What's new

Top US commander: Burning Quran endangers troops

Because they were protesting an act by a Pastor with congregration of 50 people, I know he is a weirdo.

I am not wild goose chasing, unlike you. I do not give a HOOT in THE HELL about your FORCE.

I m just pointing out the fact people MAKE IT a big deal if it happens in America, but in their own backyard they literally do nothing.. and more over I have not seen any muslims stand up against Flag burning or any other things ..

"Hum Kare to Pyaar Aap Kare to Balatkaar" Logic.. typical!!!

Calm down, its only an on-line discussion.

Don't have much interest on what goes on whose backyard, but on mine I certainly have a keen interest.

Here are some more info about Pastor Terry Jones:

Germany revokes tax exempt status of Church related to Pastor Terry Jones.

There are a lot more info about the Pastor is available on the net.

Back to the topic. The issue is does the Pastor has a right ? Damn straight he has it. BTW he wants to burn thousands of copies of the Holy Quran and not just one.

If he wants to exercise his rights, I say hallelujah !!

About the last sentence of your post, not sure what are you saying, but I do understand its in Hindi, not exactly my forte.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be interesting to know how many Muslims on this forum agree with you.:cheesy:

It is not at all important what an individual Muslim have to say about it... Because Islam is a DEEN and a complete code of life... Rejecting Islam as a DEEN by anyone will not effect Islam in any way to the religion of Islam....
Islam is a Deen and will remain DEEN.

Just like anyone who has a problem with Christianity are taking a risk.
Really...???

Piss Christ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Piss Christ is a 1987 photograph by photographer Andres Serrano. It depicts a small plastic crucifix submerged in a glass of the artist's urine. The piece was a winner of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art's "Awards in the Visual Arts" competition,[1] which is sponsored in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, a United States Government agency that offers support and funding for artistic projects.
Did the Vatican sent a hit squad after Serrano?

Negative. You misunderstood. I am saying if someone is preaching hate against something a lot of people feel is important to them there is a inherent risk involved that some of those people are intolerant enough to hurt this person. (Is that not common sense) If someones mother dies and i go make fun of it that person might just punch me.) Theo Van Gogh took a risk. He had 100% the right to do what he did. He obviously knew the risk he was taking and was fine with it. Alternatively if you look at the south park show the developers took a risk that ended with the broadcasting company becoming afraid and pulling specific episodes.

Thanks for ignoring the rest of my post since you have no answer for it. I am off to watch AC 360 now. This risk taker is on again.
And the fact that van Gogh paid for his right with his life was not missed by ordinary Americans and the Europeans, despite what you may believe from watching Anderson and his out-of-touch company of journalists. And no, van Gogh was not 'fine' with it. No one who know that his life is under threat is 'fine' with it. Talk about trying to put the blame on the victim. Yeah...This is a publicly accessible forum. Thanks for letting the public know that...If he was 'fine' with it, we should not be so shocked that he was murdered in broad daylight for exercising his freedom of speech in his own country.

If these folks read the Quran, they will see that the quotes attributed to violence have all been qualified like "If they come to attack you, THEN kill them". It's almost always in self-defence.

In fact in Islam initially the Muslims considered all acts of violence denied by the religion, even in self-defence, the Quran hadn't been completely revealed. It was just before the Battle of Badr when the Quraysh tribe had attacked Madinah's trade convoy, thats when new instructions were revealed in the Quran that fight to defend yourself and if the enemy backs off, then immediately stop fighting and ensure the safety of the enemy that has stopped fighting.

If they read the Quran, there really is no justification to call it "The devil's word". In letter and in spirit, we Muslims feel, its been revealed as a mercy upon all mankind.

If these folks read the Quran, they will see that the quotes attributed to violence have all been qualified like "If they come to attack you, THEN kill them". It's almost always in self-defence.
I guess criticisms and mockery qualify as 'attack'. That is a 'risk' we have to take.

In fact in Islam initially the Muslims considered all acts of violence denied by the religion, even in self-defence, the Quran hadn't been completely revealed. It was just before the Battle of Badr when the Quraysh tribe had attacked Madinah's trade convoy, thats when new instructions were revealed in the Quran that fight to defend yourself and if the enemy backs off, then immediately stop fighting and ensure the safety of the enemy that has stopped fighting.

If they read the Quran, there really is no justification to call it "The devil's word". In letter and in spirit, we Muslims feel, its been revealed as a mercy upon all mankind.

I don't think discussing merits and message of Quran is an appropriate thing to do in this thread....... If you really really want to discuss that, might be a good idea to start a new thread.

You can see how easily it can degenerate into a religious squabble...... IMO it is best to leave what's in Quran and just focus on topic of proposed burning of Quran by Pastor Jones

Okay, if you acknowledge the risk, why are you complaining?
No one is complaining. And thanks much again for acknowledging there is a risk in exercising our legal rights in our own country.

I guess criticisms and mockery qualify as 'attack'. That is a 'risk' we have to take.
As I said, the in letter and spirit, it means self-defence, there is a real life historic incident, the very first time Islam raised the sword was at the Battle of Badr and it was in self-defence when the Quraysh tribe went attacking the convoy sent by Madinah for trade. Physical attack, they weren't going to say mean things about them.

Gambit, you really make hard to be pro-American, you know that? Most people take what you perceive as anti-American stances because you appear to be so condescending towards others. If you do not believe you are condescending, then you are both rude and ignorant.

I agree with you 100%.

I don't think discussing merits and message of Quran is an appropriate thing to do in this thread....... If you really really want to discuss that, might be a good idea to start a new thread.

You can see how easily it can degenerate into a religious squabble...... IMO it is best to leave what's in Quran and just focus on topic of proposed burning of Quran by Pastor Jones
The argument used by the pastor is that Islam is the devil's incarnate. There are wonderful things mentioned in the Quran related to being thankful to Allah for various things that has been given to us. In fact there are messages of tolerance of each other's religion that will blow your mind away, since they are so modern. For all intents and purposes, fantastic, awe inspiring things ARE there in the Quran.

I fail to see how one can call it the Devil's incarnate after reading some of these awesome words. I have to conclude, they've not read the Quran as its meant to be read except for reading a few quotes out of context.

And the fact that van Gogh paid for his right with his life was not missed by ordinary Americans and the Europeans, despite what you may believe from watching Anderson and his out-of-touch company of journalists. And no, van Gogh was not 'fine' with it. No one who know that his life is under threat is 'fine' with it. Talk about trying to put the blame on the victim. Yeah...This is a publicly accessible forum. Thanks for letting the public know that...If he was 'fine' with it, we should not be so shocked that he was murdered in broad daylight for exercising his freedom of speech in his own country.

Slow down turbo. Would i be better off watching Bill and Glenn and risk brain damage ?

I never put any blame on him. It is sad he was murdered for his views and the one to blame is the murderer. What i am saying that you seem to have trouble getting in that head of yours is he took a risk. If he didn't make the movie he would not have died obviously. What is hard about understanding that. If someone shot someone they usually go to jail or if someone went into a bad neighborhood drunk they might get mugged. Or in his case by him being murdered the reaction was arson attempts on mosques and violent attacks on Muslims.

Van Gogh did not take these very seriously and refused any protection, reportedly telling Ayaan Hirsi Ali: "Nobody kills the village idiot", a term he frequently used to refer to himself.

how american feel bad when their flag is burned in streets of pakistan by radical group and pakistani feel it is democracy as a citizen of the free world american have every right to burn any book they want. before criticizing other we have to look at our self and our country ,although i dont support burning of quran

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom