What's new

Tree farming - in China

Dandpatta

Reaction score
Country
India
Requesting Chinese members with knowledge on tree farming.
Many expressways / roads / streets in China have a uniform plantation of trees , with uniform heights.
It certainly suggests that :-

1) Seed to sapling growth is done in nurseries on farm fields across China
2) Sapling growth to young plant growth is also done in nurseries / open spaces in China
3) Young plants are then transferred to close cluster gardens or transplanted on public areas.
4) These are then again transplanted on expressways - using heavy duty trucks and cranes.

The latest such exercise I have seen happen is from Wenzhou Airport towards Ruian .

My point of posting this thread is :-
a) Could anyone point me to any organisation / govt. department that regulates this (tree farming/transplanting) industry
b) Would anyone also inform which areas in China are designated for tree farms.

Anticipating anwers to this post - as there is a lot to learn from the Chinese ESPECIALLY in the tree transplanting industry. Replies highly appreciated.

Thanks

Thats interesting subject.

It is indeed. I have seen greening of China very observantly and this is one thing that strikes. Once barren hills of Guangzhou were exposed to the elements. Then they started "tree farming" on these hills. Soon, many 1-2 year trees were then transplanted on "rotation" basis. Such young trees were then transferred to expressways and the vacant spaces on the hills were again utilised for new saplings.

This industry has a HUGE potential in the coming years for anyone who wants to put his/her money . You don't need acres of land for this. Just starting from a small spot can do wonders.

really insightful observation, i just made a little homework over this topic.
in china, all way-side trees, forests are supervised by the ministry of transportation. and railway trees were by ministry of railway and now are also by the ministry of transportation.
this is a national policy that both sides of national roads, highways, railways should be guarded by lines of trees.
according to a latest document released by the ministry of transportation in 2012, 60% road sides and 80% railway sides had been covered by trees, and the document asked all related gov. departments should make extra afford to let 100% road and railway sides covered at last.

There are many green farming companies in China, about 18000 green companies until 2013, 250billion Yuan(40billion $) sales in 2013
1c6f656a20c5102abec320.jpg

just as such companies:
http://www.mengcao.com/Panorama.aspx?m=20130725133126607063
蒙草抗旱内蒙古和信园蒙草抗旱绿化股份有限公司
20140526102232577.jpg

23qegsgrtghtrh.jpg

2400868_153027864114_2.jpg

green farming:

4335597415e5ce52a9caba398fdbb5c3.jpg

20091113103433152.jpg

Last edited:
Back