Train Accident near Gujrawala

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Bogies of special train fall into stream after bridge collapse near Gujranwala
DAWN.COM | IQBAL MIRZA — PUBLISHED 29 minutes ago

GUJRANWALA: Two bogies of a special train fell into a stream and two others were derailed as the railway bridge collapsed on Thursday.

A relief train, carrying technical and medical staff, has been sent to the spot from Lahore, while two helicopters and other rescue teams have started relief operations.

According to government officials, as many as 80 affected passengers have been rescued. Injured passengers have been shifted to the Combined Military Hospital (CMH), Gujranwala.

The special train was heading to Kharian from Pano Aqil.

Local residents, divers and army personnel have been engaged in rescue operations.

All railway traffic has been disrupted on the route.

The pre-partition bridge was reportedly in dilapidated condition.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has expressed concern on the train accident in Gujranwala. He directed to mobilize all resources to rescue the injured and restoration of the track.

I hope the passengers are okay and there are no casualties.

Which unit was moving in this train?

55950eb28488e.jpg

55950d681ddf5.jpg

Railway track and bridges is in bad shape now.... same incident happend in Sukkur the bridge collapsed near Rorhi Station

Why surprised? There are hundreds of such railway related bridges, signals, machineries, equipments, structures, and buildings.

I am not surprised. I am just pointing out the direction that the investigation should take, but won't.

The stream of water below, looks like recent rainfall. Probably that may have weakened the bridge.

I hope loss of lives and property are minimal.

The unit was 107 engrs ex 16 div, can anyone confirm?

The stream of water below, looks like recent rainfall. Probably that may have weakened the bridge.

I hope loss of lives and property are minimal.

That is the Lower Chenab Canal, not a stream.

''Our Government inherited the bridge in this state''..... will be the only reassuring statement by the railway minister.

Casualty figures will increase, officers bogie went inside the water.

i dont know when these dick heads like nawaz sharif will invest on these obsolete railway bridges made by Britishers 150 years back ... ye salay Metro bus se bahir dekhain gy tou kuch karen gy :mad:

Update: Initial investigation, Railway Bridge collapsed. 12 Shaheed confirmed, including Commanding Officer, Lt. Col Amir, His Wife and 2 Kids. 8 bodies found. Rescue continues
Main body (unit) of the Army Engineers Battalion was moving/shifting of troops & equipment from Pano Aqil to Kharian Cantt.

Back
Top Bottom