What's new

Top 10 Smart Cities in the World & Hopes For India

Actually, if you exclude few pockets(old city, Koti, Abids, Sec station area etc)Hyderabad is not that bad. Even Kukatpally looks better now after all those MIG and LIG's are replaced with apartments. They should stop giving permits for individual apartment constructions, it should be either group housing or high-rise apartments with larger area.
but within a year these apartments will start looking like castles because there is no regulation, what to hang on Balcony, cloths wires etc... when to white wash, etc. The structures itself look like some Lego Block.

Sorry sir..My mistake.. I was just referring to one of my favourite skyscraper in Mumbai according to this video

.......:-)
Dont be sorry bud,it's an awsome & one of the most beautiful building in Mumbai. It is one my fav building aswell,with world one,&1973 to name a few :)

1)the synchronization requires a lot of infrastructure the influx of traffic leads to high pollution and crowd in the city. No matter how smart the city is the crowd and traffic prevails. Even in Berlin an Paris sometimes it becomes tough to control traffic which leads to jam. Those are less populated countries.

2) The geography of India is different from Europe and Japan and has different climate and high pollution. So if you build a sky scraper it will start looking dull after one year, similarly the signals and overhead flyovers will look muddy due to winds from Thar desert in North India. And humid climate in the peninsular religion. The Smart will become ugly in just 12 months even if maintenance is 24/7. I have seen that in Delhi Metro. The color has totally changed. Looks muddy and kind of old.

Green cities are best suited in India because of the climate. Green cities promise, low pollution, more over the climate will have no effect on the buildings due to the greenery around the infrastructure. It makes sure that it look smart and green through out the year. You can add all the infrastructure, like hotspots, monorail , etc but it should look good also.
Traffic still remains the problem, and that is not due to the roads are not wide enough but there is no proper lane system followed by we Indians.

those are some really valid points sir , i in particular have experienced climate effect on infrastructure . There is a brand new apartment building constructed where i live which looked quite aesthetic at the time of inauguration but within a span of 3 years it looks in a bad shape with all that dust settled .

so a green city has all the goods of smart city plus we intend to dedicate maybe a 5-10% of the piece of land for trees , so that it takes care of dust , add to the beauty and gives us fresh oxygen with reduced levels of pollution .

India's first smart city -
Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT city)
734874_519051274793899_802165638_n.png

Gujarat International Finance Tec-City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No Sir, It's construction is well going.You can see the Wikipedia, It shows completion estimated till 2015
sorry its india tower , construction was halted in 2011
240px-India_Tower_Mumbai.jpg

could have been great to have this beauty in mumbai , i hope all issues are resolved and construction resumes .

sorry its india tower , construction was halted in 2011
240px-India_Tower_Mumbai.jpg

could have been great to have this beauty in mumbai , i hope all issues are resolved and construction resumes .

I also love this tower...A whooping 718m high....:cheers:

Its dead and had been cancelled.
Cancelled....:cry::cry:..Really....:cray:....I thought it is still on hold....Sad news....:(
Thanks for this info Sir...:cheers:

what is a smart city

if you all were ti choose to live in a smart city - what all do y9u expect in a smart city ?

lets begin from here than see wether what govt is developing / proposing fits the bill

too bad , any reasons why

India tower is on hold because of a court case b/w DB Realty and Bombay Municipal Corporation on difference in Premium. The case is currently in Mumbai High Court.

Regardless of the verdict – DB Realty will start construction as gestation period of this project is well beyond current macro economic situation. If DB wins the verdict – the project will be green-lit from day 1. If not, DB would pay the extra premium based on negotiations (out of court) currently underway and restart the work immediately

Source : Tallest Building In India: 700 meters tall Mumbai India Tower in 2016! (126 floors) - Giant Towers

India tower is on hold because of a court case b/w DB Realty and Bombay Municipal Corporation on difference in Premium. The case is currently in Mumbai High Court.

Regardless of the verdict – DB Realty will start construction as gestation period of this project is well beyond current macro economic situation. If DB wins the verdict – the project will be green-lit from day 1. If not, DB would pay the extra premium based on negotiations (out of court) currently underway and restart the work immediately

so it not cancelled yet , good to know that

Back
Top Bottom