tripura after 18 long years but the problem is that it continues to remain active in some other parts of the N.E.India like Manipur,Nagaland and Assam.So i don't think that Ms.Irom Sharmila will break her fast anytime soon because of the fact that Manipur is still identified as a conflict zone by the Center and hence it will continue to remain under the AFSPA until the state can effectively put to an the ongoing separatist movement:coffee:.

tumblr_nm5huuCsCn1uqwxcoo3_400.jpg

But she's started being heard finally!
Her zeal already forced the state to remove it from seven districts, but given the fact that separatist activities are more frequent in Manipur than Tripura, it will take more time to lift AFSPA from all the districts of Manipur. But I am not sure why this law is still there in other states like Arunachal and Nagaland. The situation is much better in those areas.

Good opportunity for us to give India befitting reply in that region now and Irom will go back to fast(I feel sad for this lady). Oh my God, so many options. :dance3:

Good to hear that. Peace is important for economic growth of state.

I read this part somewhere, trouble creating elements entering from Bangladesh side. I suppose fencing issue with the neighboring nation is resolved as it will cut down infiltration and malice its spreads.
right on the money

New Delhi, May 28 (ANI): In a landmark decision, the Tripura state government has decided to withdraw the controversial Armed Forces Special Power Act (AFSPA) from the remaining areas of the state.

As per reports, the latest half-yearly review by the police found no need to extend the Act any further.

The state will now move the Union Home Ministry for formal withdrawal of AFSPA.

The Act was implemented in 40 police station areas of the state in February, 1997. With declining insurgency, the administration, in June 2013 had earlier withdrawn the Act from nine police stations. (ANI)

Very good news for Tripura

May Irom Chanu Sharmila break her fast for ever!!

@Rain Man @SrNair @SRP @gslv @levina @Blue_Eyes @Guynextdoor2 @Abingdonboy @wolfschanzze @Mike_Brando @Capt.Popeye @WAR-rior @Koovie and others your views please. After a long time wishes of Manipur people have been fulfilled. Bad or good???
Half Year review is not enough, there needs to be a gap of atleast 1 or 2 years without any incident.Then we can be sure of removing.
We had the same problem before, we gave Maoists ceasefire, infact they indirectly suggested it since, they were almost extinct and they needed time to replenish their stocks and recruit new people.They had 6 months ceasefire time.AP Police protested about the foolishness of our Politicians,It is a strange stupidity of our Politicians who try to rescue Anti-Nationals who are on Death bed and give them new lease of life.When a enemy is almost dying why give him time to recover,finish him.
The Maoists used this 6 months time and buried landmines and IED's in places where Police would frequently move or stay.After 6 months they started blasting the Police.Then YSR realized how they took him for a ride.
But they were finished off eventually which was prolonged unnecessarily.
That is the Lesson Central Govt. or Tripura has to take from AP. Finish them completely and wait for 2 years.Then remove AFSPA.

Any link where she says that? Btw, I am happy that you are happy. Hope it will repealed from all the rest NE states. And also hope that militancy will not be revived again!!

Arre, how many I will remember? Jo maan me aya likh diya!!

She vowed to keep fasting till AFSPA is removed from entire north east many many years back. Thats the sole motto behind her undittered fasting. I have nothing but respect for the woman. Although till each & every militant org in NE leave theirs arms I am against completely withdrawing AFSPA.

Good opportunity for us to give India befitting reply in that region now and Irom will go back to fast(I feel sad for this lady). Oh my God, so many options. :dance3:

FYI the problem we have with most north eastern states stems from the fact that non resident migrants [read as Islamic bangladeshi pole vaulters] skew up the local demographics of the region. A north eastern banned terrorist organisation recently butchered an entire village populated by illegal islamic migrants in Tripura. What do you think is going to become to you "bharey key tattu" jihadis?

The Indian Army will drink chai and watch the fun. :D

FYI the problem we have with most north eastern states stems from the fact that non resident migrants [read as Islamic bangladeshi pole vaulters] skew up the local demographics of the region. A north eastern banned terrorist organisation recently butchered an entire village populated by illegal islamic migrants in Tripura. What do you think is going to become to you "bharey key tattu" jihadis?

The Indian Army will drink chai and watch the fun. :D

Most of the bodo ulfa and other liberation front leaders are Hindus.

Werent some Pakistanis here shouting that they should fund North East insurgency as a payback, haha, seems they just got bankrupt while trying to compete with us.

As I am from Tripura,i can tell you we don't have any problem with AFSA.infact govt of tripura wanted to extend AFSA for imported terrorist from Bangladesh.

Zero terrorist activity for almost 5 years

That's great to hear..

Pakistan never had any strategic depth there. for that matter Pakistan hardly has any strategic depth anywhere nowadays.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom