What's new

Three things Pakistan should emulate from other countries

Thanks for all the thoughtful comments. I will try to clarify some points.

Some things we already have, like freedom of press, but it's still worthwhile to acknowledge it from other, especially conservative, countries.

By national pride, I mean the sense of 'manifest destiny': the belief that we are meant for greatness and we will get there. Pakistan has been lacking that, especially since the 80s and, in it's absence, it's been more of an aimless meandering fueled mainly by personal ambition rather than a sense of Purpose (capital P).

By hard work, I mean the attitude to go the extra mile and get the job done, no matter what.

While it is understood that we can only work with that we have, i.e. reforming our existing country and culture, we can still learn from others. Human beings are not that different. I reject the notion that south Asians can't be hard working or incorruptible. It won't happen overnight but, if we acknowledge the goal, we can work towards it.

I think that if Mr. Jinnah had been around for even a little long today Pakistan would have been in such an economic condition India would have emulated your economic formulae just like South Korea did (i think i am right correct me if wrong).

I don't accept that Pakistan has to learn something from some body, you have what u got and see how till 80's i think ur economy was booming. It was just the leadership who failed the country just like in India due to which we went to bankruptcy. One thing i admire is that even under these kind of problems ur country hasn't failed till now. That is something amazing. People of Pakistan are resilient by nature.

If the current war could be ended i think u will be back in to form, ur like just a batsman out of form.

I think that if Mr. Jinnah had been around for even a little long today Pakistan would have been in such an economic condition India would have emulated your economic formulae just like South Korea did (i think i am right correct me if wrong).

I heard it was Ayub Khan's 5-year plan but, for whatever reason, he himself didn't follow it.

I don't accept that Pakistan has to learn something from some body

I see nothing wrong or belittling in that. Countries, like individuals, can always learn from others' successes and failures.

1) Technology.
2) Scientific Research.

We (India/Pakistan) have to learn a lot from european countries, Israel, Japan. Inspite of having smaller population, their technological prowess is amazing. We use their high tech equipment for infrastructure development. Even for currency notes we are dependent on their currency quality papers and inks.

Last edited:
Pakistan could learn from Indian bio-technology industry.

I think you missed this part in the OPs post.

Non-Pakistanis are welcome to post, but please post about other countries. not your own. We don't want soapbox speeches.

Anyway our bio-technology industry isn't as good as we make of it.

My cousin sister is doing an undergrad in Bio-technology and her all her lectures say that do your further education and job abroad as job intake is very less and the RD infrastructure isn't good here.

I heard it was Ayub Khan's 5-year plan but, for whatever reason, he himself didn't follow it.

I see nothing wrong or belittling in that. Countries, like individuals, can always learn from others' successes and failures.

Ok then let me correct myself, i meant a visionary like Mr. Jinnah would have been good for the country. I actually thought that he was behind that economic model, but anyways he could have made the country's institutions strong from the basic roots with his all encompassing idea of a Pakistan for everybody.

I never meant it was belittling, what is said is that most of the qualities everybody has in them its just that some are visible some are dormant. End of war and also shutting the mouths of the religious nut jobs roaming around will make u strong no doubt.

China / Japan

We must learn how to control population from China

That will solve most of our problems itself. Every year about 4 million individuals start finding a new job in Pakistan and our economy is not going at such a fast pace that they could generate 4 million jobs each year and this problem is getting bigger n bigger. If we can somehow control our population many problems can be solved

China

-Vision for their country
-Well developed official machinery
-Work ethics

US

-Entrepreneurship culture and innovation
-Education
-Ability to manage a myriad of international relations

Pakistan

-Resilience of the people
-Free press
-Food and language (As it is near to India's)

Israel

-Military
-No non sense attitude
-Leveraging its relations to its advantage

Germany

-Engineering
-Culture
-Never say die attitude

UK

-Pragmatic foreign policy
-Leveraging their past status as a superpower
-Education system

India's got much higher freedom of press than that of pakistan.

Press Freedom Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India is on the list of 122 while pakistan is on the on the list of 151

We should learn Nationalism from the Turks.. instead of worrying for Ummah, we should put our Country first!

Dear zeshaan, nationalism is not against families or tribalism or islam or secularism. Nationalism is just country wide and internationalism is worldwide. It all has to be about goodwill for humanity, if it is not then all or anything is rubbish.

A bad family is bad, a bad tribe is bad, a bad religious society is bad, a bad nation is bad, a bad secular scoiety is bad.

Things are bad because they are not based on good foundation like freedom, justice, fairness, progress and prosperity etc. Or that people have good values but they do not live by them for some reason which we can discuss.

Only good values can produce better humanity from a smallest unit to its biggest unit ie from an individual to all of human beings on the face of this earth.

Maulana Ishaq - Shia and Sunni Unity *MUST WATCH* 1/5

regards and all the best

Last edited by a moderator:
India's got much higher freedom of press than that of pakistan.

Press Freedom Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India is on the list of 122 while pakistan is on the on the list of 151

Although I did not compare India with Pakistan, I feel in Pakistan the press is more independent of their government, whereas in India, particularly on matters of national importance, the press is just an extension of our government. Just look at Dawn and compare that to our ToI, you would know the difference

Pakistan desperately needs reforms in every kind of branch in government and Law and order. And Strong Anti-Corruption Squad.

Lets start from Zardari

United States

Pioneering spirit for the nation of immigrants. Open, tolerant and confident attitude

Excellence higher education

Innovative ideas

Japan

Sophisticated and efficient management

Better basic management services for the residents

The idea of technology statehood

Last edited:
though pakistan dont need examples they just need to revive iqbal and quaid saab and all will be fine....

but 3 things if they have to learn

Turkey - Yet so modern and yet so traditional
India - foreign policy
China - Buisness and growth models.

Back
Top Bottom