What's new

Top military spenders in 2014

dont listen to this BS that america is cutting spending, together with NSA they spent something like over 1 trillion dollars on warfare on land, sea, air, space and cyberspace

I think that the younger Chinese here are too hot blooded for a fight. I say if Chinese want to fight a war, be prepared to fight all eight scumbag powers at once or delay until the country is ready to do so. The last 2 times China had to fight the world the country suffered. This generation is for building prosperity and stability, not war. The next generation will then have plenty of money and sons for war.
No. I don't believe we will lose a war ever again, for the simple fact of MAD. But I agree with you that we are not ready to fight a multi-front war at the moment. We will need at least 10 years to sharpen our technological development, modernized our army, stabilize the economy, and gaining experience. But 1% of GDP is very conservative number. In time of war, the budget for military spending will increase anyway so I am not that worry as our other compatriots.

I wish we had our own Dick Cheney.

You wish we has our own dick cheney so China can indulge in pointless military expeditions thousands of miles away and suffer thousands of casualties and billions of dollars in war costs. WTF?

dont listen to this BS that america is cutting spending, together with NSA they spent something like over 1 trillion dollars on warfare on land, sea, air, space and cyberspace

I heard it was about 50 trillion $,most of them being stolen from russian chease makers .:dance3::partay:

Nah,6% is far from enough.With this rate,we have no chance to get diaoyudao and SCS islands back.What's more worse is the militant spirit of chinese would fade soon,we would be a wealthy but patheticly weak country like shameless Song dynasty.

Blah blah blah, I really hate some hawkish Chinese members here and I am sure they are not representative of common Chinese. As said above, when you only have one child, it would be disastrous to the family if that one child dies in battle.

Oh, btw, I would rather be a commoner in Song Dynasty than a mongol warrior riding all over the world like savage. Thank you very much. The Song created splendid culture and civic life while the Mongols only broght destruction of civilizations to the world, useless scumbags to the humanity. The CCP indoctrination of weak Song created bunch of willing pawns while their darling are living luxurious life in some rich western countries. I hope some of you here will fight a war for those red darlings.

Coward mentality.Countries which have such mentarity deserve to be bullied and looked down.Just like deers deserve to be eaten by wolves,it's the basic law of the great nature.

This is what historical revisionism does to your brains. The Song were not militarily weak. It took the Mongols forty years, and soldiers from all over their Empire to conquer the Song. The Mongols overran all the other countries in Central Asia, the middle east, Russia, eastern Europe, northern China BEFORE using conscripts from all those regions to attack the Song.

The current generation of Chinese are extremely ill suited to fight a war. With the one child policy, the death of any single soldier will be the death blow to their family line. I dont doubt the fighting capabilities of today's Chinese soldiers but it must weigh heavily on every single one the hardship to their families should they die in war.

With the relaxation of the one child policy and the economic gains in the future, future generations will have much more resources at hand to fight a war as well as siblings to continue the family name should they die.
For now, just hold the enemy at bay and stall - Deng Xiao Pings doctrine is still relevant. The next generation of Chinese can fight the world should they want to.

The PLA recruits understood what they signed up for as the families should know, the PLA has many programs with dealing these kinds of behaviors. However China isn't going to fight wars anytime soon. With the current relaxation of the OCP and possibly scrapping all birth control policies by 2020 government will start encouraging more people to have children. Our military modernization will be complete by 2020-2025.

If you don't want to fight a war then you must have sufficient military deterrence.

To have sufficient deterrence you need a lot of money to build those advanced weapons and in great numbers.

If you have a weak military, others will challenge you and be forced to actually fight.

No wars will be fought anytime soon. Our neighbors are weaker than of us it's not the 1990's anymore where countries like Vietnam had more advance military. 2020-2025 PLA will be fully modernized.

On topic PLA military budget is way more than government sources indicate.

This is utterly pathetic by our leaders.

We spend far too little on military.

We need to spend 5% of GDP on military.

We need military hawks in power otherwise we will weaken as a military power.

Military spending should be given first priority.

Maybe it is 5% of the actual GDP.

With Chinese stats who knows!

People like him are the biggest threat to China. Liberal Chinese want to make sure China remains weak.

People like him was the reason we had to endure the 'century of humiliation'.

China became weak because of liberals? Are you out of mind or you never went to school? I am sure Dawager Cixi was no liberal by all definitions, but she would rather spent silvers on building gardens, maintaining the dying dynasty within Manchu savages' hands, than on liberating the political systems and learning technologies from the world. The Ming Dynasty was already using firearms extensively while the Qing army reverted back to swords like their barbarian forefathers.

Technology and science are the backbones of modern warfare, which can only be developed with education and innovation. Sabre wielding teens like you will never win China any wars. How the defense money is spent or "wasted" is more important than how much the defence budget is.

China became weak because of liberals? Are you out of mind or you never went to school? I am sure Dawager Cixi was no liberal by all definitions, but she would rather spent silvers on building gardens, maintaining the dying dynasty within Manchu savages' hands, than on liberating the political systems and learning technologies from the world. The Ming Dynasty was already using firearms extensively while the Qing army reverted back to swords like their barbarian forefathers.

Technology and science are the backbones of modern warfare, which can only be developed with education and innovation. Sabre wielding teens like you will never win China any wars. How the defense money is spent or "wasted" is more important than how much the defence budget is.

This is wrong. The Qing army modernized and adopted new military technology, the Qing army was armed with Mauser rifles, Krupp cannons, ironclad steamships, they lost wars because didn't use a centralized army but several regional armies who did not answer to the capital, and the regional commanders would refused to obey the government. And lets be honest about savages, the only savages during that time came from the western hemisphere...

This is what historical revisionism does to your brains. The Song were not militarily weak. It took the Mongols forty years, and soldiers from all over their Empire to conquer the Song. The Mongols overran all the other countries in Central Asia, the middle east, Russia, eastern Europe, northern China BEFORE using conscripts from all those regions to attack the Song.
So in your mind,vietnam was much more powerful than song,jin,khwalizmi and kiev rus in that time?Come on,The fact is Song is much weaker than Jin,most of time they just hide in their walled castle instead fight mongols outside.Even the corrupt jin held a massive campaign in badger mouth.
Song dynasty defintely is one of the weakest dynasty in the whole chinese history .They even got bullied by a small coutry 西夏,that's a big shame.

Surprised to see France ranked so high up on the list. I thought their main weapon of choice was a white flag? :P

So in your mind,vietnam was much more powerful than song,jin,khwalizmi and kiev rus in that time?Come on,The fact is Song is much weaker than Jin,most of time they just hide in their walled castle instead fight mongols outside.Even the corrupt jin held a massive campaign in badger mouth.
Song dynasty defintely is one of the weakest dynasty in the whole chinese history .They even got bullied by a small coutry 西夏,that's a big shame.

Vietnam was ruled by the Chinese Tran dynasty when it defeated the Mongols. The Tran were of Chinese origin from Fujian and a Tran prince personally fought at Bach Dang River.

A History of the Vietnamese - K. W. Taylor - Google Books

Secondary Cities and Urban Networking in the Indian Ocean Realm, C. 1400-1800 - Google Books

Last edited:
I also hate those libtards in China, but i don't think that we should spend on the military like crazy like USSR and USA. This kind of superpowers won't last long.

In my opinion, we should spend no more than 4% of our GDP, so in 2020 with a 20 trillion USD GDP, a 800 billion USD on the military expenditure is sustainable.

I think Xi Jinping is capable to achieve it.

I also hate those libtards in China, but i don't think that we should spend on the military like crazy like USSR and USA. This kind of superpowers won't last long.

In my opinion, we should spend no more than 4% of our GDP, so in 2020 with a 20 trillion USD GDP, a 800 billion USD on the military expenditure is sustainable.

I think Xi Jinping is capable to achieve it.

USA has lasted over a century with a mighty military.

USSR collapsed due to its rigid economy. The reason that the USSR collapsed due to too much spending on military is a complete myth.

Back
Top Bottom