What's new

Tory leadership race for new PM all posts.

Good to see Indians rising to influential positions. Good job RAW. :D

Not all Indians in the UK follow the India Pakistan rivalry. I hate Rishi but Priti seems ok, she can be a better leader, plus in the UK Muslims include Pakistanis, Indian, Bangali, Somalian, Sudanese, Turkish, Syrian. In certain areas Pakistanis and Indians stick together.

Not all Indians in the UK follow the India Pakistan rivalry. I hate Rishi but Priti seems ok, she can be a better leader, plus in the UK Muslims include Pakistanis, Indian, Bangali, Somalian, Sudanese, Turkish, Syrian. In certain areas Pakistanis and Indians stick together.

I noted UK Indians are quite disdainful about India, if not resentful.

Members may not know the next leader is elected by ordinary "Members" of the conservative party.

That said a few of those who will not make the cut:

Sajid Javed
= far too honest and has been seen as a safe pair of hands by three conservative PMs - unlikely to make it to the finals as lacks public appeal.

Nadhim Zahawi = current chancellor - sleazy - recently been investigated by the tax office for inaccuracies in his tax returns - one of the least likely to be selected.

Rehman Christi = Relatively unknown outside the Tory Party and his constituency, Rehman Chishti is currently a minister at the Foreign Office.

Priti Patel = has a strong support base among hardcore conservative MPs, recently underfire for alleged bullying of civil servants and disliked by the public in largely swing vote and red wall community due to her strong anti-immigration, pro Brexit stance.

Kemi Badenoch = the only black PM candidate in this round, she doesn't have a large supporter base among MPs.

Suella Braverman = Pro Brexit, has support in the south of England.

Grant Shapps = transport secretary, presently not enough support to be notable in the upcoming contest.
---

I hope Liz Truss become British PM

View attachment 860509
Please no - 🤣. Tell me you know nothing about British politics without telling me you know nothing about British Politics.

Liz Truss has Margret Thatcher syndrome and is not among the top 3.

Members may not know the next leader is elected by ordinary "Members" of the conservative party.

That said a few of those who will not make the cut:

Sajid Javed
= far too honest and has been seen as a safe pair of hands by three conservative PMs - unlikely to make it to the finals as lacks public appeal.

Nadhim Zahawi = current chancellor - sleazy - recently been investigated by the tax office for inaccuracies in his tax returns - one of the least likely to be selected.

Rehman Christi = Relatively unknown outside the Tory Party and his constituency, Rehman Chishti is currently a minister at the Foreign Office.

Priti Patel = has a strong support base among hardcore conservative MPs, recently underfire for alleged bullying of civil servants and disliked by the public in largely swing vote and red wall community due to her strong anti-immigration, pro Brexit stance.

Kemi Badenoch = the only black PM candidate in this round, she doesn't have a large supporter base among MPs.

Suella Braverman = Pro Brexit, has support in the south of England.

Grant Shapps = transport secretary, presently not enough support to be notable in the upcoming contest.
---
Most knowledgeable and balanced post in this entire thread. It looks like Penny Mourdant is taking the lead in the leadership race with Kemi Badenoch taking second place from Rishi Sunak who is now third most likely candidate.

Expect Sajid Javed to rise a few spots but he's just too honest for this gig.

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-lea...-shapps-12593360?postid=4149373#liveblog-body

Looks like its a two horse race between Rishi Sunak and Penny Morduant.
1657730266649.png

I want Sunak to win just for the memes on how we have used uno reverse card on the British :lol:

Penny will win!
My money is on Penny, purely because out of the entire shower, she is the only one who has stated her policies clearly. That said, I will be interested to see what Lib and Lab do come General Election time. I think Labour will form a coalition government with labour, tried and tested formula after every tory government is removed from power, with the exception of Blair's "New Labour" days.

I want Sunak to win just for the memes on how we have used uno reverse card on the British :lol:
Would be nice for the UK to have a person of colour as PM, but sadly Rishi keeping his green card a secret whilst working as Chancellor and not declaring his earnings by using an off-shore holding account have hurt his image with the voters, some tactical voting will take place on Thursday, I am willing to bet Penny or Liz Truss will replace Sunak.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom