What's new

Three female education workers sprayed with bullets

disagree with your assessment that somehow all the women in Pakistan are being oppressed.

Then it's just those women who step out of line as far Islamists are concerned? And that's OK, is it ?

Denial, a river in Egypt.

Anyway it can be countered with ease, after all who do these Indians think they are, with all their problems -- when we point to their problems, all the problems in Pakistan become, as if my magic, solved.

After all, in Pakistan there are women physicians, pilots, etc; -- see how easy t was to wash away the awful reality that 3 women were abducted and subjected to "tir baran" - a rain of bullets because they worked to raise awareness.

And really, who needs awareness, what's it for? other than to create problems.

Pakistanis are besieged - what with Indians on one hand and Muslims on the the other - a little show of sympathy for the terminally inactive, please.

Then it's just those women who step out of line as far Islamists are concerned? And that's OK, is it ?

Denial, a river in Egypt.

Anyway it can be countered with ease, after all who do these Indians think they are, with all their problems -- when we point to their problems, all the problems in Pakistan become, as if my magic, solved.

After all, in Pakistan there are women physicians, pilots, etc; -- see how easy t was to wash away the awful reality that 3 women were abducted and subjected to "tir baran" - a rain of bullets because they worked to raise awareness.

And really, who needs awareness, what's it for? other than to create problems.

Pakistanis are besieged - what with Indians on one hand and Muslims on the the other - a little show of sympathy for the terminally inactive, please.

Firstly,

I truly do not understand where you are going with that? Please do elaborate...

Also...

3 Women were abducted in an area where Men who claim to be Muslim have no respect for the role that women play, perhaps you did not read my original post and just took the excerpt from the rebuttal.

What happened was barbaric and if you somehow feel I condone the actions of those lunatics or am some sort of sympathiser then my friend you are surely wrong. I was merely defending the pride of my nation, I have lived and studied here so I know the ground realities and whilst they may not be perfect they are not as bad as some would think.

Things taken out of context can be manipulated into anything you wish, what is really sad is that perhaps you did not read my first post and just used the some statement from the second one to form a counter argument which i don't really see the need for.

Why?

Because not all women in Pakistan are oppressed and that is the truth, women are respected and loved, we have cultural problems but that is not because of ISLAM rather it is due to cultural "norms".

Sure, compared to the west countries like Pakistan are ages behind, but that is not going to change with the flick of the switch, our women by constitution are entitled to vote, to run for president, for jobs and legal rights.

The country cannot help that because of religious and political fat cats certain elements are repressed. I have said this once and will say this again, compared to some of the countries i have been too and the ones i have seen on Discovery, Pakistan is a Cakewalk for Minorities, Women and Children.

Mashallah, we have a identity, we have a nation. It is up to every single one of us to identify and correct the wrongs in our society, but generalising and taking statements out of context and adding the spin of satire does not provide reasonable foundations for discourse or conducive dialogue.

Gentle Ranger

I regret that you have not followed the intended course of my post. You are in deep denial about the effect of a particular understanding of Islam that is at play in Pakistan, in particular, as it relates to women.

It is not an accident the 3 women who worked at an NGO were abducted and shredded by bullets -- you are not confused about this, you are not confused that the victims were chosen for a particular reason, a message - for there is no confusion with this regard, how is it that there is confusion about all that follows?

I mean you know what the ideological motivation and justification for the this act is? or do you have doubts and confusion about this? You may not se it as islam, the perpetrators most certainly do and most Pakistnis do, they understand who the victims are and wghy they were chosen and what message it sends.

You argue that we as a culture have a problem with women - certainly, why does your critical faculty abandon you when making the next connection, does the understanding of Islam that prevails in Pakistan, have what we may consider, mysogny? Is not that understanding the ideological source of motivation and justification?

Sir, women in Pakistan not oppressed? regardless of what goes on in God forsaken India, women in Pakistan not oppressed? You evade this by arguing that not not "ALL" women in Pakistan are opporessed - Sir, would you be persuaded were an Israeli to argue that not ALL Palestians.... or an Indian to argue that not "all" in Occupied Kashmir were... Here, the qualifier "All" serves as a device, the truth of the reality of women's experience in Pakistan is known to all; seems to me we would do well to acjnowldege that reality as a first step towards altering that reality to be in accord with what we understand as values in concord with justice.

Last edited:
Gentle Ranger

I regret that you have not followed the intended sourse of my post. You are in deep denial about the effect of a particular understanding of Islam that is at play in Pakistan, in particular, as it relates to women.

It is not an accident the 3 women who worked at an NGO were abducted and shredded by bullets -- you are not confused about this, you are not confused that the victims were chosen for a particular reason, a message - for there is no confusion with this regard, how is it that there is confusion about all that follows?

I mean you know what the ideological motivation and justification for the this act is? or do you have doubts and confusion about this? You may not se it as islam, the perpetrators most certainly do and most Pakistnis do, they understand who the victims are and wghy they were chosen and what message it sends.

You argue that we as a culture have a problem with women - certainly, why does your critical faculty abandon you when making the next connection, does the understanding of Islam that prevails in Pakistan, have what we may consider, mysogny? Is not that understanding the ideological source of motivation and justification?

Sir, women in Pakistan not oppressed? regardless of what goes on in God forsaken India, women in Pakistan not oppressed? You evade this by arguing that not not "ALL" women in Pakistan are opporessed - Sir, would you be persuaded were an Israeli to argue that not ALL Palestians.... or an Indian to argue that not "all" in Occupied Kashmir were... Here, the qualifier "All" serves as a device, the truth of the reality of women's experience in Pakistan is known to all; seems to me we would do well to acjnowldege that reality as a first step towards altering that reality to be in accord with what we understand as values in concord with justice.

Accepted, what you have put forth has great merit and deserves consideration. Perhaps my argument lacks weight and due to my nationalistic approach i may have skipped the need to critically analyse your proposition properly.

Thank you for engaging in this enlightening discourse.

Sad news...very sad, what more can I say?
My suggestion is to arrest the culprits who commit such crimes and torture or burn them publicly or hang them in public, let them feel that their efforts were useless and that not only they, but others who wish to kill innocent people will meet the same horrible faith IF they even get it into their heads to go outside and kill women.
Make life hell for them, I tell you, these uneducated pigs will continue with such cowardly actions.

Back
Top Bottom