What's new

Top 10 Nations in Maths, Sciences & Reading

But I am sure that the total Chinese students were more than 10, from more than 2 schools, as JBond pointed out........
Again I ask you how many succesful people are PISA toppers?? And if PISA toppers are not successful, what's the purpose of this test??
If you think that this score reflects India's best you are mistaken.................Give other schools a chance to participate and we'll( Specifically I) whip your @$$:D

PS.I am 17 and a half year old, Am I eligible?? If yes then I'll try to speak to my school authorities about it............Can some one inform me???

No bro dont waste your time on PISA,TISA, MISA... Continue your studies and be focus on your real aim in life..be successful.. all the best!

let Chinese make PISA their aim of life.. :lol: (dont waste energy on such ridiculous things)

you guys suck!

read the bbc article and plenty of related reports on the internet from reputable sources which have been doing all soul searching for better performance and improvements in the next tests for international academic measurements coming soon this year.

you people can just sit there doing whatever suit you and you will be the next Noble Prize winners. dont do anything and dont even attempt any kind of these "meaningless" tests because the massive failure of india does not reflect india is not shinning but it is just as incredible as usual!

you people can just sit there doing whatever suit you and you will be the next Noble Prize winners. dont do anything and dont even attempt any kind of these "meaningless" tests because the massive failure of india does not reflect india is not shinning but it is just as incredible as usual!

and also ask ur ccp to take these PISA toppers to learn how to make original things on your own (if it works for you). But I think it should have worked over so many decades. confused.! Massive failure of China, everyone in the world sees each moment.

what a shame! that country is bad and worst in many categories of civilized indices and still the biggest braggers!

If Einstein or Newton live like the teenages today, they surely are star achievers. someone is so dumb as to know when the scientific greats live and when the PISA test is conducted. Also the test covered other provinces of China where even the rural kids performed pretty well at the OECD level, way way above the bragging champions.

Yup, let's see the results for 2012!

I usualy have teleconference with the chinese Vendors from Shangdong, Dongying, Tianjin, Beijing, I was suprised to understand that our fellow Chinese counterparts in the field of Pharmaceuticals and Chemical research were unable to communicate with us properly.

The reason being given that Chinese could not understand ENGLISH and our intermediate was a non technical person... Now how a country with so much high ranking and knowledgable scientist (am not making sarcasting statement) could not communicate.... We can understand that indegenous knowledge can be in Chinese for example tradiational Chinese medicine, but what about thoes western medicines.... If they can produce the ones but can not explain about them... It was really very awkward for us...

and also ask ur ccp to take these PISA toppers to learn how to make original things on your own (if it works for you). But I think it should have worked over so many decades. confused.! Massive failure of China, everyone in the world sees each moment.

haha we under CCP are top achievers
you, ahem, is it a democracy? are losers ..wait, bottom of all losers!

I usualy have teleconference with the chinese Vendors from Shangdong, Dongying, Tianjin, Beijing, I was suprised to understand that our fellow Chinese counterparts in the field of Pharmaceuticals and Chemical research were unable to communicate with us properly.

The reason being given that Chinese could not understand ENGLISH and our intermediate was a non technical person... Now how a country with so much high ranking and knowledgable scientist (am not making sarcasting statement) could not communicate.... We can understand that indegenous knowledge can be in Chinese for example tradiational Chinese medicine, but what about thoes western medicines.... If they can produce the ones but can not explain about them... It was really very awkward for us...

india's fragmented language wont get you anywhere so you have english which is important for communication but it is not always the most decisive factor for success

Our Tiangong I and the launching vehicles dont speak English!

haha we under CCP are top achievers
you, ahem, is it a democracy? are losers ..wait, bottom of all losers!
ccp got one more point to SHOWCASE to its billions to prove its legitimacy. congrats. :lol:
ccp needs to prove its legitimacy using such things.

The average Indian child taking part in PISA2009+ is 40 to 50 points behind the worst students in the economic superstars. Even the best performers in Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh - the top 5 percent who India will need in science and technology to complete globally - were almost 100 points behind the average child in Singapore and 83 points behind the average Korean - and a staggering 250 points behind the best in the best.

The average child in HP & TN is right at the level of the worst OECD or American students (only 1.5 or 7.5 points ahead). Contrary to President Obama's oft-expressed concerns about American students ability to compete with their Indian counterparts, the average 15-year-old Indian placed in an American school would be among the weakest students in the classroom, says Lant Pritchett of Harvard University. Even the best TN/HP students are 24 points behind the average American 15 year old.

The 2003 TIMSS study ranked India at 46 among 51 countries. Indian students' score was 392 versus average of 467 for the group. These results were contained in a Harvard University report titled "India Shining and Bharat Drowning".

These results are not only a wake-up call for the "India Shining" brigade, but also raise serious questions about the credibility of India's western cheerleaders like Indian-American journalist Fareed Zakaria and New York Times' columnist Tom Friedman.

Haq's Musings: PISA & TIMSS Confirm Low Quality of Indian Education

Dude, you're talking about two undeveloped states compared to developed one.
If you've been to the US, you'd know that Asian and Pakistani and Indian students outclass Americans with ease

We didn't participate. I think it was more prudent not to than to send some kids from a rural school

Wise decision...yet some of your compatriots cannot help themselves from bashing India when their own country is not participating.

Ḥashshāshīn;3220715 said:
Indians are furious that they're not on the list! :P

atleast we have a desire to excel......unlike you guys who post others acheivements and boast about it as if it was your own.....

Student performance on international tests is determined by the quality of education, not nationality.

Haq's Musings: Inquiry-based Learning For Pakistani Children

I think you should read this, current GDP spending on education in Pakistan is just 0.9% of GDP or 0.58% of total budget, do you really think Pakistan can get its nation out of illiteracy and quality education with such a low monetary allocation on education.

Study- DEFENSE AND EDUCATION BUDGET OF PAKISTAN | Media Point

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom