What's new

To Promote Religious Tourism In Pakistan, PM Imran Khan Meets High-Level Delegation Of Buddhist Monk

Brother, why is it difficult for you to accept this, there is nothing wrong in doing so. Just as some Muslim 'rulers' today are unjust (in one way or another), the same was the case in history. Many of these same rulers killed more Muslims than non-Muslims.

Mahmud of Ghaznavi who we revere today; sacked Mansura (in Sindh), the most prominent Muslim city in the entire region and slaughtered it's inhabitants. Prior to that, Mansura was one of the intellectual seats in the Muslim world, compared with the likes of Baghdad, Cairo and Cordoba. Birthing many famed scholars such as Abu Raja Sindhi, Abu Mashar Sindhi, Sind ibn Ali and many more. The native works that were translated here were crucial in fueling the Islamic Golden Age.

Did Aryans really invade India? Do you have any credible sources, I'd like to look into this part of history. Thanks!
There is little evidence of an "invasion", though we definitely know that there was a mass-migration.

Brother, why is it difficult for you to accept this, there is nothing wrong in doing so. Just as some Muslim 'rulers' today are unjust (in one way or another), the same was the case in history. Many of these same rulers killed more Muslims than non-Muslims.

Mahmud of Ghaznavi who we revere today; sacked Mansura (in Sindh), the most prominent Muslim city in the entire region and slaughtered it's inhabitants. Prior to that, Mansura was one of the intellectual seats in the Muslim world, compared with the likes of Baghdad, Cairo and Cordoba. Birthing many famed scholars such as Abu Raja Sindhi, Abu Mashar Sindhi, Sind ibn Ali and many more. The native works that were translated here were crucial in fueling the Islamic Golden Age.

There is little evidence of an "invasion", though we definitely know that there was a mass-migration.
Don't argue with that guy. He is a pain in the butt. Next time I'm not replying any of his texts. Let him moan all he wants.

Would you consider the Shramana movements in and around Magadha a fightback against this Middle-Period Vedicism?
I do not know too much about the non-orthodox movements of North India that arose in this period to make a conclusive statement, however, my personal theory is that they may have arisen as a reactionary movement to Brahmanism.

Even Patanjali around 120 BCE said that the newer Brahmins,from far eastern Gangetic plain,arriving at Taxila to study cannot be real Brahmins as they are as black as sack of beans in the market...So you might be upto something here
There is definitely a 'racial' tone to the caste system, there is no denying this. The higher you are in the caste system, the more Indo-European admixture you have.

upload_2019-11-24_12-55-50.png

The "Ancient Indus Populations" here are Iron-Age samples found in North Pakistan. They most likely belonged to the Vedic Aryans.

I asked for proof of Buddhist persecution. Not for you to tell me a story

To Promote Religious Tourism In Pakistan, PM Imran Khan Meets High-Level Delegation Of Buddhist Monks
The delegation will discuss if KP government can make it possible to establish a school in the name of Monk Maranantha.
By SARA RASHEED On NOV 22, 2019
bds.jpg

A delegation of Buddhist monks, which was headed by Most Venerable Won Haeng, President Jogye Order, is currently visiting Pakistan to explore the country’s religious tourism potential. With the revival of tourism, the visit is also expected to improve cultural ties between Pakistan and Korea.

As part of their visit, the delegation reviewed the safety measures of Korean Buddhist pilgrims. They also evaluated security at Buddhist sites in Pakistan. The delegation will also discuss the measures to preserve Buddhist cultural heritage in the country. With this, the delegation is also expected to meet prominent scholars belonging to Islam, in a bid to promote inter-faith and cultural harmony.

Monk Maranantha Schoool:
During their visit organised by Pakistan Embassy in Seoul in collaboration with the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Korean Embassy in Islamabad, the delegation will discuss if KP government can make it possible to establish a school in the name of Monk Maranantha in Chota Lahore, Swabi, which happens to be his birthplace.

Nov 23, 2019
The delegation met Prime Minister Imran Khan at the PM Office on Wednesday. The core purpose of the visit is to revamp the existing cultural ties between Korea and Pakistan and give them a fresher start.

What are your views on this? Share with us in the comments bar below
This is a great initiative. Hopefully more Buddhists will visit and bring to attention to these historical places of buddhism

Perhaps you should do a bit more research into Mamhud of Ghaznavi... Here is a good book I recommend, and you will see the great things done by Mahmud of Ghaznavi.
"The Life and Times of Sultan Mahmud of Ghazna by Muhammad Nazim" This is by far the best book I read about him, and I think you will like it as well.

There is no denying that there were bad muslim ruler e.g. Alauddin Khiliji, Timur Lane, Shah Ismail, the problem however is whenever I read Indian/hindu/Buddhist opinions, and you were to thereafter ask them "name one Muslim ruler that was good for India or the subcontinent?" they will not give you one that was remotely good and will find negativity about every single one of them, while they will overlook the bad deeds of Hindu/Buddhist rulers like Ashoka, Rajputs etc. This is why I never listen to an Indians opinion about Muslim rulers unless I've done thorough research about them, and I urge that you do the same.

You can explore them today. Indians are welcomed by our people. Just bring positivity and not malice in ur heart and u will find people more than welcoming :)
Visas are easy to get now.

Thanks for warmth exchange.
Visa are not that easy to get especially if its not pilgrimage trip.
Tourists sites are not open to Indians and there is very restricted visa available that to on mercy of consulate.
Been there, tried it...will still keep trying...hoping something sane happens at goverment levels....

Thanks for warmth exchange.
Visa are not that easy to get especially if its not pilgrimage trip.
Tourists sites are not open to Indians and there is very restricted visa available that to on mercy of consulate.
Been there, tried it...will still keep trying...hoping something sane happens at goverment levels....

Well there is always a visa sponsorship option when some one sends u an invitation/sponsors your visit.
I plan on exploring the northern areas some time soon, can always think of a way to have more people on board and we can see how we can get you in.

Well there is always a visa sponsorship option when some one sends u an invitation/sponsors your visit.
I plan on exploring the northern areas some time soon, can always think of a way to have more people on board and we can see how we can get you in.

Thanks, Northern areas are not open for Indians, only selected cities are open.
Though the tourist visa scheme did came in, but it has to happen via a registered tour organizer, who have limited permission for Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi. On top of that they are not even keen to take all the hassles. As a daily reporting to local police station is mandatory.

Invitation / Sponsor works for tourists only if there are strong relations and history before partition and its limited to city of sponsor. Same applicable for Business Visa too..

Having said that, I am glad you extended the opportunity.
Would be always helpful to have updates and if possible an opening to northern areas.
Thanks, highly appreciate you looking into the concerns. Wish you all the best for your northern area tour. Capture and share for many like us...

Thanks, Northern areas are not open for Indians, only selected cities are open.
Though the tourist visa scheme did came in, but it has to happen via a registered tour organizer, who have limited permission for Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi. On top of that they are not even keen to take all the hassles. As a daily reporting to local police station is mandatory.

Invitation / Sponsor works for tourists only if there are strong relations and history before partition and its limited to city of sponsor. Same applicable for Business Visa too..

Having said that, I am glad you extended the opportunity.
Would be always helpful to have updates and if possible an opening to northern areas.
Thanks, highly appreciate you looking into the concerns. Wish you all the best for your northern area tour. Capture and share for many like us...

Things are changing mate. Won't be too long till its all open.
I like people coming in and seeing my country and people, like most other people of my country.
So let's hope the day is sooner when you get to see things with your own eyes :)

The caste system in the Indus Region was overwhelmingly rejected, this is highlighted in a Brahmin's visit to the "land of the five rivers" (Aratta).

“that (region) where these five rivers, emerging from the mountains flow, this Aratta (country) is called Balhika where the Arya should not stay even for two days”.

"Having gone to the Bahlikas, I learnt the following. There, one first becomes a brahmana and then becomes a kshatriya. Thereafter, one becomes a vaishya, a shudra and finally a barber. Having become a barber, one once again becomes a brahmana. Having become a brahmana there, one is once again as a slave. In every family, there is only one virtuous brahmana. Everyone else follows one's desires. The Gandharas, the Madrakas and the Bahlikas possess limited intelligence."

"But on seeing the dharma practiced in the land of the five rivers, the grandfather cried, "Shame!". They are outcasts. They are born from servants. They are the performers of wicked deeds. That is the reason the grandfather condemned the dharma in the land of the five rivers. Though they followed their own dharma and that of their varna, he did not honour it."

Some Muslim rulers did in fact persecute Buddhists, though the target was non-Muslims in general.
Exactly. I never mentioned that Muslim rulers were devil or something similar. I told that some Muslim rulers indeed persecuted Buddhists. This uneducated man could not understand it.

The fact is Back in the middle ages, conquest was normal and mass killings happened. People of every religion suffered and at times became oppressors too. There were some Buddhist rulers too who were brtual. But that was the middle ages.

Hulaqu Khan was a devout Buddhist, yet he left no chance in killing Muslim civilians of the Abbasid Caliphate.

In Burma during the 16th century, a Burmese king forcefully fed pork to some ulemas after which they were killed.

Buddhist rulers of the Yuan dynasty and Chinese kingdoms were also not less brutal.

The thing is even the most peaceful religions at times were brutal in the middle ages.

Perhaps you should do a bit more research into Mamhud of Ghaznavi... Here is a good book I recommend, and you will see the great things done by Mahmud of Ghaznavi.
"The Life and Times of Sultan Mahmud of Ghazna by Muhammad Nazim" This is by far the best book I read about him, and I think you will like it as well.

There is no denying that there were bad muslim ruler e.g. Alauddin Khiliji, Timur Lane, Shah Ismail, the problem however is whenever I read Indian/hindu/Buddhist opinions, and you were to thereafter ask them "name one Muslim ruler that was good for India or the subcontinent?" they will not give you one that was remotely good and will find negativity about every single one of them, while they will overlook the bad deeds of Hindu/Buddhist rulers like Ashoka, Rajputs etc. This is why I never listen to an Indians opinion about Muslim rulers unless I've done thorough research about them, and I urge that you do the same.
It has less to do with religion and more with ethnicity. Muslim rulers who invaded India were Turco Mongols, Pashtuns and Afghans. People of these races are well known for their brutality.

Mongols were Buddhists, Shamans and Tengrists, yet they killed more than 30% of the world's population.

The Huns were non Muslim mongols but they were very brutal.

So it has less to do with religion but more to do with ethnicity.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom