What's new

TLP 'Long March' to Islamabad - October 22, 2021

So taken from Dawn news web site following are the demands from TLP:

1. Expulsion of the French ambassador within next three months.

Govt Response to date:

1634929971141.png

2. Release of TLP workers in Jail.

Govt Response to date:

???

Last edited:
Aren't you Pakistani (genetically; assumed nationalities aside)? What color is your skin and what's your ethnicity? Do you have Caucasian or Anglo-Saxon blood gushing in your veins?

To answer your question, the reason is that it's a highly problematic form of Islam. Deobandi and Wahhabism/Salafism mixed with uneducated, frustrated masses that are easily roused by social media campaigns or manipulative preaches = toxic powder keg ready to explode.

It is a patent failure of successive governments, military and civilian, to introduce meaningful reforms that at least show that Islam has many schools of thought and that the inner element of spiritual cultivation through kindness, peace, justice, maturity, introspection. Instead, the Islam propagated in Pakistan through such outfits is predominantly about outward expressions of the religion (clothes, beard, naat ringtones, etc.), which are all fine, but not when there is no substance beyond these surface-level things. It is an Islam of power grabbing, judging and takfeer. Highly problematic and complex issues. Massive societal engineering and reform can save us.

What you are thinking of is a Saudia Arabia, UAE type society as an ideal correct? That maybe if Pakistan went fully conservative Islam with sharia it would correct its flaws?

My friend, Saudi, Iran and UAE and Qatar all these countries have a lot of oil money to keep everyone happy. Do you know what they do for a weekend? They come to London to shop, eat and f**k. That's how they pass their time as peaceful Muslims rather than rioting on the streets over technicalities.

That's the difference, so unless you strike oil this is simply an unrealistic dream for Pakistan, just look at Afghanistan under Taliban. Its a failed experiment, if Pakistan did the same it would be goodnight for you, it would become a Yemen or Somalia.

The best Pakistan can aim for is Malaysia. That place is conservative but has enough of everything to keep everyone happy. Tourists are happily drinking in bars in downtown KL or Penang. There's things to do, the atmosphere is light and welcoming. Its conservative yet not judgmental. Aggression is low, crime is low. This is a good aim.

These men are just frustrated with life, that's why they are out on the streets over literally nothing. I would get it if it was price increases or something but this is men that never grew up sadly. Put them in re-education camps and teach them skills so they can become busy with their days.

I wish if we go back and try to understand what Quaid e Azam (RA) sayings about Pakistan...

1634931937885.png

- Well being of the masses and the poor (includes providing security, justice and pursuit of happniness)
- On French Ambassador issue.. IMHO a practical approach for the Govt was to take into confidence all religious and political parties to get united in backing efforts in building an international body whose members are from muslim countries which through "actionable laws" take appropriate actions whenever "freedom of speech" is used against Islam...

I wish if we go back and try to understand what Quaid e Azam (RA) sayings about Pakistan...

View attachment 786966

- Well being of the masses and the poor (includes providing security, justice and pursuit of happniness)
- On French Ambassador issue.. IMHO a practical approach for the Govt was to take into confidence all religious and political parties to get united in backing efforts in building an international body whose members are from muslim countries which through "actionable laws" take appropriate actions whenever "freedom of speech" is used against Islam...
Jinnahs vision for Pakistan is long dead and buried. What we have today is Nawaz, Zardari, Maulvis Pakistan
So taken from Dawn news web site following are the demands from TLP:

1. Expulsion of the French ambassador within next three months.

Govt Response to date:

View attachment 786951

2. Release of TLP workers in Jail.

Govt Response to date:

???
TLP demands are not reasonable

TLP announces 'long march' to Islamabad tomorrow
Imran Gabol | Javed HussainPublished October 21, 2021 - Updated 35 minutes ago
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

Members of the banned Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan stage a protest in Lahore. — Photo by Imran Gabol

Members of the banned Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan stage a protest in Lahore. — Photo by Imran Gabol
After days of staging protests in Lahore's streets, the banned Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) announced on Thursday that its will start a "long march" towards Islamabad on Friday, according to a statement issued by the TLP media cell.
"The peaceful Namoos-i-Risalat march of the Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan towards Islamabad will start after Friday prayers" from the TLP's markaz (headquarters), the statement said, adding that the group also had a "plan B" in case its members were stopped from marching on the capital.
Hundreds of TLP workers have been participating in a sit-in in Lahore to exert pressure on the Punjab government for the release of its chief, Hafiz Saad Hussain Rizvi, the son of its late founder Khadim Rizvi. The younger Rizvi has been kept in detention by the Punjab government since April 12 for “maintenance of public order".
In a statement issued prior to the announcement of the long march, the TLP's Majlis-i-Shura (executive council) had decried that the group's members had been staging a "peaceful protest" in the streets for the past 15 days, yet their demand for the implementation of an agreement reached between them and the government earlier this year remained unmet.
The agreement required the government to present the terms of a previous accord — signed between the two sides last year following protests by the TLP in a bid to pressurise the government to expel the French ambassador over the publication of blasphemous caricatures of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) — in parliament before April 20. The earlier agreement had said the government would reach a consensus in parliament regarding the expulsion of the French ambassador within three months, would not appoint its ambassador to France, would release all the arrested workers of the TLP and would also not register any case against the TLP leaders or workers in connection with the matter.
The TLP's executive council had said in its statement that the government had promised the implementation of the agreement within three days of the signing of the accord but none of the commitments had been fulfilled even after the passage of six months. It had warned the government of announcing a plan of action if its demands remained unfulfilled.
"We have tried staging protests without blocking roads and have exposed the ugly face of the government to the public," it had said, adding that a minister from Prime Minister Imran Khan's cabinet had agreed to the terms of the agreement and now he was in denial.
'Crackdown on TLP'
The group has also claimed that scores of its members have been detained by the police during the ongoing protests.
A TLP spokesperson told Dawn.com that police had taken more than thousands of the group's members into custody.
According to Dawn, the crackdown was launched after a meeting chaired by Inspector General of Police, Punjab Rao Sardar Ali Khan late on Monday. The report quoted an official as saying that the meeting had decided to launch a massive crackdown against the TLP for creating a law and order situation.
TLP's ultimatum
The TLP had taken out a massive rally on 12th of Rabiul Awwal (Tuesday), where its senior leaders delivered fiery speeches, accusing the government of using delay tactics in releasing Saad Rizvi.
Addressing the participants, a member of TLP’s central executive, Syed Afzaal Hussain Shah, had made an announcement that a new series of protests would be launched.
Later, hundreds of TLP workers had reached outside its headquarters in groups and blocked both sides of the busy Multan Road by staging the sit-in there.
Afzaal had told the charged activists that the plan for the fresh agitation would be unveiled on Thursday at 5pm.
Later, the TLP's executive council had also given an ultimatum to the government to fulfil the agreement between them, or it would announce another "plan of action on Thursday by 5pm."
It had said in a statement that already several TLP workers had lost their lives and had warned the government against making a move that would lead to further "bloodshed".
The members of the executive council had further stated that they were still open to "peaceful negotiation" with the government before going ahead with their next plan of action.
Internet blocked
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Interior, on the request of the Punjab Home Department, had asked the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority to block internet services in Samanabad, Sherkot, Nawankot, Gulshan-i-Ravi, Sabzazar and Iqbal Town areas of Lahore "for maintaining law and order situation".
The notification for the blocking of the internet, issued on October 20, stated that internet services were to be suspended in the said areas with immediate effect till further request for the reopening of the services.

@Imran Khan you have some guest in Islamabad ..... lolzzzz
FYI,

Mao lost ~93000 troops on the long march, or the 93% of his forces.

Jinnahs vision for Pakistan is long dead and buried. What we have today is Nawaz, Zardari, Maulvis Pakistan

Than resurrection is in order ... that is IF we are serious in attaining His visions for the Country... IF this generation will NOT do it then may be the next one will ...

Things would have not get to this point IF steps would have taken by the Govt as I stated in my post # 125...

Last edited:
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

After days of staging protests in Lahore's streets, the banned Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) announced on Thursday that its will start a "long march" towards Islamabad on Friday, according to a statement issued by the TLP media cell.
"The peaceful Namoos-i-Risalat march of the Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan towards Islamabad will start after Friday prayers" from the TLP's markaz (headquarters), the statement said, adding that the group also had a "plan B" in case its members were stopped from marching on the capital.
Hundreds of TLP workers have been participating in a sit-in in Lahore to exert pressure on the Punjab government for the release of its chief, Hafiz Saad Hussain Rizvi, the son of its late founder Khadim Rizvi. The younger Rizvi has been kept in detention by the Punjab government since April 12 for “maintenance of public order".
In a statement issued prior to the announcement of the long march, the TLP's Majlis-i-Shura (executive council) had decried that the group's members had been staging a "peaceful protest" in the streets for the past 15 days, yet their demand for the implementation of an agreement reached between them and the government earlier this year remained unmet.
The agreement required the government to present the terms of a previous accord — signed between the two sides last year following protests by the TLP in a bid to pressurise the government to expel the French ambassador over the publication of blasphemous caricatures of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) — in parliament before April 20. The earlier agreement had said the government would reach a consensus in parliament regarding the expulsion of the French ambassador within three months, would not appoint its ambassador to France, would release all the arrested workers of the TLP and would also not register any case against the TLP leaders or workers in connection with the matter.
The TLP's executive council had said in its statement that the government had promised the implementation of the agreement within three days of the signing of the accord but none of the commitments had been fulfilled even after the passage of six months. It had warned the government of announcing a plan of action if its demands remained unfulfilled.
"We have tried staging protests without blocking roads and have exposed the ugly face of the government to the public," it had said, adding that a minister from Prime Minister Imran Khan's cabinet had agreed to the terms of the agreement and now he was in denial.
'Crackdown on TLP'
The group has also claimed that scores of its members have been detained by the police during the ongoing protests.
A TLP spokesperson told Dawn.com that police had taken more than thousands of the group's members into custody.
According to Dawn, the crackdown was launched after a meeting chaired by Inspector General of Police, Punjab Rao Sardar Ali Khan late on Monday. The report quoted an official as saying that the meeting had decided to launch a massive crackdown against the TLP for creating a law and order situation.
TLP's ultimatum
The TLP had taken out a massive rally on 12th of Rabiul Awwal (Tuesday), where its senior leaders delivered fiery speeches, accusing the government of using delay tactics in releasing Saad Rizvi.
Addressing the participants, a member of TLP’s central executive, Syed Afzaal Hussain Shah, had made an announcement that a new series of protests would be launched.
Later, hundreds of TLP workers had reached outside its headquarters in groups and blocked both sides of the busy Multan Road by staging the sit-in there.
Afzaal had told the charged activists that the plan for the fresh agitation would be unveiled on Thursday at 5pm.
Later, the TLP's executive council had also given an ultimatum to the government to fulfil the agreement between them, or it would announce another "plan of action on Thursday by 5pm."
It had said in a statement that already several TLP workers had lost their lives and had warned the government against making a move that would lead to further "bloodshed".
The members of the executive council had further stated that they were still open to "peaceful negotiation" with the government before going ahead with their next plan of action.
Internet blocked
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Interior, on the request of the Punjab Home Department, had asked the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority to block internet services in Samanabad, Sherkot, Nawankot, Gulshan-i-Ravi, Sabzazar and Iqbal Town areas of Lahore "for maintaining law and order situation".
The notification for the blocking of the internet, issued on October 20, stated that internet services were to be suspended in the said areas with immediate effect till further request for the reopening of the services.

F*ck these bastards! As iv said before, madrassas should be closely monitored, findings, bank accounts, everything! Moulana diesel and TLP are fitna and shar only! Hang them all, no one cares!

Claiming to be a follower of the Prophet (saw) whilst using vile language and murdering people. The irony turns into a tragedy when one takes into consideration the fact that the authorities are unable to do anything about this problem.

These TLP guys are monsters, they are uncivilised, I remember back in 2018 when under Godfathers rule, TLP blocked all the roads in Lahore, when my own family attended a wedding and had to return to islamabad next day, they were stuck on M2 motorway for more than 24 hours, TLP were harrasing families and damaging buses, cars and transport.

Pakistan has proven to be a banana republic when dealing with these kind of people and misusing the name of Islam

Last edited:
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

'Crackdown on TLP'
TLP's ultimatum
Internet blocked

are they supported by ??? india, nawaz and zardari? ho is behind all this ?

Sir, inko local funding bhi kaafi hey... Please try to understand that French Ambassador issue is a "very sensitive" issue which gain support from various quarters of the society for them in a covert manner... the dreadful thing in all this fiasco is that at the end of the day "a Pakistani's blood is shed... a Pakistani mother mourn for his son ... dono taraf khoon to apna hi behta hey" ... what more the enemy wants... :(

Someone is pulling the strings for sure .. this party basically has no leadership or any vocal person who confronts the media .... it's the strangest party I have ever seen in the political arena.

At least three policemen were martyred and six others sustained injuries in clashes with banned Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) activists in Lahore on Friday.

According to Express News, police fired teargas to disperse the protesters after they turned violent and rammed a vehicle into police officials.

During the stampede, the police officials said two police constables embraced martyrdom and six others including an inspector got injuries.

TLP-protest-in-Lahore-AFP31634926343-0.jpg

Meanwhile, according to a statement issued by the Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar three policemen died in the clashes.

He offered condolences to the families of martyrs and directed officials to take stern action against the culprits.

Back
Top Bottom