What's new

Tibetans set fire to themselves in China to demand return of Dalai Lama

Filmmaker

Reaction score
Country
India
A Tibetan burned himself to death and another was taken away by the authorities on Friday as the number of self-immolation protests against China's rule rose to 14 since March, exile groups said .

The two cases near Kirti Monastery in Aba, Sichuan Province, come days before Britain and China meet for a human rights dialogue.

Citing eye witnesses, Free Tibet said a lay protester called for the return of Tibet's exiled spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, before setting himself alight. The flames were extinguished by soldiers and he was taken away.

Soon after, a second man is said to have burned himself to death. The body was removed by the authorities, the group said in a statement.

It was too late to verify the claims with the government.

Kirti has witnessed the vast majority of the 14 self-sacrifices, mostly of monks and nuns who resist restrictions on their religious practice and freedom of movement. At least six have died.

The Dalai Lama has condemned the self-immolations, but accused China of forcing such desperate acts on people through a policy of "cultural genocide".

China blames the Dalai Lama for co-ordinating the protests because he has led prayers for the victims. China says it allows freedom of worship and brings economic development to Tibetan communities.

The exiled Kirti abbott, Kyabje Kirti Rinpoche, said, however, that monks are kept under a state of "virtual martial law". Independent verification is difficult because China does not allow foreign journalists into the area.

Tibetan activist groups have said Britain and other members of the international community must make a greater effort to alleviate the situation.

"These latest self-immolations confirm that what we are currently witnessing in Tibet is a sustained and profound rejection of the Chinese occupation. It is a damning indictment of the international community that 14 people, in different parts of Tibet, have now chosen to set themselves on fire and the international community has failed to respond," said Free Tibet director Stephanie Brigden.

Tibetans set fire to themselves in China to demand return of Dalai Lama | World news | The Guardian

Oh, yes, in those day, the indian will so happy for this!!!!
They are so concerned on Tibet, But they can't do anything!! Just daydream!!

its high time. looks like the people don't want to be the citizen of the so called super power!

Wow, you guys are bloodthirsty.

At least they only kill themselves, they don't blow up hotels like Indian militant groups do.

Well Wonderful i would say keep setting urself on fire and in some years time issue will automatically will be resolved as most of the monks are already dead.
facepalm.jpg

They dont respect nature y do u think nature is going to be with them...............

off topic but would like to know - Indian militant groups blow up hotel for what now??

Well the Indian Muslim groups like IM, SIMI and LeT have various motives. But mostly, vengeance for the tens of thousands of murdered Kashmiris.

The Indian Maoists meanwhile, kill all the Indian soldiers and Indian police they can get their hands on.

Then of course, there is the widespread insurgency in NE India as well.

Buddhist practioners, that include monks and nuns should get rid of all their desires for this world. A desire for return of a religious cum political figure like Dalai Lama is against the historical Buddha's teaching. All happenings in this world is but an illussion.

I always regard Tibetan buddhist monks deviated too much from original teachings of Buddha.

Monks should not be involved in politics, even the great prince who would be Buddha gave up his throne and all that related to his father's court.

Well the Indian Muslim groups like IM, SIMI and LeT have various motives. But mostly, vengeance for the tens of thousands of murdered Kashmiris.
IM, LeT is Indian militant groups? they are not pakistani anymore? high iq - huh?

The Indian Maoists meanwhile, kill all the Indian soldiers and Indian police they can get their hands on.
i asked the reason the so called Indian militant group blow the hotel. i'm asking you again. what is the reason?

Then of course, there is the widespread insurgency in NE India as well.
did you even read my post? i'm just asking the reason of your claim. and yeah- provide the proof as well.

I feel sad for these people. I don't know what they can achieve by doing this other than making some statements for their master. This peaceful religion is more and more like a cult.

Last year Tibetan school students had a peaceful demonstration in the city center (like a field day) to had their voice well listened and everyone was happy in the end. But buddhist monks chose a violent path instead.

it seems you haven't heard of this- they were not Indian militant groups. they were pakistanis. i'm asking you 3rd time- why and where did Indian militant groups blow up the hotel?

LeT is based in Indian-occupied Kashmir. So I guess you are right, Kashmir does not belong to India, therefore they are not Indian.

IM, SIMI and HuJI are all Indian terrorist groups, and have blasted New Delhi on a regular basis.

Now tell me, what country is Dawood from?

LeT is based in Indian-occupied Kashmir. So I guess you are right, Kashmir does not belong to India, therefore they are not Indian.

IM, SIMI and HuJI are all Indian terrorist groups, and have blasted New Delhi on a regular basis.

Now tell me, what is the nationality of Dawood?

LET operates from pakistani kashmir and same is HUJI too.Their leaders holds rallies in pakistan and of course pakistan is separate country.
i hope you got it.

dawood is gangster who has indian nationality but living in pakistan with family.

Back
Top Bottom