What's new

Three polio workers shot dead in Karachi

Jazzbot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Three polio workers shot dead in Karachi

In yet another attack on a team of polio workers, unidentified gunmen today shot down three persons, including two women, carrying out vaccination programme in here.

The attack in Qayyumabad area came a day after Sindh health authorities began inoculation of some 7.6 million children of the province with polio vaccine as part of a nationwide drive to continue till Thursday.

The first day of the immunisation campaign had concluded without any untoward incident.

The children of Sindh are among the over 33 million in Pakistan who are being administered with the polio vaccine during the National Immunisation Days.

Pakistan is one of only three countries in the world where polio is still endemic, but efforts to stamp out the crippling disease have been hit by repeated attacks on health teams.

In July 2012, a foreign doctor was injured when unidentified armed men opened fire on a United Nations vehicle passing through Koochi Camp near Sohrab Goth.

Most of the attacks on polio workers in Karachi have occurred in the outskirts of the city, areas notorious as militant strongholds.

According to Expanded Programme on Immunisation (EPI), Sindh, seven polio cases were reported in Karachi in 2013.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...kers-shot-dead-in-karachi-114012100390_1.html

:hitwall:

RIP !!!

What is the terrorist's problem with the polio workers ??

Result of IK talks drama ...Shame on him

RIP

Couple of days back , I was talking about Polio drive in Vaziristan. These selfless people are been shot for their Nobel work. Shame on terrorist.

So if anyone gets killed in Uganda, its also a result of IK talks drama... Shame on YOU.

Yep Karachi is in Uganda right ????
Shame on people like you who cant tell their leaders to come out of sheep skin and act like human ...

As far as i know - It's Sindh governments task to maintain law & order and Chief Minister of Sindh is given full support by federal govt. and political parties to conduct operation clean up in Karachi, If that ancient man failed and made this operation controversial than how IK is responsible for it? I always criticize IK but in this case it doesn't make sense, at-least i haven't heard any of his statement where he asked to stop operation in Karachi?

@ Topic: This PPP is curse for Sindh, I don't know when they will realize it.

R.I.P.

As far as i know - It's Sindh governments task to maintain law & order and Chief Minister of Sindh is given full support by federal govt. and political parties to conduct operation clean up in Karachi, If that ancient man failed and made this operation controversial than how IK is responsible for it? I always criticize IK but in this case it doesn't make sense, at-least i haven't heard any of his statement where he asked to stop operation in Karachi?

@ Topic: This PPP is curse for Sindh, I don't know when they will realize it.

R.I.P.
I agree with you to some extend but these people in karachi coming from KPK, where they have already started killing polio workers ... so IK is involved when he says talks with TTP ...

Yep Karachi is in Uganda right ????
Shame on people like you who cant tell their leaders to come out of sheep skin and act like human ...

Is IK ruling Karachi? Does he possess any public portfolio there? Is he sponsoring anyone to kill polio workers in Karachi? What IK has to do with anything happening in Karachi?

Have some shame, if you have some..

he has the done and planning to lunch biggest polio campaign ever been done in Pakistan. how is Imran khan stopping people from do operation against them in Karachi .. stop ur hatered toward imran khan .. Tabliban was a reality much before Imran khan came into scene ...what was stopping government then .. ALL PARTIES BELIEVE THAT DIALOG IS BEST OPTION >>> EVRY SINGLE PARTY ... they why blame imran khan

RIP !!!

What is the terrorist's problem with the polio workers ??

I read somewhere that Talibans think that polio vaccination is a jewish conspiracy against pakistan. these vaccination will make men impotent resulting in a decline of the population of the muslims.

could be one of the reasons

On topic:- RIP !!!

Back
Top Bottom