What's new

Tipu Sultan was not Indian and a killer - BJP minister as Karnataka celebrate the Tiger of Mysore

well... his wheel is on your flag after all.
There is a fetishization of Hindu rulers over Muslim ones, despite both acting in similar manners.
Ashoka is just an entity. There is nothing in constitution that gives any special status to emperor Ashoka. And Ashoka was a Buddhist, not a Hindu (although initially) as far as I know.

If I start profiling the symbols and structures based on religion, Red Fort that is in the Indian currency is made by a Muslim. The Parliament was designed by a Christian. House of the President was designed by another Christian.

What is the point in objectifying national symbols and symbolic structures based on religion.

Last edited:
The politicizing of kings is nothing new. It's an appeasement politics played by almost all the political parties.

History of Indian muslim is not some Tipu's or Mughals. It's much more older than that.
There is no special people in Islam other than Prophet(SAW).

But the hindutvawadi narrative of india is degrading that history and all muslim monuments, historical figures and events whilst embellishing and glorifying hindutva narrative

Are indian muslims doing anything to try and preserve and protect muslim history from the onslaught?

Of course, after these BJP extremist vile scumbags have started their efforts to make Taaj Mahal a controversial, how is it possible for them to leave a Muslim ruler and a historical stay an untouched as a hero. Tipu Sultan must be declared a non-indian and that's totally okay because in essence he was our ancestor so he was a Pakistani...Good job BJP hindus.. I like your thinking :)

How can a Muslim ruler be a hero in a hindu country? so much for the secularism crap. Karnatka's govt of Cong will be made to pay for this cardinal sin.

He was hardly, in essence, whatever that wonderful phrasing means, or otherwise, your ancestor. Please feel free to take potshots at religious fanatics of both sorts, but please spare us from comical statements that imply that religious beliefs are the vectors of reproduction.

But the hindutvawadi narrative of india is degrading that history and all muslim monuments, historical figures and events whilst embellishing and glorifying hindutva narrative

Are indian muslims doing anything to try and preserve and protect muslim history from the onslaught?

Written history is always intact. In this century, it is nearly impossible to create a fake history.

Whatever be the narrative of a few extremist, it will not succeed. And I don't see any degrading of Islamic culture in India, Islam is growing in India. And I was never persecuted in India for being a Muslim. There is no need for scaremongering and overreacting to any small issues.

You think few ragtags can destroy the Islamic culture in India?

will you say that about Asoka too?

No.

Ashoka was significantly different. But people would be justified in saying similar about Gautamiputra Satakarni.

There is a fetishization of Hindu rulers over Muslim ones, despite both acting in similar manners.
Ashoka kills hundreds of thousands of hindus and that bastard gets a fcuking wheel on the indian flag????o_O

Maybe Tipu wasn't brutal enough

Maybe you don't think - enough.

The Ashoka that we celebrate is the Ashoka who repented. You understand repentance, or is that another kaffir word used by the weak who don't understand how glorious it is to slaughter in the name of God?

And you seem to forget that the 'wheel' on our flag was originally a charkha, converted to a wheel so as not to alienate the very large number that did not hold with Gandhi's social and economic beliefs.

But the hindutvawadi are glorifying their sometimes obscure kings, embellishing their deeds snd credentials to create a hindutva narrative whilst at the same time degrading muslim monuments, history, historical figures etc

Are indian muslims silent in the face of this onslaught or is anything being done by you guys to celebrate muslim historical figures and kings

Which ones?

As for Indians - not Muslim Indians, but balanced Indians of all beliefs - protesting, what happens when things come on Twitter and Facebook that don't suit your narrative? You only read those that suit you, is it?

Did you really think that @SOUTHie personally put that wheel on that flag? You asked him his personal position, he gave a perfectly fair perfectly appropriate answer. Don't you think you are way out of line picking a fight?

How?
Will you own Mir Jafar as well?

He might turn on you. He might point to Iskandar Mirza's direct ancestry. 'Great-grandfather' is not too far away, after all. What next?

No.

Ashoka was significantly different. But people would be justified in saying similar about Gautamiputra Satakarni.

Maybe you don't think - enough.

The Ashoka that we celebrate is the Ashoka who repented. You understand repentance, or is that another kaffir word used by the weak who don't understand how glorious it is to slaughter in the name of God?

And you seem to forget that the 'wheel' on our flag was originally a charkha, converted to a wheel so as not to alienate the very large number that did not hold with Gandhi's social and economic beliefs.

Which ones?

As for Indians - not Muslim Indians, but balanced Indians of all beliefs - protesting, what happens when things come on Twitter and Facebook that don't suit your narrative? You only read those that suit you, is it?

Stop selling the secular virtues of dharmachakra. Nobody is interested in your personal opinion about what it symbolises which you will use in all its 12 forms if it gets you an advantage.

Its a Hindu symbol for a Hindu country.

Stop selling the secular virtues of dharmachakra. Nobody is interested in your personal opinion about what it symbolises which you will use in all its 12 forms if it gets you an advantage.

Its a Hindu symbol for a Hindu country.

Nothing Hindu about it, ignoramus. It's a Buddhist symbol. But then, you are a (green) bhakt, right? Rules of evidence don't matter to you.

He might turn on you. He might point to Iskandar Mirza's direct ancestry. 'Great-grandfather' is not too far away, after all. What next?

Turn on me?

Lol how?

Tipu Sultans fascination is embodied in Pakistani culture in a way how Muslims revolted against British Occupation in India. And how a strong leader can make a difference if he is honest and brave. Tipu is even a common nickname for brave people in Pakistan.

Nothing Hindu about it, ignoramus. It's a Buddhist symbol. But then, you are a (green) bhakt, right? Rules of evidence don't matter to you.

Satisfy all your labeling needs with whatever shade of 50 you like.

Make a movie: 50 shades of Bakhts

As I said that the symbol embodies the last Hindu rule over united India as per mythology.

Just like the crescent is embodiment of the Islamic rule in the sub continent.

No need to dive deep in symbolism. Partition happened only 70 years ago.

Tipu Sultan is not Indian as India referred to British India. And Mysore was not part of India as it fought against British India.

Turn on me?

Lol how?

By pointing out that Mir Jafar's great-grandson already is a part of Pakistan's history.

Tipu Sultans fascination is embodied in Pakistani culture in a way how Muslims revolted against British Occupation in India.

LOL.

You need to get a better grip on your language use and your expressions. Only a subject can revolt. Tipu was an independent king.

And how a strong leader can make a difference if he is honest and brave. Tipu is even a common nickname for brave people in Pakistan.

Ooh, what overpowering evidence!

http://www.thehindu.com/features/metroplus/society/the-admiral-from-madras/article5383499.ece

'Tipu' is closest to the camera.

https://www.livefistdefence.com/2011/03/retrophoto-indian-navys-inas-310.html

The planes 'Tipu' inducted, the squadron he commanded (the squadron badge was painted by my Mum).

@jbgt90

It's about the Alizes, Fleet Air Arm squadron 310.
How's the induction going?

Turn on me?

Lol how?

Tipu Sultans fascination is embodied in Pakistani culture in a way how Muslims revolted against British Occupation in India. And how a strong leader can make a difference if he is honest and brave. Tipu is even a common nickname for brave people in Pakistan.

Satisfy all your labeling needs with whatever shade of 50 you like.

Make a movie: 50 shades of Bakhts

As I said that the symbol embodies the last Hindu rule over united India as per mythology.

Just like the crescent is embodiment of the Islamic rule in the sub continent.

No need to dive deep in symbolism. Partition happened only 70 years ago.

No need to pretend that you know, when you so obviously don't. Once again, read my lips: nothing to do with Hindus or with Hinduism, it was a Buddhist symbol. Ashoka was Buddhist, not Hindu.

Last edited:
Interesting strategy, if Tipu Sultan (rh) is not an Indian, does that also mean that a large chunk of Indian Muslims with foreign origins are also no longer Indian? As there is no doubt some of their ancestors would have fought against Hindus at one point.

Back
Top Bottom