What's new

Tore my ankle ligaments....Help

hehehe.....
had a grade 2 sprain last summer,,,,hurts like a bitch,doesnt it..... :p:
nothing much can be done.......pop pills,lay back n relax........

hehehe.....
had a grade 2 sprain last summer,,,,hurts like a bitch,doesnt it..... :p:
nothing much can be done.......pop pills,lay back n relax........

Yeah man it hurts like a mofo, even when moved slightly, my darn cast seems to be tight as well.....:hitwall:

Takhna

Confirmed

Thanks mate, its a good thing my Urdu teacher is not around to see this because if she did she would bow her head in shame.....:woot:

Thanks mate, its a good thing my Urdu teacher is not around to see this because if she did she would bow her head in shame.....
Yeah sometimes I also forget some words while typing on computer in my office. Hum log to angreji par itna zoor dety han k fair assi apni madri zuban nu hi pul jany aan!! :agree: :yes4:

Torn ligaments dont get fixed overnight! Best you can do is either heat or cold treatment...

I think Pakistanis phoonk martay hain...I remember my cousin fell and his mom was blowing her dupatta and heating the area...while Westerners put loads of ice! That is usually not for a torn ligament but more for over stretched muscles...

Anyway, lots of heat (hence the plaster) should help and also avoid too much strain on the already broken ankle!!

Grade 1 There is damage to a few collagen fibres, producing a local inflammatory response. This is characterised by pain over the affected ligament.

Grade 2 There is damage to a more extensive number of collagen fibres. This produces a more marked inflammatory response characterised by intense pain and joint effusion (swelling).

Grade 3 The damage to collagen fibres is such that there is a complete rupture of the ligament. This produces intense pain, joint effusion and marked joint instability. Surgery may be necessary to restore joint stability.

As with other soft tissue injuries, ligament healing consists of inflammation followed by repair and then remodelling.

Inflammatory Phase
The inflammatory phase follows trauma to collagen fibres and lasts for 3-5 days, depending on the severity of the injury. Chemicals are released which produce pain, and there is bleeding in the tissues. This, together with fluid from damaged cells, produces swelling within the joint, putting pressure on nerve endings and causing more pain.

Rehabilitation time can be greatly reduced by appropriate treatment in this acute stage. This consists of protecting the injured part from further damage (e.g. the use of crutches), rest from activity involving the injured part, ice (never apply ice directly to the skin), compression, elevation and the administration of anti-inflammatory medication.

Repair Phase
The repair phase is mediated by blood clotting over the damaged tissue. Blood platelets form a mesh to initiate healing. Also present in the blood clot are fibroblast cells, which proliferate and begin to lay down Type 3 (immature) collagen tissue, between 3-21 days after the injury. The use ofelectrotherapy in this phase has been shown to encourage fibroblast activity that ultimately provides a structurally stronger ligament.

Remodelling Phase
The remodelling phase follows the repair phase and can last for up to a year. It involves maturation of collagen tissue from Type 3 to Type 1 and realignment of collagen tissue. When it is first laid down, the collagen tissue is haphazard and does not possess a lot of tensile strength. The ligament gradually becomes stronger through being subjected to controlled strain in a functional pattern, which aligns the fibres in a longitudinal fashion. Physiotherapy, in the form of controlled exercises progressing to functional activity, aid this process of remodelling.

Because the remodelling phase lasts for up to a year, there is a potential weakness in the ligament and a risk of re-injury. This risk is reduced by providing additional stability with a strapping, increasing the strength of muscles which also provide support to the joint, and by doing proprioceptive exercises to increase the patient's sense of joint positioning.

Early medical treatment for ligament injury may include, but is not limited to, the following:

• Rest

• Ice pack application (to reduce swelling that occurs within hours of the injury)

• Compression (from an elastic bandage or brace)

• Elevation

• Pain relievers

A ligament tear may be treated with the following:

• Muscle-strengthening exercises

• Protective knee brace (for use during exercise)

• Activity limitations
It is important not to put any weight on the ankle until after it's been evaluated by a doctor, which should be done as soon as possible. Fractures and sprains that are ignored or aren't treated properly can lead to long-term chronic problems with the ankle, such as repeated injury, ankle weakness, and arthritis.

Above stuff is from 3-4 websites! Get well soon!

it took me a month,,,thik ho jaega.......pao kis taraf mura tha??
well when I fell my weight came on the ankle and it twisted to the inside, rupturing the ligaments present on the outside of the ankle, it didnt hurt much at the time but after the game ended I wouldnt put any weight on it and went to the hospital directly.....

Torn ligaments dont get fixed overnight! Best you can do is either heat or cold treatment...

I think Pakistanis phoonk martay hain...I remember my cousin fell and his mom was blowing her dupatta and heating the area...while Westerners put loads of ice! That is usually not for a torn ligament but more for over stretched muscles...

Anyway, lots of heat (hence the plaster) should help and also avoid too much strain on the already broken ankle!!

Early medical treatment for ligament injury may include, but is not limited to, the following:

• Rest

• Ice pack application (to reduce swelling that occurs within hours of the injury)

• Compression (from an elastic bandage or brace)

• Elevation

• Pain relievers
A ligament tear may be treated with the following:

• Muscle-strengthening exercises

• Protective knee brace (for use during exercise)

• Activity limitations
It is important not to put any weight on the ankle until after it's been evaluated by a doctor, which should be done as soon as possible. Fractures and sprains that are ignored or aren't treated properly can lead to long-term chronic problems with the ankle, such as repeated injury, ankle weakness, and arthritis.

Above stuff is from 3-4 websites! Get well soon!

Thanks for the wish and for the response, I hope it gets better soon, just one day in bed has driven me crazy....:cray:

Last edited:
well when I fell my weight came on the ankle and it twisted to the inside, rupturing the ligaments present on the outside of the ankle, it didnt hurt much at the time but after the game ended I wouldnt put any weight on it and went to the hospital directly.....
Last year, when I bump into the fast motorcycle, it didn't hurt me at that time. Only I know was something had happened with my wrist. I didn't feel any pain. I was abusing the driver who hit me at that time. But when I reach hospital for treatment, "Oye ethy hath na laa bari dard ho rai aey!!" :lol:

Last year, when I bump into the fast motorcycle, it didn't hurt me at that time. Only I know was something had happened with my wrist. I didn't feel any pain. I was abusing the driver who hit me at that time. But when I reach hospital for treatment, "Oye ethy hath na laa bari dard ho rai aey!!" :lol:

I guess the adrenaline was masking both our pain at the time.....:cheers:

Do something productive...Like sleep :enjoy:

Sleeping helps heal the body ;)

A person can only sleep so much, its really hard when you have a cast suffocating your ankle and your feel like ripping apart the cast because of an awkward itch on your heel or bottom of your foot.....:hitwall:, I never thought I could be so miserable....I hope no one has to experience it

Yeah sometimes I also forget some words while typing on computer in my office. Hum log to angreji par itna zoor dety han k fair assi apni madri zuban nu hi pul jany aan!! :agree: :yes4:

ha yar hum aksar madri zuban bhul jate ha, lekin meri madri zuban to Pushto ha.....:azn:

Last edited:
A person can only sleep so much, its really hard when you have a cast suffocating your ankle and your feel like ripping apart the cast because of an awkward itch on your heel or bottom of your foot.....:hitwall:, I never thought I could be so miserable....I hope no one has to experience it

Ok stay on PDF and chit chat! ;)

Back
Top Bottom