What's new

Time for a fresh start - Rename Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gandhara doesn’t sound well, while instead of Indus I will prefer “ Mughal” name due to old history. Taxila also sounds well for our country name.
Taxila sounds beautiful.

Nice suggestions. Only issue I could see is Mughal could be seen as inflammatory like if Turkey kept Ottoman in their name. Taxila is too closely linked to Buddhism which will anger TLP types although its a really nice name. Needs to be something neutral.

Exactly.
Now Introduce yourself

So you are El Sidd?

I am Rohit Jyotish Kailashkumar Ramlakhan.
I just looked at the 'All Latest Replies' column on the main page of the Forums.
And I saw this discussion. So I came up with a name. That's about it.

So you are El Sidd?

I am Rohit Jyotish Kailashkumar Ramlakhan.
I just looked at the 'All Latest Replies' column on the main page of the Forums.
And I saw this discussion. So I came up with a name. That's about it.

No i am retired Troll

What flag is this? I am on the Mobile device

make Pakistan great Again ...
United States of Pakistan ?
United Non Arab Emirates ?
Kingdom of Pakistan ?
Imperial Pakistan ?
Democratic Pakistan ?
Islamic Pakistan ?
New Pakistan ?
Pak Pakistan ?
Islamic Emirates Of Pakistan ?
Pen Di Siri Pakistan ?
Deobandi Pakistan ?
Barelvi Pakistan ?
Hussiania Pakistan ?
Sunni Pakistan ?
Shia Pakistan ?
Ahmadiya Pakistan ?
Liberal Pakistan ?
Moderate Pakistan ?
Extremist Pakistan ?
Indus Pakistan ?
Punjab Pakistan ?
Pakhtoonistan Pakistan ?
Sharif Pakistan ?
BhuttoZardari Pakistan ?

take a pick ..

Pakistan is as much an Idea as it is a physical boundaries. The name has as much name appeal as it is imbued with by the people that hold the name give it. Any name you give it will be drawn from a geography that will limit its universality. The struggle for a Muslim homeland in the subcontinent and what the people have done with the name has made the name stick to the current political setup. Should the country be annexed or merged with another nation, then a name change maybe in order. Short of that, it is pointless to change for something so trivial as linguistically expediency.

Now if this is just for fun (Mental master....); then go with "Markhor"; the people will be Markhori. The name is two syllables like Chi-Na, or In-Dia, or Fr-ance, so you have "Mar-kor". Its a unique name, and we even have an image to go on this re branded flag.

https://www.thenews.com.pk//assets/uploads/updates/2018-05-13/316260_4441334_updates.jpg

Last edited:
Pakistan is as much an Idea as it is a physical boundaries. The name has as much name appeal as it is imbued with by the people that hold the name give it. Any name you give it will be drawn from a geography that will limit its universality. The struggle for a Muslim homeland in the subcontinent and what the people have done with the name has made the name stick to the current political setup. Should the country be annexed or merged with another nation, then a name change maybe in order. Short of that, it is pointless to change for something so trivial as linguistically expediency.

Pakistan doesn't need universality. Bangladesh and strategic depth in Afghanistan is a testament to that. It needs cohesion and deep roots for a solid foundation.

Ahh

How you doing over there. You People are quite jolly People.

So what was this daryadesh all about?

Well I currently live in The Netherlands, where I am doing fine. Thank you for asking.
Everything ok with you over there?

Daryadesh was something I made up for fun (I am kinda bored, nothing on tv, do not want to sleep yet).
Since the river the Indus is stretching throughout the whole of Pakistan, you could think of Pakistan as the Land of the River: Daryadesh or maybe Daryastan.

Well I currently live in The Netherlands, where I am doing fine. Thank you for asking.
Everything ok with you over there?

Daryadesh was something I made up for fun (I am kinda bored, nothing on tv, do not want to sleep yet).
Since the river the Indus is stretching throughout the whole of Pakistan, you could think of Pakistan as the Land of the River: Daryadesh or maybe Daryastan.

One more Stan and the OP may Go full nelson. Daryadesh well Thats just cynical given we basically are going through famine over here. For shame sir. For shame.

Yeah netherlands. Thats a boring name right there.

Everythings fine over at my side Alhumdulilah.

Hows the weather there? Maybe Go for a chilly late autumn walk.

My parents moved to Pakistan during the partition and nearly died along the way. They lost friends and family. They did it for the territory. Everything else is fluid. Nobody is taking your identity, its enhancing it. Making it unique. Stand out from the rest.

There is some merit in your thought process and not unique. The reason you want the name change is flawed.

I think it is mostly to do with identity crisis and incoherent Pakistan's nation state narrative. It might also have helped if the partition was clean without violence and the ongoing Kashmir issue.

Pakistan was expressly created with the stated objective of a nation for muslims of the sub continent at a particular time in history. I think Pakistan should stick with this narrative with the acknowledgement of its hindu/buddhist past. There is no weakness is accepting this. The ground reality today is Pakistan is muslim majority and that is not going to change.

If you look at modern day India every state is culturally and linguistically unique. What holds the people together is the attachment of the people to the ideals of Indian nation state. This is a very important distinction.

One more Stan and the OP may Go full nelson. Daryadesh well Thats just cynical given we basically are going through famine over here. For shame sir. For shame.

What? Are you serious? Or just trolling?

Yeah netherlands. Thats a boring name right there.

I said I was kinda bored, not that the name Daryadesh or Pakistan was boring.
You do not need to act all offended.

But I did not made up the name The Netherlands.
We also use Holland by the way.
Both names existed before I was born.
I haven't a problem with both.

In the end a name does not have to be exiting, it just needs to be remembered.
And a name will be remembered not by how it is written or how it sounds but by the actions of those who gave or were given that name.

Everythings fine over at my side Alhumdulilah.

Good.

Hows the weather there? Maybe Go for a chilly late autumn walk.

Again? Serious?
At the moment it is past midnight in The Netherlands.
I am not in the mood to walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom