What's new

Tried my first south indian food

Yes very true MTR next to lalbaugh gate...But issue is long q...Even there foreigners are also waiting in q....At Bangalore brahmins cafe is also well known.

Vidyarthi Bhavan anytime... Not a big fan of MTR.

People talk about south indian food(breakfasts) being light , what a laugh !!!!!! I am married to a south Indian , we have idli dosa almost ever day , and i tend to over eat (my fault:D) but its so damn tasty i end up eating 8-10 dosas or 8 idlis. On the other hand i would have been satisfied with only 3-4 alu parathas. . i blame the sambar for my gluttony .:angel:

Dude... 3-4 alu parathas??? Thats like 20 idlys atleast. I'd usually done with 1 Alu paratha... can strech it to 1.5.

For me this simple stuff is mouth watering and fulfilling - Visited India after 3 years for a week in June and the first thing I had after I flew to Chennai.

Ok, you're welcome to taste those dosa delicacies at my place in Tamil Nadu - the birthplace of the dosa! And this is what I'll make you taste - the paper dosa!!! Here....

paper_masala.jpg

Four bl00dy feet long!!!!!! :woot: And tasty as hell!
biscuits-50.gif

wht da hell is this?
smileys-scare-861807.gif

do they eat it or just make da guy hold it as decoration piece next to guests in a resturant?:what:

Wo shayad set dosa hain Marsha. :D

a dessert?

As a pakistani I had never tried south indian food, but today we went to a south indian restaurant. I had idli/dosa for the first time, also had a thali meal. It was good.

Have other pakistanis here ever tried south indian food?

some pics:

idli_sambar.jpg

masala-idli.jpg

south-indian-thali.jpg

Madurai-Hyderabadi-Veg-Thali.jpg

sada%20dosa.JPG

thali2.jpg

oh god itny thori biryani:lol: we hav like 70 of da same sized bowl quantity of biryani in meal in pak :P @Aka123

Na na :no:. It's proper food... U know Dosa ? South Indian food ? :)

no i dont!!! what is it made of?

Last edited by a moderator:
oh god itny thori biryani:lol: we hav like 70 of da same sized bowl quantity of biryani in meal in pak :P @Aka123

I think.... rice, chawal.... Not sure yaar.... :) you can ask South Indian members here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

oh like a pori in hulwa pori here:police:

I think.... rice, chawal.... Not sure yaar.... :) you can ask South Indian members here. :)

oh i forgot ur a martian :P

It is made of a mix of rice and Ural dhal in a 2:1 proportion, soaked and grounded to a paste and allowed to ferment overnight before taking the batter and preparing kind of like crepes.

oh like a pori in hulwa pori here:police:

Pori or we call it Poori is more fried whereas Parottas are prepared on Tawa - see the link posted above - it has a slideshow of how they make it.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities.../article4804190.ece?ref=slideshow#im-image-11

It is made of a mix of rice and Ural dhal in a 2:1 proportion, soaked and grounded to a paste and allowed to ferment overnight before taking the batter and preparing kind of like crepes.

Pori or we call it Poori is more fried whereas Parottas are prepared on Tawa - see the link posted above - it has a slideshow of how they make it.

Chennai, kadhai, kaapi - Barotta - The Hindu

used as a appetizer? ... sounds different but intrestin!

Back
Top Bottom