What's new

Top 10 Smart Cities in the World & Hopes For India

Wow, This is first time someone tagged me. Thanks for that!

My company is bidding for Smart City project with our PM but not finalized yet. The first thing is that smart city does not mean skscrappers but effective utilization of resources so OP, your first part does not match with other details. Those who want to understand here is link from IBM.

IBM TheSmarterCity - United States

Also, in my opinion India does not need smart city concept for current metros but upgrading at least 10 cities to Metro level.

Your Welcome Sir...Sorry about posting pictures of skyscrapers, I thought it is also a part of smart cities....:p:....:cheers:

but then people need to be smart enough to live in smart city, yahan toh jahilo ke bhi baap hai. Metro mein kutto ki tarah enter karte hai in delhi.

You are right sir, especially in yellow line and red line people jump at the trains like gorillas and don't allow even the exiting passengers to exit safely...Oh My God...:undecided:....When will Indian's change their mentality....:cray:

You are right sir, especially in yellow line and red line people jump at the trains like gorillas and don't allow even the exiting passengers to exit safely...Oh My God...:undecided:....When will Indian's change their mentality....:cray:

you need to use lathi for this. the way britishers controlled. People should not be allowed to do whatever they want, what ever how they act. There should a very strict law enforcement on these bhed bakris in the city.

you need to use lathi for this. the way britishers controlled. People should not be allowed to do whatever they want, what ever how they act. There should a very strict law enforcement on these bhed bakris in the city.

Agree Sir... + Metro stations are dirty and i don't know why people rated Delhi's Metro as 2nd most good metro service...:undecided:

Cancelled....:cry::cry:..Really....:cray:....I thought it is still on hold....Sad news....:(
Thanks for this info Sir...:cheers:
Yes most likely it would be turned into another residential project,hence it would loose some of it's FSI of 6.5 ,it could likely be another supertall over 400mts,though i would be the happiest guy if proven wrong :)

too bad , any reasons why
It's MD and othe board of Directors are 2G accused who were later convicted(legal matters),and poor market+lack of demand for hotels in mumbai put this project on hold.

India's first smart city -
Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT city)
View attachment 148444

Gujarat International Finance Tec-City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I thought Dholera was going to be the first
India's first special investment region to come up in Gujarat | Business Standard News

First definitive steps taken by the gov. towards fulfilling this endeavour.

0.png
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Smart Cities India Expo, Conferences, Exhibitions, Trade Show & Fair Organizers Company in India 2015

Its nice to see India making progress towards building smart cities, which are technologically advance to be par with any modern 1st world city. BUT here is the problem, the weakest link in all the technology driven cities are and always will be HUMANS. Now how can we actually make humans smarter, because at the end of the day that is what matters.
One interesting thing I would like to point out is an example of three cities, London, Doha (Qatar as a whole) and Berlin. All 3 cities are attracting major foreign investment, but Berlin seems to be the only one which did not equate progress with buliding huge empty buildings. When will we as asians start to bring our uniqueness in architecture and thought, for how long will we follow the definitions set by west? After all we do have a rich tradition based around unique construction of iconic buildings.

Back
Top Bottom