What's new

Thunder Strikes In LIMA '19

Status
Not open for further replies.
That can be a very bad option. Because the relationship of Bangladeshi with India are like servant and master and in that they can let them test fully the product and can make strategies against it.
Since Bangladesh is fond of J-7BGs I suspect they could go for JL-9s. Buying JF-17s will hurt their pride, they are against all things Pakistan at the moment.

Makes sense for them to either buy Mig-35s or JL-9s as they operate both Mig-29s and J-7s. Less investment on support and integration.

If India is so concerned with Bangladesh I see them being the only potential export client for Tejas but only through concessions.

That can be a very bad option. Because the relationship of Bangladeshi with India are like servant and master and in that they can let them test fully the product and can make strategies against it.

Since Bangladesh is fond of J-7BGs I suspect they could go for JL-9s. Buying JF-17s will hurt their pride, they are against all things Pakistan at the moment.

Makes sense for them to either buy Mig-35s or JL-9s as they operate both Mig-29s and J-7s. Less investment on support and integration.

If India is so concerned with Bangladesh I see them being the only potential export client for Tejas but only through concessions.

Soon, you will see india-bangladesh relation will be same as india-Pakistan..

Reactions: Mrc

It is doubtful they will go Tejas. Mig-35 or Jl-9 makes sense.

I think they are not going for LIMA but for testing and evaluation separately caz onky 24 hours left for LIMA and they havent departed yet
Yes, the logistics needed to host is a bit premature to head out on this short time span; if they can do it; it is a major plus to show turnaround and low logistic requirement. Only question, which route? fly over China?

10 hour ....waiting waiting

Malaysia has requested 2 Jf17s for direct tests

Actually PM Mahatir Mohammad expressed that Pakistan may give 1 or 2 JF-17s to fly around, test & evaluate. So appearing in LIMA is not conditioned to this dialogue particularly. In my opinion, Pakistan might opt a different approach instead of attending LIMA.

Have learned from reliable sources that JF-17 is participating in Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA) 2019 in Malaysia which is to start from 26th March. A high level delegation from PAF and PAC has already reached Malaysia.

View attachment 549210

So what's the latest from your reliable sources about Thunder's participation ? Yes or No?

Would have been a friendly one, if they had parked both jets next to each other :-)

But I pity the country that places an order for Tejas today. At the rate of production of 8 per year, plus the demand from the IAF itself, when will they ever get their jets ?

Thunder has prooven air worthiness record and combat proven

Tejas has major setback

Price tag
Technology of israel

Recently mahathir banned israeli sports person to enter how he allows his fighter jet is israeli sanction prone

So what's the latest from your reliable sources about Thunder's participation ? Yes or No?

Would have been a friendly one, if they had parked both jets next to each other :-)

But I pity the country that places an order for Tejas today. At the rate of production of 8 per year, plus the demand from the IAF itself, when will they ever get their jets ?
Instead of watching them just perform they are heading out for an actual test drive.

Pakistan should display the full weapons package of JF-17 as well. All of the JF-17s armaments are integrated and operational. Tejas' armaments are still in 'expected' status. The only missiles Tejas carries at present are Russian R73 and Israeli Derby. As the Malaysian PM is very much against Israel he and his country would not prefer Israeli weapons (not to forget the Israeli radar that Tejas carries). Thus, they are left with mere R73 and dumb bombs.

From what it appears, the PAC production line has a lot of working space until the JF-17 Block III roles out. If Malaysia decides to buy the JF-17 now PAC & CAC can begin working on it immediately. They might be able to get their few aircraft for training by next year. With Tejas, they might need to wait longer for their aircraft and then wait for even more for the armament.

The major challenger, however, is the T-50 Golden Eagle. If the Malaysians fancy American and European arms suite then T-50 is a good machine. It's like an intermediary between a trainer and a fighter jet, and also slightly cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom