What's new

To be a Muslim in India

I wonder why Pakistani media gets the extreme leftist Indian journalists to write articles for them.

Why not get more center and right leaning journalists also to write. This way you will get a true and varied opinion of the people of the country.

You are right! Urdu is our national language so it is spoken everywhere.

Thanks to Altaf bhai for disinformation! Al most everyone who migrated at the times of partition speaks Urdu!

Good, so next time avoid such posts!

Now you are telling something different, Muhajir or Urdu Muhajir is term now used only for Partition migrants from North India other than British Punjab.

even my cousins are urdu speaking brohi

I can too speak Hyderabadi Urdu.

Not a lot was family. Just some people moved themselves. Others were Ansaris but unrelated to Firangi mahal house. I am loyal to all Ansaris. In either case stop diverting the discussion. You are champion of off-topic posts. How do muhajirs fit in this? Muhajir is a false identity and modern ones themselves challenge it as an identity like me. lol.

They have Rs 13,000+ GDP per capita than second ethnic group. Now stop diverting the discussion

You only bought Muhajirs link with India.

sorry, mohajir is offtopic, but now that we have brought it in, I have a question.
Why is it that mohajirs are more friendly towards India than other pakistanis (I am judging from some of the words of MQM leaders), should not they be more bitter than other pakistanis, because they were the most persecuted ones.. @haviZsultan ?

First off you need to understand MQM does not mean people of Karachi, MQM is a contingent who still to some extent is attached to the malafide ideology it adopted during its development. Before MQM, JI would rock the city but it never was/is kinda India friendly. I'll give you an example, Mushy hails from Karachi but he ain't India friendly. is he?

They are well known Pakistani members who abuse Muhajirs in this way.

I am asking about the names!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. SRK is not a Hero but a business man , ordinary Indian hates Pakistan hates for obvious reason SRK cannot be expected to do so because for him and rest of Bollywood Pakistan and rest of Arab world represents a very lucrative market.

2. And what should also be not forgotten is SRK present the creme de creme of Indian elite and for this section of society religion is lowest on the priority list.

3. Majority of Muslims specially of North India are not here in India by choice. Muslim Youth compared to their parents is better deposed towards India.

Now you are telling something different, Muhajir or Urdu Muhajir is term now used only for Partition migrants from North India other than British Punjab.

Didn't I admonish you to stop the poppycock? I wasn't telling anything different, I was extending pk-baloch point, don't take it in that context..

Moreover, there exists nothing as Urdu Mohajir, don't invent new terms..

@Emmie Isn't calling Mohajir is a way of discriminating these people ?

They made a choice and believed in Pakistan, why did they get this name ? And why its continuing ?

I am asking about the names!

I don't remember their names but there are lots many threads like. Let Muhajirs speak, I have never founds Muhajirs ever refuting the claim of being abused to return back to India.

American Pakistani was even explaining how Muhajirs being abused as Hindustani when he grew up in Karachi.

Comments on tribune about the article by A Patel.

Aakar Ahmed Patel writes, “You see, the Muslim is guilty of the original sin, by voting for Pakistan in the 1945-46 elections. He divided Mother India and his generations must carry this burden of Adam.”
There is another perspective to this division of mother India. Almost all Muslims who were living in the current India, supported the creation of Pakistan in 1946-47. However only 15% decided to migrate to Pakistan; on the other hand, no Hindu or Sikh who was living in the current Pakistan supported the creation of Pakistan and almost all (85%) were forced to run from the land of their ancestors who were living there even before the advent of Islam in 7th century. Allow me to quote Jinnah:
“We shall have India divided or we shall have India destroyed.” – Mohammad Ali Jinnah

@Emmie Isn't calling Mohajir is a way of discriminating these people ?

They made a choice and believed in Pakistan, why did they get this name ? And why its continuing ?

No it isn't - altho it is best to avoid usage in current scenario, for the disinformation by Altaf has made some roots.

How is this related to what I have been pointing? Krait, no trolling!

No it isn't - altho it is best to avoid usage in current scenario, for the disinformation by Altaf has made some roots.How is this related to what I have been pointing? Krait, no trolling!
Trolling ? Its a common thing in India asking this question. I thought I made a valid question. Leave. Carry on.

A fallacious argument at best. The writer takes up the solitary issue of Shahrukh Khan(what backlash did he face for his comments either way?) and puts it across as encompassing all Muslim behavior in India. Let's take up some of the cases where Indian Muslims 'objected' last year sans the need for any qualifiers or reservations; the Azad maidan riots, the violent protests against the alleged anti-Muslim movie and the riots against the treatment of Myanmar Muslims amongst various others, even one over Pakistani Shias.

But the author wouldn't want to talk about the bulk of the intolerance being bred in Indian Muslims because he knows it's indefensible and it does embody some anti-national tones. He'd rather pledge allegiance with the well polished SRK and brand the innocence of Muslims(no pun intended) as an absolute.

Back
Top Bottom