What's new

Ticketing Crisis a Failure for India, Cricket Fans

Handful of tickets??? over 70% of the stadium was kept reserved for the VIP's... Since when did we have VIP's who occupy 70% of the stadiums seat??

Didn't the stadium authorities know this then?... They were very well aware of how many tickets were on sale. The point I am trying to make is that you are wrongfully trying to blame it on the Police rather than question the local cricket association. It is clear that they were trying to peddle the tickets in the black market and therefore should be accountable for this ruckus on the street and bringing a bad name to cricket in Bangalore.

I was very very disappointed to se people getting beated... It was heart breaking scene....(their only fault is that they love cricket)

I was very disappointed from Kumble and Srinath... was expecting so much from them when they were appointed president of KSCA.. I thought it is starting of new era when cricketers like Ganguly,Dravid etc will take over the powers from politicians in future....

Shameful repeat: Cricket fans caned in Nagpur

Cricket fans on Tuesday were lathicharged over ticket sale ahead of India South Africa match outside the Vidarbha Cricket Association in Nagpur, according to media reports. Ticket counters have been closed till as there was heavy deployment of police in the area. In a similar incident, police in Bangalore clashed with fans on Feb 24 who swarmed to buy tickets in Bangalore's Chinnaswamy ground.

Violence had erupted after fans were told all 7000 tickets allocated for public sale for the 50,000-seat stadium sold out, sparking accusations by the ICC that its own president Sharad Pawar was guilty of mismanagement in the ticket distribution process.

@S_O_C_O_M,

All I can say against your this thread that you really got a "Superb" avatar.

Back
Top Bottom