What's new

Thunder out of the Farnborough Air Show ?

Icarus

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I was going through the official site of the Farnborough air show when I came across the list of performing aircraft, I had read this list a thousand times before and decided to go through it once more, but I noticed, THE THUNDER IS MISSING FROM THE LIST !!!!!!!
Can anybody please tell me if the Thunder has been withdrawn ? If yes, then why ?

Here is the link to the official list:
Farnborough - Aircraft - Daily Flying Display

I have had a cousin check with the admin, and i'm sorry to tell everybody that the Thunder will not be performing for the crowd, it will just be standing with the other static aircrafts, this has come as a real disappointment to me..................

I was going through the official site of the Farnborough air show when I came across the list of performing aircraft, I had read this list a thousand times before and decided to go through it once more, but I noticed, THE THUNDER IS MISSING FROM THE LIST !!!!!!!
Can anybody please tell me if the Thunder has been withdrawn ? If yes, then why ?

you are right

origionally they were stated to be flown by PAF

their name only stays in the static display

its a shame I already bought the tickets

there must have been complications or issues which is a pitty

Thank you very much Kakgeta for informing me before time

I have emailed Farnborough once again for confirmation of JF-17 Thunder aircraft. If Thunder is not participating in this airshow, i will certainly not be visiting

Awaiting for their response

Apparently missing from the list. What a pity, if true. Was hoping to see some pictures, courtesy forum members living in UK. Probably they can confirm. i may have missed something.

I'm also disappointed, I bought three tickets and am going to England, especially for the show, my flight is due tomorrow and now I realize that the Thunder isn't flying.........

I'm also disappointed, I bought three tickets and am going to England, especially for the show, my flight is due tomorrow and now I realize that the Thunder isn't flying.........

What is the reason behind this decision?
:what:

What is the reason?
:what:

I really have no idea, i'm just as bummed as the other guy, I was really hoping to see the Thunder fly and blow my ear drums out but then I learn about this !!!!!!!!

I want to think they are still working of the list because they have 2 x JF-17s on static display.

If it does not fly I will sue someone - I just spend £2k on camera equipment specifically for the Thunder! ... ... Any lawyers here?

That is unfortunate.

The stalls all seem to be up now. A foot bridge across to A325 for pedestrians has also been put in today. No planes practising yet.

I want to think they are still working of the list because they have 2 x JF-17s on static display.

If it does not fly I will sue someone - I just spend £2k on camera equipment specifically for the Thunder! ... ... Any lawyers here?

550 pounds here :angry:

We are in the same boat, I spent over rs.80,000 on my airline ticket and visa to see the thunder !!!!!!! And spent 25 pounds on the ticket as well......

That is unfortunate.

The stalls all seem to be up now. A foot bridge across to A325 for pedestrians has also been put in today. No planes practising yet.

fortunately i did not purchase tickets yet........... now if i want to visit i will just go near A325 and see flying aircrafts from outside :lol:

We are in the same boat, I spent over rs.80,000 on my airline ticket and visa to see the thunder !!!!!!! And spent 25 pounds on the ticket as well......

nothing makes sese
chinese chickened out?
PAK/ China scared that thunder will be a lack luster show in presense of other Western planes?
The UK authorites didnt allow that?
Thunder cant perform in the restricted/ thight air space?
PAF cant spare a pilot or two for the show?

I think of all above but they all dont make sense

if its technology is to be kept a secret then why even bother with the static display then?

its a disgrace whatever the reason

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom