What's new

Ties with Pakistan not against India

Ambassador sitting in India probably don't have inside knowledge or try to avoid further grilling of questions.

Russia may deliver to Pakistan a few units Su-35 fighter jets, reported military-informant.com. This was announced by the Assistant Russian President Vladimir Kozhin, RIA Novosti reported. The Su-35 has not previously been supplied abroad. Currently we are discussing a contract for the sale of fighter jets to China. The Russian Air Force has ordered 48 production units, designated Su-35S, of the newly revamped Su-35. Both Su-35 models marketed to many countries, including Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, and South Korea, but so far have not attracted any export orders. Sukhoi originally projected that it would export more than 160 units of the second modernized Su-35 worldwide

Read more at: Pakistan orders Su-35 fighter jets from Russia | Defence blog

su-35.jpg

Despite long standing ties with India, Russia may sell Su-35 Flanker-E fighter to Pakistan
In what would potentially be the largest defence deal between the two countries, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is in talks with Russia to buy Su-35 'Flanker-E' fighter aircraft, say IHF Janes reports.

A senior Pakistani government official shared the information while responding to Russian media reports that Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov had said talks were underway for an unspecified number of Su-35s, which follow a recent agreement to provide Mi-35M 'Hind E' attack helicopters to Islamabad.

Though no decision has been made yet and no terms of the deal have been disclosed, discussions between the two countries shows Russia's willingness to sell advanced hardware to Pakistan despite Moscow's longstanding ties with India.

The official said Pakistan's interest in the Su-35 was driven by the PAF's need for a twin-engine fighter "that can fly for a longer range than the JF-17 and penetrate more deeply into the enemy's territory".

The PAF flies a mixed fleet of Lockheed Martin F-16s, Dassault Mirage-5s, Chinese-manufactured F-7s, and the JF-17 Thunder, which is jointly produced by China and Pakistan.

In November 2014 a senior Pakistani official told IHS Jane's that Pakistan was in discussions with China to buy 30 to 40 FC-31s - the export version of China's J-31 fifth-generation platform.

At the time, the official had told IHS Jane's that Pakistan was interested in the platform partly because it was fitted with two RD-93 Russian Klimov engines, which also powers the JF-17. PAF officials have also told IHS Jane's in the past that they have considered the purchase of up to 40 Chengdu J-10 fighters.
Ties with Pakistan not against India
A defence blog... what the need to post them with big font.. lolz

Pakistan can buy SU-35..who cares..It'll simply impose more pressure on Pakistan as Russian Fighters will need entire new infrastructure to maintain it..They're struggling to buy JF-17 in enough numbers..8 years after induction,I wonder if 50 is in service(actually JF-17 is yet to clear IOC/FOC and according to officials,are yet in development phase).

Pakistan can buy SU-35..who cares..It'll simply impose more pressure on Pakistan as Russian Fighters will need entire new infrastructure to maintain it..They're struggling to buy JF-17 in enough numbers..8 years after induction,I wonder if 50 is in service(actually JF-17 is yet to clear IOC/FOC and according to officials,are yet in development phase).
I dont understand what role the SU 35 is gonna play in their AF which their current inventory cant do it already? One side the Pakistanis go hyper when they talk about RCS of SU30 MKI but now they are ok with SU35?
That too limited numbers? Does that even make sense? Actually Chinese would be upset with this SU35 deal because PAF choose SU35 over chinese J11

I dont understand what role the SU 35 is gonna play in their AF which their current inventory cant do it already? One side the Pakistanis go hyper when they talk about RCS of SU30 MKI but now they are ok with SU35?
That too limited numbers? Does that even make sense? Actually Chinese would be upset with this SU35 deal because PAF choose SU35 over chinese J11

China is not going to sell J-11 anytime soon.

Rolf!!! @Imran Khan @Irfan Baloch @Paksanity What did I say? I said Russia will never sell. These news are just conformation of Pakistan side that they requested for su35 along with MI35...

Russia says
I would also like to respond to the idle talk and pure invention of the media by reiterating that Russia has not discussed and does not have any plans to sell Su-35aircraft to Pakistan.

Russia insist on Shimla agreement and UFA Pact

Dude this su35 deal will be counter productive for both Russia and Pakistan. Pakistan will be crippled if it want to operate heavy fighters like Sukois. Let alone Sukois even Mig will be a trusted platform without lots of resources pumped to maintain it and just to keep them flying let alone the upgrades.

Am saying it again. If atal Sukois will touch Pakistan air space it could be MKI during wartime. Period

LOL seriously man. I appreciate your never give up attitude
yet another thread? thanks for tagging me but I already dismissed the news well before. the Pakistani posters were trolling you guys and some Indians took it to heart and too serious prompting a sticky for this subject.

you think this is the end of discussion here? no there will be more threads from both sides.

enjoy

I doubt over "Pakistan's Purchasing Capability" more than over "Russia/China's selling capability"
India is the biggest recipient of US charity

India top recipient of US economic aid - The Times of India

is this how you fund your space and defence program?

hmm?

yet another thread? thanks for tagging me but I already dismissed the news well before. the Pakistani posters were trolling you guys and some Indians took it to heart and too serious prompting a sticky for this subject.

you think this is the end of discussion here? no there will be more threads from both sides.

enjoy

India is the biggest recipient of US charity

India top recipient of US economic aid - The Times of India

is this how you fund your space and defence program?

hmm?

atleast study something before writting there is difference between economic assiatance and economic aid .

economic assistance is given in medical , education , development (building road and houses) etc not military ,satellite, defence . but economic aid can be a military and economic which u guys are getting for many year , also as our economic assistance decreased with span of time and ur aid increased with time . also if we compare the economic aid tht u got is much higher in per capita than india. also tht article u posted also quotes this"Pakistan, which received $ 44.4 billion in economic aid for a population one-sixth of India's, also got with $12.9 billion in military assistance from the US through regular channels, not counting the billions it bilked more recently in the form of coalition support funds".

this is link for ur aid increasing with time www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s1299.pdf

Relations, which Russia develops with countries of the world, are not directed against anybody. Particularly, Russia’s policy in South Asia is consistently based on principles of promotion of regional stability and non-interference into the affairs of sovereign states and bilateral disputes. India is our historic and special and privileged strategic
partner, and we have always been mindful and will continue to consider in the first place the Indian security concerns. This is our natural choice. The unique level of mutual trust and understanding on almost every issue of the international agenda should leave no scope for doubt about the future of the Russian-Indian ties even for sceptics.

If selling sun-30mkk to China doesn't disrupt relationship between Russia India then there is no logic selling few squadron of su-35 will cut relation with Russia as both have interdependence on each other. Moreover Russia is upgrading a already deadly beast mki to spuer sukhoi standart so India's security will not seriously compromise. It also promote regional stability as Russian ambassador claim.

If selling sun-30mkk to China doesn't disrupt relationship between Russia India then there is no logic selling few squadron of su-35 will cut relation with Russia as both have interdependence on each other. Moreover Russia is upgrading a already deadly beast mki to spuer sukhoi standart so India's security will not seriously compromise. It also promote regional stability as Russian ambassador claim.
china is not India's mortal enemy unlike pak.... Indo pak relationship is quite contrast... simple Su 35 is superior to any jet in Indian inventory. .. considering Russian pak relations ... no way pak going to get that much superior platform...

oye khuda ka naam maan ye paise ki baat na kr.

janta hai hum agar aur kuch ni to gaas kha kr bhi paise jama kr lengay,bus russia ki haan ka intizar hai
It has been 50 years since you have been eating grass. Too much grass is making your brain dead . :-)

Back
Top Bottom