What's new

Thunder on LOC Patrol

Do you know why the missiles are of different color from the plane? Would it not make sense to have same
continuous color like in the F-16s
codes.JPG

colour code.JPG

I didnt know that American missiles can be integrated into this jet
Sir, here's a classic example of PAF's ingenuity.....dating back to 60s.
A Russian designed fighter, built by the Chinese, equipped with French avionics, the pilot sits on a British Martin Baker ejection seat, he wears a US helmet and fires American sidewinder missiles....flown by a Pakistani pilot.
You will seldom witness such a mix but for PAF.

24890ac7f1236.jpg

Sir, here's a classic example of PAF's ingenuity.....dating back to 60s.
A Russian designed fighter, built by the Chinese, equipped with French avionics, the pilot sits on a British Martin Baker ejection seat, he wears a US helmet and fires American sidewinder missiles....flown by a Pakistani pilot.
You will seldom witness such a mix but for PAF.

View attachment 447339
It had no avionics suite...jet had absolutely nothing in it. No radar, no ILS....just old school flying. It played a Russian roulette role in the Soviet Afghan war in the 1980s. Oh and you forgot the pilot wears an American G-suit too. Had a powerful cannon though....30mm shells.

scan0053.jpg

Here's a pic of my old man flying the aircraft some time in the 1980s.

It had no avionics suite...jet had absolutely nothing in it. No radar, no ILS....just old school flying. It played a Russian roulette role in the Soviet Afghan war in the 1980s. Oh and you forgot the pilot wears an American G-suit too. Had a powerful cannon though....30mm shells.

View attachment 447345
Some French gadgets were added to it at a later stage, you can see two antennas similar to those on Mirages, behind the canopy and under the belly in front of the open air brake.

24890ac7f1236-jpg.447339

View attachment 447345
Some good old days

It's carrying four anti air missile , what would it need the pod for ?
View attachment 447236

Dear that's carried during ground strike missions.
@ Topic, it's rare to see the Thunder supporting three fuel tanks except during ferry flights.
Standard package for JF-17 on ADA is usually with two drop tqanks.

View attachment 447237

No dear, my feet are very much on the ground.

TGP can also be used for AA mode as it can be slayed to the FCR.

we already have Pods for IRST guys , every mission has its own requirements and depends on that the fighter choose its payload .. Good to see JF armed and ready to fight :pakistan:
Pods are being integrated. But thunder cannot carry them at the moment. Im sure soon someone will leak photos in future with Aselsan pod

[QUOTE="Canons are still very useful weapon.[/QUOTE]
Sure, but detection of US drones and aircrafts is more important. If two JF-17s are on patrolling, then one can have cannon while other one should have IRST pod to detect and track airborne targets.

Windy you take pictures from facebook pages and then claim that the source said this and that,this is clearly a PL.5 and not an AIM.9P so please correct your statement
What nonsense, how do i take pictures from FB.
I receive material from several sources along with some details.
Let me remind you that most of what i post here, later gets copy pasted on other sites, Facebook and all.

Windy bro dont mind it but already the pics you post in many places plus correct your source or kindly teach your source the difference between an AIM.9P and a PL.5

Back
Top Bottom