What's new

Thunder on LOC Patrol

3.5 hr endurance in that configuration is pretty good I think. I would assume for normal peacetime patrol there is no need to refuel. The pilot might as well land and have a rest, let another pair of fighter takeover.

Dubai Performances 1.jpg

So when Dual Missile Rack is gonna be inducted in SD-10??
I assume for patrols like this a lighter load is better for long endurance and also that missiles have limited captive hours.

3.5 hr endurance in that configuration is pretty good I think. I would assume for normal peacetime patrol there is no need to refuel. The pilot might as well land and have a rest, let another pair of fighter takeover.

View attachment 447434

I assume for patrols like this a lighter load is better for long endurance and also that missiles have limited captive hours.

Aim-120 over 1200 hours vs r-77 about 100 hours

Not sure sd-10a air time life stipulated by Oem

integration rate in really slow for JF-17s into PAF.

Hi,

Integration is a long process---.

The Paf and its fan boys had made it look like a piece of cake---which it was not---.

If the French EW suite was a go from the begining---it would have been around a 8-10 years process---.

With e different EW suite---around 10-15 years---.

View attachment 447434

And compare that to Tejas in combat load at 59min, same article says Gripen at 3.5hrs & F-16 at 4hrs.
https://www.indiatoday.in/mail-toda...-fighter-planes-ajit-doval-1083350-2017-11-10

How many maintenance hours needed for JF-17 per flight hour?

Hi,

Integration is a long process---.

The Paf and its fan boys had made it look like a piece of cake---which it was not---.

If the French EW suite was a go from the begining---it would have been around a 8-10 years process---.

With e different EW suite---around 10-15 years---.
I agree general, but only 48 jets in 14 years is a very slow pace. I guess we have no choice than to keep working on this project.

Last edited:
And in last 11 years, not 14. First JF-17 to join PAF was produced in 2007. And the first Pakistan produced JF-17 was actually in 2009, the 09-111 to be specific.

Hi Windy,

This is such a dumb photo---.

Without a ladder---is the pilot going to jump into the cockpit---.
If they did not think of this due tk weight; they probably don’t recall the chaos of conflict.
F6CC6DB5-E526-4B84-8D22-B9E715B8217B.jpeg
5CB7DA8B-0811-4D96-881D-1923F70B8118.jpeg
F7BFA594-839B-4924-A79A-ABE247A6885C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom