What's new

Time to Sell India Short and Go Long on Pakistan?

so your saying in world politics its the internation buisness and mutualli beneficial relations that change or strenthen your relations with any nation ...... right :azn:

now tell me if you are a investor say from UK have a billion dollar spare to invest where will you invest .... India or Pakistan :coffee:

now about the second part do you think india economy will remain stagnant for 30 years :azn:

I will invest in both, if one has 1.2 billion consumers then the other has 200 million consumers which not a small number by any count.

if you havent figure it out yet then i will tell you this secret. If i have a shop i will sell it to anyone, those who buy from me dont become the love of my life, they just freaking customers (suckers in other words).

That will only happen if your shop is alone in a crowded street, but if there are many competitive shop in a normal street then you have to beg your customer to come on your shop.

Now india is a big customer and shop owners will even come to home to sell their product.:lol:

I will invest in both, if one has 1.2 billion consumers then the other has 200 million consumers which not a small number by any count.
ok ji fair enof your money invest it where u like but tell me what are the chances of getting back your investment and profits with it when in pakistan there is very high digree of corruption and law and order situation and rules regarding taxation are not clear but on the other side all the state goverments are compititing with each other to get that investment and are giving you best possible security cover and easy options to get land and beurocracy and the political elite is always esesible to help you get the best bang for your money :azn:

ok ji fair enof your money invest it where u like but tell me what are the chances of getting back your investment and profits with it when in pakistan there is very high digree of corruption and law and order situation and rules regarding taxation are not clear but on the other side all the state goverments are compititing with each other to get that investment and are giving you best possible security cover and easy options to get land and beurocracy and the political elite is always esesible to help you get the best bang for your money :azn:

By the way pakistan is already surrendered their market to china from salt to jet engines and china will decide whether pakistan can welcome any foreign investment or not and which country.

By the way pakistan is already surrendered their market to china from salt to jet engines and china will decide whether pakistan can welcome any foreign investment or not and which country.
as they say lovinglli in pakistan .... "sab china hai" :-)

Road construction-China
Nuclear power plant-China
Dam construction-China
Military hard ware-China
Satellite launching-From China
Railway engines-From China

So tell me who will invest in pakistan other than china? There were a co-operation between pakistan and russia and that too gone long back as of payment issue.Chinese are not fools ready to invest pakistan 46b for 15 years

Road construction-China
Nuclear power plant-China
Dam construction-China
Military hard ware-China
Satellite launching-From China
Railway engines-From China

So tell me who will invest in pakistan other than china? There were a co-operation between pakistan and russia and that too gone long back as of payment issue.Chinese are not fools ready to invest pakistan 46b for 15 years

Do you know that an American consumer depends on the Chinese for most of their needs and they can not survive if Chinese exports were to stop?

India-China+Trade.jpg

Haq's Musings: Soaring Chinese Imports and Twin Deficits Worry India

Do you know that an American consumer depends on the Chinese for most of their needs and they can not survive if Chinese exports were to stop?

it's the other way around genius....

China depends on exports to US. And should the chinese manage to mess up that trade, there's no lack of competition from rest of the region. Competition is tough and that's the reason why they can't survive without a heavily devalued currency. Stopping chinese exports will kill chinese economy before anything else. Rest, the outsourcing can very quickly be shifted to other asian countries that would be more than willing and glad to replace china as the world's factory.

it's the other way around genius....

China depends on exports to US. And should the chinese manage to mess up that trade, there's no lack of competition from rest of the region. Competition is tough and that's the reason why they can't survive without a heavily devalued currency. Stopping chinese exports will kill chinese economy before anything else. Rest, the outsourcing can very quickly be shifted to other asian countries that would be more than willing and glad to replace china as the world's factory.

Sara Bongiorni, an American woman from Louisiana, tried to live a year without Chinese products. She found it impossible. She's written a book titled "A Year Without Made in China"

Life Without Goods Made in China a Challenge : NPR

India, too, is heavily dependent on Chinese imports as reflected in huge and growing trade deficit of India with China:

Sara Bongiorni, an American woman from Louisiana, tried to live a year without Chinese products. She found it impossible. She's written a book titled "A Year Without Made in China"

Life Without Goods Made in China a Challenge : NPR

India, too, is heavily dependent on Chinese imports as reflected in huge and growing trade deficit of India with China:

Stop talking non-sense please.

The world does not depend on Chinese goods. Chinese goods manufacturing industry depends on the world. If china stops supplying goods to the world, it's not a problem for anyone but the chinese. The "made in china" tag will be replaced by thailand, vietnam, malaysia, india, taiwan, pakistan etc etc in no time. The only losers will be the chinese.

Stop talking non-sense please.

"The "made in china" tag will be replaced by thailand, vietnam, malaysia, india, taiwan, pakistan etc etc in no time. The only losers will be the chinese."

"in no time"?....That's what I call real nonsense!!

How long does it take to get all the factories up and running? And what will the consumers do in the meanwhile???

Can they go without food and medicine? Most of the active ingredients (APIs) for medicines made around the world come from China. And if they do find alternatives, how many will be able pay 2 to 3X the prices? Certainly not Indians. Indian pharma will shut down without Chinese active ingredients.

India relies on China for 90 per cent of drug raw materials - timesofindia-economictimes

And hpw will US build its latest greatest fighter jets without Chinese parts? Will all F-35s production shut down?

Exclusive: U.S. waived laws to keep F-35 on track with China-made parts| Reuters

How long does it take to get all the factories up and running? And what will the consumers do in the meanwhile???

Can they go without food and medicine? Most of the active ingredients (APIs) for medicines made around the world come from China. And if they do find alternatives, how many will be able pay 2 to 3X the prices? Certainly not Indians. Indian pharma will shut down without Chinese active ingredients.

India relies on China for 90 per cent of drug raw materials - timesofindia-economictimes

And hpw will US build its latest greatest fighter jets without Chinese parts? Will all F-35s production shut down?

Exclusive: U.S. waived laws to keep F-35 on track with China-made parts| Reuters

I understand you are betting big on China.
But as @SrNair said, you have all your eggs in one basket, pretty much the same story with US being repeated all over again. What will happen if the bubble bursts ? Do you have any contingency plan ?

Factories are already up and running....and factories are setup in very short times these days. Competition is too tough to be slow at setting factories up....

Also, EU and North America itself are the biggest API producers. And they produce top quality stuff. And most of USA API needs are met either by EU imports or local production. And yes you're right, India, Pakistan and other small poor countries will suffer if China stops API exports to them but then again China too will suffer if it stops supplying. USA is not dependent on China when it comes to APIs.

USA is already buying very very very expensive over priced military hardware from its local suppliers...Adding a few billions on to the defence budget will probably go unnoticeable....

And that is IF china stops supplying. And China will be stupid to stop supplying. If it stops supplying it destroys itself.

Also, the thing with USA is that it's a very wealthy country, they can afford the more expensive alternatives and offcourse, they can improve their tech to cut costs locally, which they are very very very good at.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom