What's new

Top 10 Nations in Maths, Sciences & Reading

Indian students rank near the bottom on PISA, a global test of learning standards conducted in 74 nations this year. TIMSS, another standardized international test, produced similar results earlier in 2003.

PISA%2BIndia%2BBottom.jpg

Haq's Musings: PISA & TIMSS Confirm Low Quality of Indian Education

what a shame! that country is bad and worst in many categories of civilized indices and still the biggest braggers!

If Einstein or Newton live like the teenages today, they surely are star achievers. someone is so dumb as to know when the scientific greats live and when the PISA test is conducted. Also the test covered other provinces of China where even the rural kids performed pretty well at the OECD level, way way above the bragging champions.

Yup, let's see the results for 2012!

So if someone is not going to sit for PISA he loses the right to become next EINSTEIN or NEWTON. Chinese are so funny.

It is hilarious funny chinese are carrying this paper everywhere and trying to assert supremacy. While India is producing Newtons and Einsteins the Chinese are protesting hey u cant do that see its ILLEGAL coz I got PISA score. :lol:

what a shame! that country is bad and worst in many categories of civilized indices and still the biggest braggers!

If Einstein or Newton live like the teenages today, they surely are star achievers. someone is so dumb as to know when the scientific greats live and when the PISA test is conducted. Also the test covered other provinces of China where even the rural kids performed pretty well at the OECD level, way way above the bragging champions.

Yup, let's see the results for 2012!
Did you know that Einstein failed most of his Exams?? So did Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Henry Ford, Soichiro Honda, Charles Darwin, Isaac Newton, Robert Goddard, Robert Sternberg, Thomas Edison, Wilbur and Oliver Wright and many more!!!!
Yet you never see the Name of the PISA topper in a schoolbook!!

Exams do not determine intellectual capability ,as demonstrated by the men I have given you as examples. Rather it is an understanding of a subject which can never be test accurately; to judge that, actions of the person must speak louder than his test results........

Did you know that Einstein failed most of his Exams?? So did Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Henry Ford, Soichiro Honda, Charles Darwin, Isaac Newton, Robert Goddard, Robert Sternberg, Thomas Edison, Wilbur and Oliver Wright and many more!!!!

Exams do not determine intellectual capability ,as demonstrated by the men I have given you as examples. Rather it is an understanding of a subject which can never be test accurately; to judge that, actions of the person must speak louder than his test results........

that is why i wish all the PISA toppers for China and while India produces the kind of personalities in BOLD above!

PISA 2009 has been discussed at least in 10 dedicated threads in PDF. Why don't people search and read the previous discussions before starting it over again?

I know why the trolls for specific countries keep opening threads on the topic.. There are some trolls who have made blogs out of it too..

PISA 2009 has been discussed at least in 10 dedicated threads in PDF. Why don't people search and read the previous discussions before starting it over again?

I know why the trolls for specific countries keep opening threads on the topic.. There are some trolls who have made blogs out of it too..
Funny thing is we're not on the top 10 of that list either and we're making blogs :D

Four Indian states from North (HP), South (TN), East (Orissa) and West (Rajasthan) participated in PISA and TIMSS and all ranked at or near bottom. Do you think that if the most populous and the most backward states of UP, MP and Bihar participated, the results would be any better?

Haq's Musings: PISA & TIMSS Confirm Low Quality of Indian Education
Any like for this claim?

So it was not an all India test. There is no info of how the kids were selected for the test or which schools were targeted. While just Shanghai city was selected from China. Like any other country the best schools in India are located in the metros..not to mention the Doon Schools & ooty Schools. A fair comparison should be b/n Shanghai(China) Vs Mumbai/Delhi(India) vs Newyork(USA) etc.

You are not there because you didn't participated. For India two rural schools with a total of 10 students from Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh Participated.

And you are making blogs and threads out of it because of your obsession!!
I didn't make a single one xD
And biased test is biased though I disagree that students from the Metro are necessarily smarter

then dont brag about your SAT TOEFL blah balh achievers on PDF!

PISA test is an authoritative test! It is highly regarded by all the educators and governments in the world.

whether the high achievers will be destined to be the next lot of scientific geniuses or the bottom losers will be doomed to be begging on the streets is a case remains to be seen in the next one or two decades.

Here is an article from bbc

and an excerpt:

Incredible resilience

The Pisa 2009 tests showed that Shanghai was top of the international education rankings.

But it was unclear whether Shanghai and another chart-topper, Hong Kong, were unrepresentative regional showcases.
The OECD's Andreas Schleicher: "Fairness and relevance are not the same thing"
Mr Schleicher says the unpublished results reveal that pupils in other parts of China are also performing strongly.

"Even in rural areas and in disadvantaged environments, you see a remarkable performance."

In particular, he said the test results showed the "resilience" of pupils to succeed despite tough backgrounds - and the "high levels of equity" between rich and poor pupils.

"Shanghai is an exceptional case - and the results there are close to what I expected. But what surprised me more were the results from poor provinces that came out really well. The levels of resilience are just incredible.

"In China, the idea is so deeply rooted that education is the key to mobility and success."

I didn't make a single one xD
And biased test is biased though I disagree that students from the Metro are necessarily smarter

But they have access to sources like a good public library, internet cafe etc that can make them smarter.

that dont brag about your SAT TOEFL blah balh achievers on PDF!

PISA test is an authoritative test! It is highly regarded by all the educatiors and government in the world.

whether the high achievers will be destined to be the next lot scientific geniuses or the bottom losers will be doomed to be begging on the streets is a case remains to be seen in the next one or two decades.

Here is an article from bbc

and an exercept:
But I am sure that the total Chinese students were more than 10, from more than 2 schools, as JBond pointed out........
Again I ask you how many succesful people are PISA toppers?? And if PISA toppers are not successful, what's the purpose of this test??
If you think that this score reflects India's best you are mistaken.................Give other schools a chance to participate and we'll( Specifically I) whip your @$$:D

PS.I am 17 and a half year old, Am I eligible?? If yes then I'll try to speak to my school authorities about it............Can some one inform me???

But I am sure that the total Chinese students were more than 10, from more than 2 schools, as JBond pointed out........
Again I ask you how many succesful people are PISA toppers?? And if PISA toppers are not successful, what's the purpose of this test??
If you think that this score reflects India's best you are mistaken.................Give other schools a chance to participate and we'll( Specifically I) whip your @$$:D

PS.I am 17 and a half year old, Am I eligible?? If yes then I'll try to speak to my school authorities about it............Can some one inform me???

No bro dont waste your time on PISA,TISA, MISA... Continue your studies and be focus on your real aim in life..be successful.. all the best!

let Chinese make PISA their aim of life.. :lol: (dont waste energy on such ridiculous things)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom