What's new

Top Ten Muslim Militaries

Can any senior members or mods tell me how to put pics on to my posts. I did upload a pic to post 134 on this thread but its not present anymore ? Sorry its off-topic but i have no clue where to ask technical questions in. Is there a minimum post limit for being able to upload pics?

Well Terkalok is a secret weapon , he is in NBA to win over fans , mind espionage - good work turkey

since our LST have been written off(by fire.RIP KD inderapura),the government are considerng to buy a new MPSS,either LPD or LHD

7d11eb5e385e6c50ad8ebafbe887ac41.jpg

although budget constraint may force us to consider cheaper alternatives:

Makassar class landing platform dock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or

Endurance class landing platform dock ship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

currently malaysian MoD seems to fond to south-korean Dokdo class LHD.it is cheaper than mistral class(french),but can carry more load/helos than chinese type 071.

and it might be too early to say this but acquisition of such vessel(regardless of type and spec) might paved way to establishment of royal malaysian marine corps.
semper fi : D

I see Turkey Iran and Pakistan going up down, but all others are constant.... and second were we talking about top "10" muslim powers?

In my opinion...

1.) Turkiye. coz Turkiye has modern and effective an army and its always ready to fight with it's experience. Turkiye has been fighting with pkk terrorists since 1980 and Greek army(1974) last strike was at 1996 in the aegean sea. even NATO operations in Europe, Africa, Middle-east and Asia. these are perfect experience for an arm to make itself ready, you know. also has 90 nukes and 40 of them for using Turkish air-crafts and the codes of bombs in our generals hands. and even Turkiye has ability to make nuke(s)..The most important subject is Turkiye has been started to produce its own weapons as main BT. UAV's battle ships,Attack heli. etc.. and the member of JSF organizations. Probably, will be member of Euro-fighter organization.

Pakistan. you know everything about Pakistan so Turkiye and Pakistan should be in the same rank.

2. Egypt
3. Saudi Arabia
4. Iran
5. Malaysia
6......... and others...

Hello everyone, Salam,
I've been checking this forum for a while now and finally decided to join in. Sadly, a lot of the information here is more emotions than facts. Especially when it comes to these "rankings" that I see quite often, and especially in this thread. Nearly 3/4s of the lists I've seen are based on very flawed info if any at all while some are nothing but emotions and/or fantasies. The one quoted here is probably the best I've seen but istill needs more research as many better countries have been left out.

5 minutes and nothing to do..
lets join in..and this list's entry has been for nations with a Majority muslim population...not states that have Islamic somewhere in their name
Top ten..
1.Turkey: Has been and still is state of the art, stood as bulwark against the soviets for 50 years. And right now can be termed the best in terms of professionalism amongst states with a Majority population.

2. Iran: Sanctioned, Cutoff, Harassed by multiple threats and fought an eight year long war of attrition and with its air force came out on top. For 30 years played a virtual war with the soviet union and in the 8 years war held off an iraqi military which was supported by multiple superpowers.

3.Egypt: Although it has suffered defeats at the hands of the Israeli's thrice, the fact that it fought with western powers, nearly blew the Israeli air force out of the sky with sams and almost succeeded in defeating the Israeli's save for American help..it deserves this spot. Today the Egyptian military is one of the strongest in the Africa and the middle east.

4.Pakistan: Having fought three declared wars and three proxy wars with its eastern neighbor, and having suffered strategic defeats in all of them. Pakistan would have ranked low if not for the tactical prowess demonstrated by its field commanders and the performance of its Air force against a numerically superior opposition. However, due to constant involvement in the politics of its nation the professionalism of the military was in serious doubt, although the current civil war on militancy has changed that impression and the Pakistani military is again asserting itself as a Professional military force. The thing that actually boosts this list up is Pakistan's performance during the Afghan war, having provided logistical and strategic support to the Mujaheddin, it can be assumed that if not for Pakistan the afghan jihad would have had very difficult times. And if not completely, partially Pakistan's armed forces are responsible for the downfall of a superpower. This has led to me ranking it higher than I would have.

5.Saudi Arabia: The Saudi's have come this high simply because they have the sheer finances to afford top range equipment. But their record of using this equipment has been far from exemplary. Consider the Saudi Air force tornado force which is the largest outside Europe yet has a higher attrition rate than two users of the airframe combined. Also the Saudi's have never fought on their own, usually assisted by a foreign manpower their combat effectiveness cannot be graded. Having fought with yemeni tribal hordes in the 60's and in the 90's with Iraq. The Saudi's will in ten years possess one of the best air forces in the world in terms of equipment. Which earns them this spot.

6.United Arab Emirates: Rising out of oil and tourism the UAE military has been expanding with exponential growth rates. With the greatest proportion of High tech equipment per man power second only to Israel it has the potential to be a power to be reckoned with. However, it has seldom seen conflict and its manpower is derived from friendly countries.

7.Syria: Having fought and lost all conflicts with Israel, the Syrians should be lower.. however.. their covert and overt support of hezabollah and the headache it is to Israel allots them a higher position in the list.

8.Jordan: Having fought the Israeli's in 67.. the Jordanians deserve credit for having maintained the least casualties in conflicts.

9.Indonesia: With a spread out area, Indonesia prepares for initial defeat, but with its focus on heavy guerrilla warfare. combined with the geography of its landmass. Also, due to its doctrine of civil military defense. Indonesia could very well have the worlds largest reserves with every person obliged under law to report for conscription at the time of war.

10. Having been at the forefront previously in African Peace keeping regiments, the Nigerian military has degraded itself. however there is a new force emerging from within and reports say the Nigerian military is regaining its lost edge thanks to foreign help.

In case you wish for an Islamic republic sort of list.. umm.. I'm not interested.

Another thing I need to point out is that Nuclear weapons don't determine a countries strength as the only real time any country can use them as when they have the world community on their side. Which will never happened (thankfully). Remember that the only country to use nukes was the US and it was more of a sneak attack while not knowing the full effect of the weapons.

In other words, it is very hard today for any country to use nukes since the entire world will turn against it regardless of who it is. especially smaller countries like Pakistan, N Korea and India (in this case, smaller politically). Nuclear weapons wreck havoc on the user more than the used-on. Especially when it comes to countries like Pakistan and N Korea. It's suicide for them to use nukes.

Examine the following Militaries

Sure...let's do that.

Indonesia 2/10
Lot of People, Soldiers – only 7-8 modern fighters. Any advantage the army will have the weak air force will nullify that advantage in battle.

No navy so cannot effect global politics.

What are you talking about? The Indonesian air force has 114 combat aircraft. It's true that only 17 are "front line" air superiority fighters but the rest are still very capable. Their Skyhawks and TigerIIs are just as capable as Pakistan's "second line" fighters like the F-7s, A-5s and Mirages.

As for the Navy, it has the second largest Muslim Navy after Turkey! They have 136 ships! while Pakistan has only 33.

The Army is very large and suited for its terrain. They have 625,000 fully mobilized while not including the whole population mobilization thing. They also have 375 tanks (mostly light) suited for their mountainous country.

Egypt 5.5/10
195 F16 planes give the Egyptians a decent Airforce

They also have other support aricrafts from China/France/USA/Russia
I guess they don't fully trust anyone , but how can you when Israel humiliated you in 7 days and took out all your fighters.

The egyptians are also suppose to get hawk eyes awacs from USA in future

Egypt has used Spy Settelites, and it also has 300,000 soldiers -400,000 soliders

Egyptian army lacked behind other armies with their tanks , and no appropriate missile program. After the Gulf war they tried to change their tanks , and upgraded some but their main battle tanks are still not worthy enough or in numbers.

Also the lack alot of other fancy technology that other armies enjoy like Pakistan/Turkey. They also have not produced anything of their own

Egypt has over 586 combat aircraft and 149 combat helicopters. It has more Generation-4 aircraft than any other muslim country except Turkey. With, 195 F-16s + 24 on order and 19 Mirage 2000s as their "front line" fighters, making that air force very formidable.

Egypt hasn't "used" spy satallites. It owns 2 of them.

It's funny when you say that Egypt is lacking behind other armies in their tanks considering the have nearly 4000 tanks with over 1000 M1A1 Abrams, 1700 M60A3 and "a few" soviet tanks (1160).

I'm not sure what you mean by missile system. I guess you mean Missile artillary. They have plenty of medium and short range missles. With Nodong (1500 km) being their most advanced.

Also, the Egyptian navy has 93 ships and is one of the largest in the Mediterranean.

Also, Egypt has long produced it's one lower tier equipment since the 50s. Egypt also has made a fighter prototype in the 60s, the HA-300 but never went into production due to budget constraints.

Libya 2.5/10
Libya has no air force, so it cannot protect its armies. In real battle the modern adversary would knock out their army ruthlessly in 6-7 days

They are suppose to get 44 new fighters (Russian/Euro/French) , and also suppose to get 30 or so helicopters , which would improve the sorry state of this military

They do have money to burn and its possible they could get 100-200 new generation planes with in 10 years in their inventory but they are extremely behind egypt has got all american love and they were left with nothing

lol @ no airforce. The Libyan air force is just as capable as the Iranian one with the exception of the Iranian MIG-29s. They have over 200 combat aircraft.

Turkey 7.5/10

They have a good airforce 200 F16 fighters

They will get 50+ new F16 planes more
They will geF-35A , they will get 116 of these babies from USA

After that they can be considered as a top Muslim Airforce.

They have 150 or so old 60/70’s planes in back up roles

They have 3000-3500 air to air missiles
They also have 3000-3500 air to ground missile

The sheer number of these missiles allows the Turkish air force to take out a lot of air planes in a battle
They have 1 lakh soldiers second largest in Europe.

They are doing all F16 Upgrades and Developing new ones

In a nut shell, Turkey has the strongest Mulsim military and one of the strongest in the world. It's true they don't have WMDs but that isn't really needed in a conventional war unless u wanna get nuked in return.

Last edited:
we are talking about over all strenght in this way it is...

1 Pakistan (740,000 active solders which makes Pakistan 6th largest army in the world & 2nd best trained army in the world, world no 3 Commando force SSG, one of the best Nuclear Missile system as well as Nukes)
2 Turkey
3 Iran:pakistan:

we are talking about over all strenght in this way it is...

1 Pakistan (740,000 active solders which makes Pakistan 6th largest army in the world & 2nd best trained army in the world, world no 3 Commando force SSG, one of the best Nuclear Missile system as well as Nukes)
2 Turkey
3 Iran:pakistan:

*facepalm*

There's so much stupid in this forum.

UAE has got one hell of a air force,70 Mirage 2000-9s, 60 F-16Block 60s and 60 odd Rafales are coming and if i m not wrong they are also going for P-8I, CH-47C/D Chinook, AS.365N3 Dauphin II, AS.550C3 Fennec, Agusta Westland AW139, EC 155B1, AH-64A Apache, Cessna 208B Grand Caravan II & in missiles HARM missiles, AIM-120C, AIM-9M, Harpoons and MICA AAM, this is one hell of a air force considering size of UAE & once 60 odd Rafales come UAE air force can ROCK

Yeah, they will keep them in Dubai Mall, for kids entertainment OR might use them on Shaikh's hunting expedition's. :smitten:

turkey and pakistan stand at 1 position
in some aspect turkey is better then pak and in some pak is better then turkey
like when it come to air force turkey is better
when it come army pak is better because having own 600+ al khalid and al khalid I and Al khalid II in development.
navy is same almost.

bt i respect Turkey very much so this is my list

1-turkey
2-pakistan
3-iran
4-saudi arabia
5-egypt

my top 5 list

Conventional-Turkey first place
Nuclear-Pakistan first place

3rd i would say Egypt or Iran.

I would break them all down but i am too lazy :rofl:

Conventional-Turkey first place
Nuclear-Pakistan first place

I agree with this but I would put Jordan as third with Egypt just behind them.

That is trying to balance and evaluation of quality, capability, size, and how fit are they to handle their own country's unique security threat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom