What's new

Tillerson out, Pompeo in, this change is about Iran

ThereTwill be no war between Iran and the U. S, just posturing to gain compromises on certain issues. So people should calm down with this war talkt.

ThereTwill be no war between Iran and the U. S, just posturing to gain compromises on certain issues. So people should calm down with this war talkt.
even 0.1% is big number.
Only way that Iran can protect itself is push out western armies from 2000 km of its borders.
when our enemy directly threaten us by action, that is our right to push them back from our borders.
I can see confrontation will move to Indian ocean and Mediterranean sea very soon.

Putin has already intervened on Iran's behalf. The only thing left to do for Iran on the remaining 15% of occupied Syrian territory is to gradually and methodically eliminate resistance pockets of western backed jihadi's.

That, an Iranian backed SyAA along with a myriad of Iran's allies are doing rather well. Keep in mind it was a similar story in Iraq. Now thanks to ISIS and western backed terrorists, the Iraqi's have ethnically cleansed their country.

The results won't be any different in Syria either. The entire corridor extending from NW Afghanistan, all the way to the Mediterranean has literally been 'ethnically cleansed' of undesirable, violent and uneducated people.

Both Russia and China have huge stakes in this Eurasian integration game. Iran had no reason to do this dirty work and get involved, without reward!

The US and its pussy allies can only watch and rely on terrorist proxies, who have all been beaten to a pulp.

My opinion on this remains the same......you either invade, occupy dethrone the leadership in Tehran, or you nuke it! Neither is easy, doable or even plausible anymore.

I bet Khamenei quietly chuckles with both Putin and Xi at their success in literally resurrecting the old Persian empire. lol.........An unintended consequence........lol

CSTO is set in stone...

what you are saying is at best a verbal promise.... And in what context and in regards to what was it given?

was it in regards to Syria? A blank cheque promise to intervene incase of American military action?

what exactly do you think putin meant, and what do you think Russia will do in case of war? physically intervene? try to intercept American cruise missiles? launch attacks against American military assets? do you really think this is what putin meant if he even said I wont betray you?

If a war happened there would be no American warships in Persian gulf, they would stay away.
The point is you just see Persian gulf front line while the entire region from israel to Afghanistan where ever you could find American assets is front line, if they attack us israel would be attacked , their military bases in region would be attacked their 5th fleet of navy in Bahrain would be attacked we are not gonna fight them in our lands.. many other things that I can not say.

Despite all, I am telling you there is no war coming, just a circus to put pressure on Iranian decision makers, it happened before and after JCPoA .. during negotiation to reach JCPoA back in 2001, 2003 , 2006 , 2007 , 2009, 2011~12, during and at the end of Iran-Iraq war ,what happened?
The fact is they want to achieve what they can not achieve through war by scaring people about it and its dangerous consequences for Iran. John Bolton was in office with the same mindset and he couldn't do a $hit.
We must be prepared for any possibility & meanwhile make it clear that even war is not gonna change our policy. what we didn't do about sanctions.
They can't guarantee the shipping lanes without having a physical presence in the gulf. So they will at some point after the initial phase.

Iran's whole strategy for the past decade or two has been to make this type of war impossible. There will be no "limited" war, with only airstrikes (albeit, a lot of them). Iran will make sure everyone feels the pain.

The easiest thing I can bring up is the missiles. The US had total control of Iraqi airspace in 1991 and 2003 (and frankly, between them too) yet couldn't stop the scud launchers. So the BM force is survivable. Those BMs can retaliate to anyone hosting those aircraft - the Israelis, Saudis, Emiratis, Qataris, whatever. I'm talking strategic level destruction, with potentially thousands of BMs being launched, a lot of which will go to oil production facilities.

No offense, but I think we're yet to see anything resembling accurate Iranian ballistic missiles of the magnitude you good fellas have been touting to over a decade now. The 2 or 3 launched into Syria after the parliament attacks are hardly an example of either a successful attack or one against an enemy who has the latest missile defense system.

The other issue is the extreme danger to Iran of any retaliation against any other host country. What happens then is you open the door for a coalition to come to the defense of these countries. Let's say you launch a couple missiles toward the US base in Qatar; you strike the base or near the base that's one thing. You start hitting Doha or any other city and now you've invited all the powers that have a share or stake in Qatar. The Brits will be the first to come flying in now that you've opened the door wide. That's a very dangerous strategy that I think many folks just use out of the need to show Iran's retaliatory level, but don't consider the magnitude of that side effect. Besides, the US is not that stupid to put certain nations at risk for something like that. It has options to extend the base distance besides Qatar, Iraq or even the Gulf/Indian ocean.

Speaking of oil, Iran can (temporarily) close the Straits of Hormuz with small mine laying boats and ships, as well as a huge number FAC and dozens of submarines. There are also a large number of coastal missile batteries. These assets could also threaten a US aircraft carrier. A Khalij Fars ASHBM could inflict an embarrassing mission kill. Closing the straits for even a week would decimate the world economy. The panic alone will accelerate whatever actual economic damage is done.

Again, though, for the sake of a retaliatory strike you're risking opening the door to a much larger contingent that might not have been keen on joining the initial strikes. But now that their interests are at stake, they'll be more than glad to jump into the fray and that's the last thing Iran would want. The Brits come to mind as well as China. That's a brutally frightful thought for Iranians. Imagine a Chinese fleet working with an American one to clear out the SoH? Ooof, bro. I wouldn't even count out the Indian Navy getting involved now that India/US relations are warming up like never before, and let's not forget the Indian/Israeli love affair that's gotten to a touchy-feely stage now! lol.

Plus, do you know how many times the US has exercised mine clearing drills just in the SoH? When you say Iran has been preparing for exactly this type of attack or war, the same exact thing can be said about the superpowers at hand, right?

My point is that it's not as simple as you might think and is very much quite dangerous.

Not to mention Iran has a legion of proxies across the region it can call to its help, to cause absolute havoc for US forces in Iraq and Syria, as well as Hezbollah's obvious threat to Israel.

This I will give to you any day of the week and you know that this is essentially the main issue that has this whole situation brewing for all these years. The fear that Iran can spread its tentacles not just into Syria, but especially Lebanon. Essentially why we're at this point. Unfortunately many civilians in Lebanon will feel the pain of this.

No chance. It has been tried numerous times by Saddam, and failed every time, in the weakest state of the government.

How many groups are poised to take over the Iranian Mullahs within Iran? I realize that even if the Mullahs are disliked by the majority of the people, in time of war they will band in solidarity but there is always the danger that some inner struggle takes place during a war and a change is made, or at least attempted, especially if the war is going badly. So I'm not sure there isn't a chance. There's always a chance.

Mach 3??? No more than Mach 1.2, my friend.

Sorry, mach 1.2 lol.

Because, like I said, Trump does not have the will. He ran the campaign to expand the Trump brand. Now he's in the white house he's getting slated by the media, congress, and is making consistently unpopular policies. The only way he could make it worse is by starting a big war. Trump is a huge narcissist and won't want to be barraged by the media any more.

Contrary to popular opinion, it is actually hard to run a war from a work standpoint., especially as a president. Do you honestly think Trump will put the work in? Or just sit in front of the TV watching Foxandfriends, tweeting to everyone to join him?

Here's the thing that worries me: this guy currently has the approval rating of a rotten sardine here in the US. He wants to get reelected without a doubt. What is the best way to ensure he stays in power amidst a not so popular presidency? The same exact thing that helped GWB get reelected and besides that, Trump needs a big foreign policy victory and after the Jerusalem embassy move, the shameless Netanyahu visit that had nothing but Iran written all over it (and he's most likely going to be facing corruption charges in Israel so he also needs a boost that will help him as well) and the slow replacement of all those close to Trump who have been advising against war on Iran are being replaced by ones who not only favor it, but scream it out loud. Everything is pointing in that direction. This is what's scary about this current scenario. There is no level-headed Barack Obama anymore. We have a crazy bastard lunatic who will do whatever it takes to ensure his status continues and is doing everything that points in that direction. It sucks.

This won't exceed 4000 cruise missiles in first wave of attack.

That was an awesome post! Ok, so what did I say, 8000? So basically in 2 waves they can send 8000 Tomahawks into Iran. That's ridiculously frightening, isn't it?

Now add in the other platforms that are sending other types of heavy, precision guided munitions. MOABs, SDBs etc. 18 B-52s flying at high altitude dropping dumb bombs (as well as GBUs) what's the math there? Terrible prospect. Let's hope none of this happens with this crazy SOB and particularly his new friends.

No offense, but I think we're yet to see anything resembling accurate Iranian ballistic missiles of the magnitude you good fellas have been touting to over a decade now. The 2 or 3 launched into Syria after the parliament attacks are hardly an example of either a successful attack or one against an enemy who has the latest missile defense system.

The other issue is the extreme danger to Iran of any retaliation against any other host country. What happens then is you open the door for a coalition to come to the defense of these countries. Let's say you launch a couple missiles toward the US base in Qatar; you strike the base or near the base that's one thing. You start hitting Doha or any other city and now you've invited all the powers that have a share or stake in Qatar. The Brits will be the first to come flying in now that you've opened the door wide. That's a very dangerous strategy that I think many folks just use out of the need to show Iran's retaliatory level, but don't consider the magnitude of that side effect. Besides, the US is not that stupid to put certain nations at risk for something like that. It has options to extend the base distance besides Qatar, Iraq or even the Gulf/Indian ocean.

Again, though, for the sake of a retaliatory strike you're risking opening the door to a much larger contingent that might not have been keen on joining the initial strikes. But now that their interests are at stake, they'll be more than glad to jump into the fray and that's the last thing Iran would want. The Brits come to mind as well as China. That's a brutally frightful thought for Iranians. Imagine a Chinese fleet working with an American one to clear out the SoH? Ooof, bro. I wouldn't even count out the Indian Navy getting involved now that India/US relations are warming up like never before, and let's not forget the Indian/Israeli love affair that's gotten to a touchy-feely stage now! lol.

Plus, do you know how many times the US has exercised mine clearing drills just in the SoH? When you say Iran has been preparing for exactly this type of attack or war, the same exact thing can be said about the superpowers at hand, right?

My point is that it's not as simple as you might think and is very much quite dangerous.

This I will give to you any day of the week and you know that this is essentially the main issue that has this whole situation brewing for all these years. The fear that Iran can spread its tentacles not just into Syria, but especially Lebanon. Essentially why we're at this point. Unfortunately many civilians in Lebanon will feel the pain of this.

How many groups are poised to take over the Iranian Mullahs within Iran? I realize that even if the Mullahs are disliked by the majority of the people, in time of war they will band in solidarity but there is always the danger that some inner struggle takes place during a war and a change is made, or at least attempted, especially if the war is going badly. So I'm not sure there isn't a chance. There's always a chance.

Sorry, mach 1.2 lol.

Here's the thing that worries me: this guy currently has the approval rating of a rotten sardine here in the US. He wants to get reelected without a doubt. What is the best way to ensure he stays in power amidst a not so popular presidency? The same exact thing that helped GWB get reelected and besides that, Trump needs a big foreign policy victory and after the Jerusalem embassy move, the shameless Netanyahu visit that had nothing but Iran written all over it (and he's most likely going to be facing corruption charges in Israel so he also needs a boost that will help him as well) and the slow replacement of all those close to Trump who have been advising against war on Iran are being replaced by ones who not only favor it, but scream it out loud. Everything is pointing in that direction. This is what's scary about this current scenario. There is no level-headed Barack Obama anymore. We have a crazy bastard lunatic who will do whatever it takes to ensure his status continues and is doing everything that points in that direction. It sucks.

That was an awesome post! Ok, so what did I say, 8000? So basically in 2 waves they can send 8000 Tomahawks into Iran. That's ridiculously frightening, isn't it?

Now add in the other platforms that are sending other types of heavy, precision guided munitions. MOABs, SDBs etc. 18 B-52s flying at high altitude dropping dumb bombs (as well as GBUs) what's the math there? Terrible prospect. Let's hope none of this happens with this crazy SOB and particularly his new friends.

we already are finished , Islamic Republic just crushed our economy and our environment with mismanagement and inflict heavy and mortal wound to our economy that even WWI , WWII and Iraq-Iran war couldn't do that to Iran ....

at this rate , its matter of time for Iran to fall apart ....

my countrymen and specially users like AmirPatroit , Serpetine and gamble everything on this government and nuclear deal that goes wrong because its was bad deal from start ( as I predicted and was insulted repeatedly by my countrymen ) , and Iranian are stubborn as hell , so they won't admit to total defeat of Iran ...

just I gave you a number to see the depth of hypocrite of Islamic Republic Administrators ....

more than 4000 children of Islamic Republic Administrators are educating in UK !!!!

for sure all of these guys have UK and other western countries nationality and can take their parent ( Islamic Republic Administrators ) to their second homeland if something goes wrong ...

They are going to continue to weaken Iran economically. Iranian government will continue to weaken the economy as well cause of their stupidity, and then they'll repeatedly attack Iran, over and over like they did Iraq. Iran is finished at this rate

They are going to continue to weaken Iran economically. Iranian government will continue to weaken the economy as well cause of their stupidity, and then they'll repeatedly attack Iran, over and over like they did Iraq. Iran is finished at this rate

no , they are doing this on purpose ... after all they only care about themselves and sending our remaining wealth to western countries ....

no , they are doing this on purpose ... after all they only care about themselves and sending our remaining wealth to western countries ....

Except Western Europe pretends to be against Iran, but In reality they accept Iranian wealth into their banks like in Switzerland, and use that money to develop their own countries.

No offense, but I think we're yet to see anything resembling accurate Iranian ballistic missiles of the magnitude you good fellas have been touting to over a decade now.

The 2 or 3 launched into Syria

7, of which 5 were the terminally guided Zolfaqar, and 2 were the less accurate Qiam. From UAV footage, we estimated the Zolfaqars to have an accuracy of about 50 metres. And there are plenty more missiles with similar accuracy - the Fateh-110/313, Emad, and Khalije Fars.

fateh110eo_31.jpg

Khalije Fars missile impact on a floating target

And anyway, the accurate missiles in Iran's inventory aren't meant for strategic damage. Iran has a large number of missiles like the Shahab series, the Qiam (which has been messing with Saudi missile defences as recently as yesterday), Ghadr and other types that, while they have relatively large CEPs of around 500 metres, are more than enough to cause significant disruption to large installations like oil production facilities, airports etc.

If we're already being attacked by the US, the 5-10% extra damage that a limited British contingent or symbolic Arab response (let's be honest, they'll let the US do most of the work, seeing as they started it) is not a high cost compared to the deterrent value.

Firstly, I completely refute that the Chinese or Indians will do anything. Neither nations' navies are geared towards expeditionary warfare, and both have good relations with Iran. They would not blame us for fighting back against the Americans (especially not the Chinese... Chinese-US joint naval taskforce lol).

As for the issue of closing the SoH - this is like Iran's very own nuclear deterrent. Remember, in 2012 when it was more likely than ever that Iran and the US would go to war, Iran was threatening to close the straits in the event that it was attacked. Everyone knows that using it will invite massive retaliation upon Iran. But it's mutually assured destruction. Just the sheer amount of damage closing the straits could do is a huge deterrent to the west. Remember, it is a DETERRENT. The very power of it means that no-one will risk it being used on them. It doesn't matter how much damage it could do to Iran if we use it, so long as we never have to.

I invite you to read the following articles:

Millennium Challenge 2002 - a US military exercise simulating an attack on Iran. The result was 19 US ships sunk.

https://warontherocks.com/2015/11/m...a-corrupted-military-exercise-and-its-legacy/

In a mine-clearing exercise in 2012, less than half of the 29 mines were detected. Bear in mind that Iran has up to 5000 sea mines.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/27/us-iran-mine-warfare-persian-gulf_n_1304107.html

We helped Lebanon kick out the Israeli invaders, I'm sure they will help us. Similar to how Syria was Iran's only Arab ally when Saddam attacked, and we repaid it by helping it fight terrorism. But the main point is that the US will have to deal with its troops in Iraq and other places being targeted.

How many groups are poised to take over the Iranian Mullahs within Iran?

None. There are some groups that would certainly want to overthrow the government, but they are weakened and have no presence in the country. These are groups like the MEK, PDKI etc. And all officers loyal to the shah are long gone.

but there is always the danger that some inner struggle takes place during a war and a change is made, or at least attempted, especially if the war is going badly. So I'm not sure there isn't a chance.

Like I said, there were previous attempts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nojeh_coup_plot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Kurdish_rebellion_in_Iran

All failed, and at a time when the revolution was at its most unstable and fragile.

The war actually has to be a success for those approval ratings to go up. For the reasons I've outlined above, I don't think it would be. Mattis as SecDef doesn't think so either.

NO, that is not frightening.
Actually that is nothing. with this number of tomahawk missiles (4000) American are unable to naturalized just two provinces of Iran in south east part of country.
American won't send their heavy bombers till naturalized Iran air defense and Iran provided shield for all of its weapons by cements and they are mostly under ground or under shelters.
450 kg warhead of tomahawk missiles are too small and 4000# is too low for first wave of attack and I am sure Iran is able to shot down at least half of 4000 tomahawk in first wave of attack.
American war on Iran is just the bluff to frightening us and get point from us.

NO, that is not frightening.
Actually that is nothing. with this number of tomahawk missiles (4000) American are unable to naturalized just two provinces of Iran in south east part of country.
American won't send their heavy bombers till naturalized Iran air defense and Iran provided shield for all of its weapons by cements and they are mostly under ground or under shelters.
450 kg warhead of tomahawk missiles are too small and 4000# is too low for first wave of attack and I am sure Iran is able to shot down at least half of 4000 tomahawk in first wave of attack.
American war on Iran is just the bluff to frightening us and get point from us.

Iran can't shoot down 2000 cruise missiles, lets not be exaggerating here. and 4000 Is more than enough to destroy most of Iran's above ground targets.

Iran can't shoot down 2000 cruise missiles, lets not be exaggerating here. and 4000 Is more than enough to destroy most of Iran's above ground targets.
Well, as it was said earlier, this is all propaganda, if anyone wanted or could attack Iran it would have been done already. With that said, I think it's smart to start mobilizing just to be ready. One last thing when was the last time the U.S. fired 8000 or 4000 Tomahawk missiles? Umm, never. A large attack will lead to large destabilization in the region. They absolutely don't want or need that. As Amirpatriot mentioned the closing of the Strait is our best deterrence.

The USN currently has less than 4000 Tomahawks in it's stockpile:
"The U.S. Navy, which currently has some 4,000 Tomahawks, plans to stop buying the venerable weapon in the next few years. Service leaders haven’t fully articulated their plans to replace it, but they have started talking about the need for a “Next Generation Land Attack Weapon” slated to enter service more than a decade hence".
http://www.defenseone.com/business/...ying-tomahawk-missiles-ones-hit-syria/136866/

Well, as it was said earlier, this is all propaganda, if anyone wanted or could attack Iran it would have been done already. With that said, I think it's smart to start mobilizing just to be ready. One last thing when was the last time the U.S. fired 8000 or 4000 Tomahawk missiles? Umm, never. A large attack will lead to large destabilization in the region. They absolutely don't want or need that. As Amirpatriot mentioned the closing of the Strait is our best deterrence.

"The U.S. Navy, which currently has some 4,000 Tomahawks, plans to stop buying the venerable weapon in the next few years. Service leaders haven’t fully articulated their plans to replace it, but they have started talking about the need for a “Next Generation Land Attack Weapon” slated to enter service more than a decade hence".
http://www.defenseone.com/business/...ying-tomahawk-missiles-ones-hit-syria/136866/

as far as I know , USA used 3000 Tomhawk against Iraq .... and they just fired 59 tomhawk to Syria for just show their power ...

USA has an old stock of Tomhawk and other missiles and bombs which are going to expire any way , so they will use them in first week of war in high numbers against their enemy ....

USA doesn't need to pay extra money for 4000 Tomhawk , because they already produced those missiles and those old missiles are going to expire any way , so they will use it ....

and don't except USA just publicly mention how much missiles they have ...

Last edited:

Thank you Kastor very useful article and that is my point US does not have 4000 tomahawk ready in region (compare that with 802 tomahawk American fired in all of 2003 invasion of Iraq) at time of war and even if it has, it can not fire all of them at once. probably firing this amount of tomahawk and coordinating b/w different US navy units take hours of hours during operation b/c they need to fire several missiles for important targets from different direction path and then get confirmation of successful hit.
also base on what I read in article many of these tomahawk cruise missiles are very old and they are expired.
you know better than me the military missiles b/c of their fuels have expiry date and after that date the chance of failure will increase hugely.
my guess is that probably 15% of them will fail before reaching the destination. Also each tomahawk cost more than 1.5 million $ and 4000 of them cost more than 6 billion dollars.
from your article
Todd Harrison, a defense budget expert with the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, said it would cost the Pentagon about $89 million to replace the 59 Tomahawks that stuck Syria early Friday morning local time
another point is that around 450 kg war head is not big enough to create big damages in the cost/effective point of veiw. Sha'irat attack shows that.

watch below videos
Iranian military personals visits base and see impact of tomahawk also tomahawk is cruise missile and unlike ballistic ones does not have high speed during impact time and that create them more sissy in compare to ballistic ones but more accurate. The other point is that Iran has big cement production in the world and spend a lot of money on the anti impact/explosion cement research.
https://financialtribune.com/articl...ran-plans-to-raise-cement-output-to-120m-tons
In summary, American tomahawk first wave attack is not scary unlike it looks like.

as far as I know , USA used 3000 Tomhawk against Iraq .... and they just fired 59 tomhawk to Syria for just show their power ...

USA has an old stock of Tomhawk and other missiles and bombs which are going to expire any way , so they will use them in first week of war in high numbers against their enemy ....

USA doesn't need to pay extra money for 4000 Tomhawk , because they already produced those missiles and those old missiles are going to expire any way , so they will use it ....

and don't except USA just publicly mention how much missiles they have ...
3000 Tomhawk ????????
what is your source
the number I found was 802

Back
Top Bottom