What's new

TISU officially named ANKA-3

7 ton weight, single engine, will have first flight april 2023

Thanks.

Some information here also (Thanks to Google search 😇):

First actual picture I think

1679158453977.png

@Deino Why the laughing emoji? They literally just rolled out a stealth fighter prototype, you think this is impossible?

Turkey's defence industry is progressing rapidly and the quality of work also seems to be of a high standard.

Wish Pakistan joined in earlier somehow

since there is a difference if of several dozen of tons between a small drone and a true stealth bomber plus let alone a few more billion of dollars

since there is a difference if of several dozen of tons between a small drone and a true stealth bomber plus let alone a few more billion of dollars
obviously it's just a prototype, you can see from the body panels that it's not stealth yet. But I think we can talk about the concept and how well ANKA 3 will compare to F35 in its intended deep strike role.

I'm not sure if it can match the range of the F35 if I'm honest with you.

obviously it's just a prototype, you can see from the body panels that it's not stealth yet. But I think we can talk about the concept and how well ANKA 3 will compare to F35 in its intended deep strike role.

I think we/you are confusing two things … the MMU vs F-35 and the ANKA-3 vs „stealth bomber“ discussion.

In fact for the first one I don‘t want to compare yet but my point - and that‘s why I added a laughing emoji - since one noted „a Turkish stealth bomber is doable!“. And that‘s ridiculous … building a stealthy drone, an UCAV is one thing but a true fully fledged strategic heavy long-range bomber is a totally different thing both technologically, size and budget-wise.

I think we/you are confusing two things … the MMU vs F-35 and the ANKA-3 vs „stealth bomber“ discussion.

In fact for the first one I don‘t want to compare yet but my point - and that‘s why I added a laughing emoji - since one noted „a Turkish stealth bomber is doable!“. And that‘s ridiculous … building a stealthy drone, an UCAV is one thing but a true fully fledged strategic heavy long-range bomber is a totally different thing both technologically, size and budget-wise.
I say Anka 3 vs F-35 because TURAF was planning to use F35 mainly in a role that would resemble a stealth bomber. I'm confident that a drone of this size will be able to carry most munitions that we need, As you know, F35 had two separate weapons bays

190116-F-BQ566-003.jpg

You can't combine the capacity of these two weapons bays to carry a single huge missile for example.

So if we have one weapons bay of that size and take off with two drones, we can create the same effect. Only question remains range.

As you know, F35 had a ridiculously long range due to the fat fuselage.

President of Defence Industries Prof. Dr.
@IsmailDemirSSB
: "Bayraktar TB3 UCAV will land on and take off from TCG ANADOLU LHD. New surprises regarding Bayraktar KIZILELMA and the munitions to be used on them (KIZILELMA and TB3) are on the horizon."

Plz share some comprehensive post/analysis/article on Turkish Weapons Industry
Why Turkey felt the need to develop weapons in home?
What problems were faced at beginning regarding weapons development? And how you people overcame those problems?
How political environment at different stages affected Weapons Industry?
What was Your strategy to compete the already established players in export markete?
@JamD @Hakikat ve Hikmet if you people can help, very nice of you.

What problems were faced at beginning regarding weapons development? And how you people overcame those problems?
What was Your strategy to compete the already established players in export markete?
It's a long story that goes back to 1974 Cyprus war and the American arms embargo Turkey faced in the aftermath of that war.

"A comprehensive post" wouldn't be enough, I would have to write a book about it

We faced many challenges but we had some advantages too, NATO membership came with some perks. That would have to be the subject of another book.

One-liner: It's the Turkic way spanning 2 millenniums establishing 22 empires in all parts of the known world with innovative weapons, tactics, strategies etc. and indomitable never-say-die will to succeed over the Kuffar by HIS PERMISSION.

Anta Maulana Fansurna Ala'l Kaumil Ka'firin.....

The rest are all details.....

In some periods, we were so close to the USA that they did not hesitate to give technology to us. As far as I have observed, we have gained important know-how in the period between 1980-2010. For example, we got "NICKEL BASED SINGLE CRYSTAL TURBINE WING SUPER ALLOYS" from the USA in this period.

Our institutions such as TAI and TEI have partnered with US companies and have been working as subcontractors for years.

Back
Top Bottom