What's new

Tigris Shield Peace Operation Updates & Discussions

Peh stupids.. How on earth they believed without Turkey they can survive in the first place? They have no other chance than bending before us. We respected them but they tried to stabbed us from back now it's time to treat them like dogs.

krg is almost as pkk.. they showed what their intentions are on their TV and actions! we should bleed them out and seek their destruction and the compleate control of this area by the iraqi government.. that would be the best thing for a long term soulution..

we should remind us that US and EU wants to have a kurdish state and KRG is one of their plans

krg is almost as pkk.. they showed what their intentions are on their TV and actions! we should bleed them out and seek their destruction and the compleate control of this area by the iraqi government.. that would be the best thing for a long term soulution..

we should remind us that US and EU wants to have a kurdish state and KRG is one of their plans
I'm pretty sure, that the Iraqi Gov is actually "hoping" for that...
By letting Turkey get in, they hope to weaken KRG and therefore tilt the balance of Power in their favors.

What's the goal of this operation ISiS is gone PYD/YPG almost defeated then why again a new operation?
To liberate the Haremain and cleanse the Ka'ba off fake and false Idols under the jurisdiction of Sura El Feth.....

*Turkish Army is called "the Hearth of the Messenger" and soldiers "Little Muhammeds (Mehmetchik)"....
**During the Afrin campaign, they bobby trapped the Kuran-i Kerim and put it on the ground. As a Mehmetchik saw it he tried to pick it up (it is customary to kiss it and touch on the forehead), and it blasted. While trying to protect the honor of the Kuran-i Kerim he embraced Shehadet. Elhamdulillah the Kuran-i Kerim can now plead to the RAB for the easy victory of the Turkish Army for it's pages are drenched with the blood of Mehmetchik...
Match these and be my guest to be the liberator of the Haremain....

Last edited by a moderator:
@cabatli_53 are you sure on the upcoming operation bro?
Ground offensive in Iraq I’d expect, but in a sooner time as close as today, that makes me wonder whats all with this hurry.

@cabatli_53 are you sure on the upcoming operation bro?
Ground offensive in Iraq I’d expect, but in a sooner time as close as today, that makes me wonder whats all with this hurry.
Could be in relation with upcoming Iraqi Election in May,12th
And KRG Election in July, 1st

Better do it, When the GReen Light is given with current Gov, You never know what the next may think...

So the mighty PMU is not strong enough for pkk in iraq ahaha, didn't they cried back in the days. Respect our sovereignty or we will attack you. They have give us time to leave, in the end empty words. And now they need us, well i didn't forget.

fak themmm...

USA delegation sent asking Baghdad to let Pesh redeploy in 'disputed areas'

I think it will not be a problem at all. I think @TheCamelGuy can give us his point of view.

Yes it will be met with political resistance, no matter what political party or entity you approach based on several reasons.

One of short-term and of highest priority is the elections which are close this year, no political figure is going to approve of it as it is not beneficial politically.

However, it remains to talks as defending PKK is not of Baghdad's concern, Baghdad's problem is the KRG which is the entity that holds the land where the PKK resides. Sinjar's YBS or something I forgot the name militia is segregated from Qandil, operates on small scale locally surrounded by ISF and falls under Baghdad's chain of command, not that of the PKK.

Anyway I don't follow it much, may it all turn out well for everyone I guess.

--

Cleaning PKK from Iraq is an operation that requires tackling, focusing, changing the KRG leadership's policies with regards to its northern territories (Qandil). A military operation focused on PKK combatants is not going to solve it, and there are already bases which are not stopping it either. This one is unlikely to result is major changes as it requires jointly Baghdad effort against the KRG given their stronger legal abiltity to influence them as it falls under the Iraqi state. That effort from Baghdad exists, though the US shields the KRG which is why this is unlikely to result in a major change.

USA delegation sent asking Baghdad to let Pesh redeploy in 'disputed areas'

Yes it will be met with political resistance, no matter what political party or entity you approach based on several reasons.

One of short-term and of highest priority is the elections which are close this year, no political figure is going to approve of it as it is not beneficial politically.

However, it remains to talks as defending PKK is not of Baghdad's concern, Baghdad's problem is the KRG which is the entity that holds the land where the PKK resides. Sinjar's YBS or something I forgot the name militia is segregated from Qandil, operates on small scale locally surrounded by ISF and falls under Baghdad's chain of command, not that of the PKK.

Anyway I don't follow it much, may it all turn out well for everyone I guess.

--

Cleaning PKK from Iraq is an operation that requires tackling, focusing, changing the KRG leadership's policies with regards to its northern territories (Qandil). A military operation focused on PKK combatants is not going to solve it, and there are already bases which are not stopping it either. This one is unlikely to result is major changes as it requires jointly Baghdad effort against the KRG given their stronger legal abiltity to influence them as it falls under the Iraqi state. That effort from Baghdad exists, though the US shields the KRG which is why this is unlikely to result in a major change.
And how are we going to work together if such operation will be opposed? How are we going to destroy PKK in Iraq? Looking at the state of the Iraqi security forces busy with ISIS right now if they are not going to clean the mountains then who is going to do it? If we are going to rely on KRG then we are lost. If the Iraqi authorities don't take measures then we will not have other choice but to act with you or without you.

And how are we going to work together if such operation will be opposed? How are we going to destroy PKK in Iraq? Looking at the state of the Iraqi security forces busy with ISIS right now if they are not going to clean the mountains then who is going to do it? If we are going to rely on KRG then we are lost. If the Iraqi authorities don't take measures then we will not have other choice but to act with you or without you.

ISF has got the resources (manpower and financial) to allocate them for a large operation against the PKK, IS is defeated and is a small-scale problem now that is dealt with in counter-insurgency ops which do not require many troops. However, ISF has no experience in mountain warfare although that is not the main issue.

There is no political agreement, and KRG is never going to combat the PKK as the PKK is their naturaly ally. For Baghdad to combat the PKK they would have to send their forces far north in the KRG which would require a more aggressive policy from Baghdad. The US would not approve of this, just as they disapproved of Baghdad's attempt to link with the Turkish border and cut KRG from the YPG.

What i'm saying is that dismantling PKK in Iraq requires cleaning the north (KRG), not just a few caves. They blend in with the people, they even made their way to Kirkuk which is far away from the north. The PKK has free roam throughout the KRG, as long as the KRG governs northern Iraq the PKK will have a safe-zone to operate against Iraq, Iran, Turkey and Syria.

ISF has got the resources (manpower and financial) to allocate them for a large operation against the PKK, IS is defeated and is a small-scale problem now that is dealt with in counter-insurgency ops which do not require many troops. However, ISF has no experience in mountain warfare although that is not the main issue.

There is no political agreement, and KRG is never going to combat the PKK as the PKK is their naturaly ally. For Baghdad to combat the PKK they would have to send their forces far north in the KRG which would require a more aggressive policy from Baghdad. The US would not approve of this, just as they disapproved of Baghdad's attempt to link with the Turkish border and cut KRG from the YPG.

What i'm saying is that dismantling PKK in Iraq requires cleaning the north (KRG), not just a few caves. They blend in with the people, they even made their way to Kirkuk which is far away from the north. The PKK has free roam throughout the KRG, as long as the KRG governs northern Iraq the PKK will have a safe-zone to operate against Iraq, Iran, Turkey and Syria.

Well... Another problem... is "Confessional"...
Let's be honest... Having an increase of "Shia forces+Influence" in the North... will not be the best Ingredient for peace and/or Civilian Acceptance... even less right now...

KRG has a good US support base... that will keep her "Strong"...
This US influence is also working to keep Iraqi central gov far enough...

So... One of the only solution for Iraq gov... is to find a free electron... that is willing to jump in and therefore share the pressure "burden"... and that is Turkey.

If something wrong happen in the process... they can always say " It's Turkey, not me"...

The problem of Turkey is the border areas from where they cross to Turkish territory. If we have to be clear PKK is not a problem for Iraq its a problem for Turkey. KRG will give a support for such operation and even joint operation can occur like in the past but what about the Iraqi central government? What is stopping the Iraqi central government to give a green light for the solution of the biggest problem of Turkey? It would be good if we act together but as I see there is little hope so we will most probably act on our own. “If (Baghdad) cannot, we may turn up in Sinjar suddenly one night and clean up the PKK there”.

Back
Top Bottom