What's new

Time to take a firm stand on the Durand Line

Rora, waisee I've interacted with many Pashtuns & you're the first one who goes by the 'Afghan is Pashtun & Pashtun is Afghan' thing uttered by Khushal Khan Khattak ! Whereas Afghan might mean the same thing as a Pashtun in Dari, in terms of international relations for us & for the rest of the world & even for the Pashtuns in my family or friends : Afghan - A National of Afghanistan whereas Pashtun - A race of people.

You are talking about same Pashtuns who cant read and write in Pashto?. You think all Pashto poets and writers are stupids to use "Afghan" for themselves?.
It was not in the interest of Pakistan to retain name of Afghan for their Pashtun population, as it would connect them to Afghanistan and Afghans across border. It can be easily noted from behavior of you people, so alarmed at my usage of afghan for pakistani Pashtuns. One guy became so irritated that he is telling me to pack my bags and go to Afghanistan, you can imagine how much pakistanis are generally scared and suspicious of pakistani pashtuns that their relation with afghans might be dangerous for integrity of Pakistan. Check our old domiciles and land records, our "qaum" and "nasal" is written as Afghan, this was in british times. Now we have to bear an alien and ugly word "pathan" for ourselves which we dont use for each other. A rikshah driver, chokidar, labourer or mommy daddy pashtun may not know that whether he is afghan or not....but i am different and you would find many pashtuns like me.

You are talking about same Pashtuns who cant read and write in Pashto?. You think all Pashto poets and writers are stupids to use "Afghan" for themselves?.
It was not in the interest of Pakistan to retain name of Afghan for their Pashtun population, as it would connect them to Afghanistan and Afghans across border. It can be easily noted from behavior of you people, so alarmed at my usage of afghan for pakistani Pashtuns. One guy became so irritated that he is telling me to pack my bags and go to Afghanistan, you can imagine how much pakistanis are generally scared and suspicious of pakistani pashtuns that their relation with afghans might be dangerous for integrity of Pakistan. Check our old domiciles and land records, our "qaum" and "nasal" is written as Afghan, this was in british times. Now we have to bear an alien and ugly word "pathan" for ourselves which we dont use for each other. A rikshah driver, chokidar, labourer or mommy daddy pashtun may not know that whether he is afghan or not....but i am different and you would find many pashtuns like me.

Acha, Acha Khan saab, aap Pashtun aur Afghan ho, ab tanday ho jo jani.

Rora, aren't we being a bit presumptuous here ?

The Pashtuns I talked about are all very fluent in Pashto & they prescribe to Pashtunwali ! I wasn't talking about Punjabi Pashtuns. My two bhabis are originally from Peshawar & they & their family are as Pashtun as they get ! The family friends I talked about - One of them is from Sibi, another from Bajaur & the last one from Kohat. Then there are my Dad's friends - Two of them are from Mohmand & the rest from either Abbotabad or Peshawar. We know their families too hence the term 'family friends'. In addition to them I've got Pashtuns as my work-place & school friends - One of them was from Quetta whereas the other from Khurram whereas the rest were Punjabi Pashtuns. All of them are fluent in Pashto...even the Punjabi ones.

The reason why we may have reservations about the attachment of the word 'Afghan' is because we've met of them & not all of them or in fact many of them have held positive thoughts about Pakistan & Pakistanis. In addition not a single Pashtun in either my family or my friends holds good thoughts about the Afghans...even the few Pashtun Nationalist that I've met. Never have I seen people dislike Afghans the way my friends from Quetta or the ones from Peshawar did. If after all that Pakistanis have done for them & we've done quite a lot (I personally know a family in Islamabad - Punjabis - who out of a bout of Islamic Brotherhood took an Afghan family in, paid for the children's education & got the guy a job at his office) even if one would have reservations about the role of the armed forces....but if despite all of that if Pakistan is abused & Pakistanis are abused then woe to them ! Kahaii ka brotherhood ? I've met Afghans studying on scholarships in Punjab University provided by the Government of Pakistan & saying some of the worst things imaginable about Pakistan & Pakistani Punjabis.

In addition to that if the Afghans continue to harbor ill-intentions about Pakistan as they do & continue to talk about dividing Pakistan & getting back their 'Pashtun lands' then do you expect the rest of us to hang a garland of flowers around their necks ? I say this again...every Pashtun that I've ever met in real life has been anti-Afghan & wanted them out of their lands ! The only time a Pashtun said to me that he didn't want them out of their lands was when his own daughter was married off to someone across the border & this guy used to travel religiously between Afghanistan & Pakistan because of business (was a whole sale dealer of departmental store goods) & yet he was as Pro-Pakistan as anyone.

Tou merii bhai the Pashtuns I've met & they are as Pashtun as they get, I was introduced to Ameer Hamza Shinwari's poetry by my Bhabi & yet none of them believed in 'Afghan is Pashtun & Pashtun is Afghan'.

We don't care whether Pashtuns have relations with Afghans or not ! Its a non-issue as for the territorial integrity of Pakistan...it was the Pashtuns of Bajaur who drove out the Afghan Army when they attacked & besides we - the vast majority of us - are so blinded by the Ummah Concept that we haven't any apprehensions about Afghans or Afghanistan ! The ones who are good to Pakistan are more than welcome to stay. The rest of them can get the hell out of our country ! I'd advocate kicking out a Punjabi or a Kashmiri (my ethnicities) out of Pakistan if they were ever disloyal to the Motherland.

So koi apprehension nahin haii...busss faaasssaaaddii aur ehsan faramooosh loogggon ko apnei mulk mein nahin dikhnaa chahteii bishaak woh Afghan ho ya Punjabi !

Rora, aren't we being a bit presumptuous here ?

The Pashtuns I talked about are all very fluent in Pashto & they prescribe to Pashtunwali ! I wasn't talking about Punjabi Pashtuns. My two bhabis are originally from Peshawar & they & their family are as Pashtun as they get ! The family friends I talked about - One of them is from Sibi, another from Bajaur & the last one from Kohat. Then there are my Dad's friends - Two of them are from Mohmand & the rest from either Abbotabad or Peshawar. We know their families too hence the term 'family friends'. In addition to them I've got Pashtuns as my work-place & school friends - One of them was from Quetta whereas the other from Khurram whereas the rest were Punjabi Pashtuns. All of them are fluent in Pashto...even the Punjabi ones.

The reason why we may have reservations about the attachment of the word 'Afghan' is because we've met of them & not all of them or in fact many of them have held positive thoughts about Pakistan & Pakistanis. In addition not a single Pashtun in either my family or my friends holds good thoughts about the Afghans...even the few Pashtun Nationalist that I've met. Never have I seen people dislike Afghans the way my friends from Quetta or the ones from Peshawar did. If after all that Pakistanis have done for them & we've done quite a lot (I personally know a family in Islamabad - Punjabis - who out of a bout of Islamic Brotherhood took an Afghan family in, paid for the children's education & got the guy a job at his office) even if one would have reservations about the role of the armed forces....but if despite all of that if Pakistan is abused & Pakistanis are abused then woe to them ! Kahaii ka brotherhood ? I've met Afghans studying on scholarships in Punjab University provided by the Government of Pakistan & saying some of the worst things imaginable about Pakistan & Pakistani Punjabis.

In addition to that if the Afghans continue to harbor ill-intentions about Pakistan as they do & continue to talk about dividing Pakistan & getting back their 'Pashtun lands' then do you expect the rest of us to hang a garland of flowers around their necks ? I say this again...every Pashtun that I've ever met in real life has been anti-Afghan & wanted them out of their lands ! The only time a Pashtun said to me that he didn't want them out of their lands was when his own daughter was married off to someone across the border & this guy used to travel religiously between Afghanistan & Pakistan because of business (was a whole sale dealer of departmental store goods) & yet he was as Pro-Pakistan as anyone.

Tou merii bhai the Pashtuns I've met & they are as Pashtun as they get, I was introduced to Ameer Hamza Shinwari's poetry by my Bhabi & yet none of them believed in 'Afghan is Pashtun & Pashtun is Afghan'.

We don't care whether Pashtuns have relations with Afghans or not ! Its a non-issue as for the territorial integrity of Pakistan...it was the Pashtuns of Bajaur who drove out the Afghan Army when they attacked & besides we - the vast majority of us - are so blinded by the Ummah Concept that we haven't any apprehensions about Afghans or Afghanistan ! The ones who are good to Pakistan are more than welcome to stay. The rest of them can get the hell out of our country ! I'd advocate kicking out a Punjabi or a Kashmiri (my ethnicities) out of Pakistan if they were ever disloyal to the Motherland.

So koi apprehension nahin haii...busss faaasssaaaddii aur ehsan faramooosh loogggon ko apnei mulk mein nahin dikhnaa chahteii bishaak woh Afghan ho ya Punjabi !

I was not talking about fluency in speaking pashto, i simply asked you whether they can read or write pashto text?. very few Pakistani Pashtuns can read and write in Pashto.

As for as disliking Afghans is concerned, its not that simple. Bar Pashtuns look down upon lar Pashtuns and vice versa. Rural Pashtuns look down upon urban Pashtuns and vice versa. Hilly/mountain Pashtuns look down upon plain Pashtuns and vice versa. Tribal Pashtuns look down upon non-tribal ones and vice versa. Yousafzais look down upon khattaks and vice versa. Mehsuds look down upon wazirs and vice versa.

I was not talking about fluency in speaking pashto, i simply asked you whether they can read or write pashto text?

As for as disliking Afghans is concerned, its not that simple. Bar Pashtuns look down upon lar Pashtuns and vice versa. Rural Pashtuns look down upon urban Pashtuns and vice versa. Hilly/mountain Pashtuns look down upon plain Pashtuns and vice versa. Tribal Pashtuns look down upon non-tribal ones and vice versa. Yousafzais look down upon khattaks and vice versa. Mehsuds look down upon wazirs and vice versa.

Dude what is so hard about reading or writing Pashto ? Its written in the Urdu Nastaliq script...isn't it ? I can read & write Punjabi despite no one teaching me to do so nor was it spoken fluently in my home ! I'm sure any Pashtun who can read & write Urdu & can speak Pashto would be able to read & write Pastho !

And yes...I dunno about the writing part but they could read it hence how some of them were able to post Pashto poems & couplets or just plain quotes on FB & some of them had books on Pashto poetry too. My Bhabi, for example, gave me her Ameer Hamza Shinwari's collection on Pashto poetry & translated some of them for me before getting me another book which used to have an English Translation written underneath the Pashto one.

I was not talking about fluency in speaking pashto, i simply asked you whether they can read or write pashto text?. very few Pakistani Pashtuns can read and write in Pashto.

If Pashtuns don't like each other, how can you expect them to like the rest of us Pakistanis. :rofl:

Dude what is so hard about reading or writing Pashto ? Its written in the Urdu Nastaliq script...isn't it ? I can read & write Punjabi despite no one teaching me to do so nor was it spoken fluently in my home ! I'm sure any Pashtun who can read & write Urdu & can speak Pashto would be able to read & write Pastho !

And yes...I dunno about the writing part but they could read it hence how some of them were able to post Pashto poems & couplets or just plain quotes on FB & some of them had books on Pashto poetry too. My Bhabi, for example, gave me her Ameer Hamza Shinwari's collection on Pashto poetry & translated some of them for me before getting me another book which used to have an English Translation written underneath the Pashto one.

Pashto literature is one of the hardest in the region, it's grammar is as hard as Russian! in Punjab schools students gets to learn Punjabi literature, in Sindh schools students learn Sindhi literature but there is no Pashto literature or Pashto history which can be found in schools in Peshawar! that's because every search you do about Pashto it ends up with 'Afghan' word!

Today most of Pakhtuns in Pakistan can't even talk in Pakhto they mix every word with foreign languages aka English and Urdu; for e.g:

Marra saba ba sa 'time' ba darzo 'university' ta?
'Jee sarey 4 baje' inshallah

1) There is no 'Jee' in Pakhto.
2) Time is called 'Waqt' in Pakhto.
3) University is called 'Pohantoon' in Pakhto.
4) Sarey 4 baje is called 'Salorneem bajo'.

I can give 100s more example, believe it or not Punjabi establishment is totally obsessed with Pakhtuns as Monkey said they have made an alarmed behavior in other Pakistanis if a Pakistani Pakhtun talks about his history he is traitor and he should leave the country so his diseases shouldn't be transmitted to other brain washed Pakhtuns!

If Pashtuns don't like each other, how can you expect them to like the rest of us Pakistanis. :rofl:

They are not mean to be like that while dealing with an 'outsider' but they are even not good with their uncles let alone tribes!

Pashto literature is one of the hardest in the region, it's grammar is as hard as Russian! in Punjab schools students gets to learn Punjabi literature, in Sindh schools students learn Sindhi literature but there is no Pashto literature or Pashto history which can be found in schools in Peshawar! that's because every search you do about Pashto it ends up with 'Afghan' word!

Today most of Pakhtuns in Pakistan can't even talk in Pakhto they mix every word with foreign languages aka English and Urdu; for e.g:

Marra saba ba sa 'time' bar darzo 'university' ta?
'Jee sarey 4 baje' inshallah

1) There is no 'Jee' in Pakhto.
2) Time is called 'Waqt' in Pakhto.
3) University is called 'Pohantoon' in Pakhto.
4) Sarey 4 baje is called 'Salorneem bajo'.

I can give 100s more example, believe it or not Punjabi establishment is totally obsessed with Pakhtuns as Monkey said they have made an alarmed behavior in other Pakistanis if a Pakistani Pakhtun talks about his history he is traitor and he should leave the country so his diseases shouldn't be transmitted to other brain washed Pakhtuns!

Dude those are some pretty lame examples. Even I know Punjabi kids that use english words in their language. And don't even get me started up on Urdu speakers and how many of them use english words as well.

Blame Bollywood. And don't try to deny Afghans don't watch Bollywood either because you know that's just not true.

Dude those are some pretty lame examples. Even I know Punjabi kids that use english words in their language. And don't even get me started up on Urdu speakers and how many of them use english words as well.

Blame Bollywood. And don't try to deny Afghans don't watch Bollywood either because you know that's just not true.

Nope Afghans aren't like that they try to enhance their literature no matter if it''s Dari or Pashto.

I have never seen anyone who speaks completely Urdu!

Nope Afghans aren't like that they try to enhance their literature no matter if it''s Dari or Pashto.

I have never seen anyone who speaks completely Urdu!

There are very few people that can speak pure Urdu.

There are very few people that can speak pure Urdu.

Yeah Pakistanis and Indians have lost the tide to keep their national languages enriched and more usable! in this neighborhood only Afghanistan and Iran has kept their national languages safe and doing stuff to make it more purify.

Urdu and Punjabi are sweet languages - the purer you speak Urdu the more it becomes Persian/Dari.

He is an ANP supporter.....

So he is a kaffir if he is an ANP supporter or a god damn traitor to his country?

Back
Top Bottom