What's new

Three Army men killed in fratricidal firing

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
JAMMU: Three Army men, including a junior commissioned officer (JCO), were killed in a fratricidal firing incident on Sunday in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said.

The incident took place in Digwar sector on the Line of Control, defence spokesman Col. Manish Mehta told IANS.

Naik Darshan Kumar shot at his colleagues at 1.15 p.m. on Sunday, injuring two of them - Havaldar Ranjot Singh and Subedar Chameel Singh - seriously.

"The irate soldier subsequently turned his weapon on himself and ended his life," he said.

The injured Army men belonging to the Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry later succumbed to their injuries, the spokesman said.

A court of inquiry has been ordered into the incident.

All three were residents of Jammu region, officials said.

Three Army men killed in fratricidal firing - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

May Jawans Rest in Peace. I request Mr. Modi to look into this matter and put a full stop to these unfortunate incidents, these 10yr rule of congress have totally destroyed the confidence and inspiration in jawans. Hope this new govt. will do something to end this up. May god protect their families.

RIP to the fallen.

It happens in stressful situations, what can one say? Hopefully the IA starts addressing the psychological needs of the troops more.
This is what is needed at present desperately.

This is what is needed at present desperately.
To be honest, I think whilst things could be improved there is never going to be a perfect solution. Even with US troops who have access to the best possible after-action healthcare there is still a MASSIVE problem with PTSD and more Western troops have killed themselves than been killed in combat in the past 5 years.

To be honest, I think whilst things could be improved there is never going to be a perfect solution. Even with US troops who have access to the best possible after-action healthcare there is still a MASSIVE problem with PTSD and more Western troops have killed themselves than been killed in combat in the past 5 years.
I really can't say about US troops or what's going on within them. But for sure our armed force wasn't like this before. Neither were there any such incidents in past.

RIP to the fallen.

It happens in stressful situations, what can one say? Hopefully the IA starts addressing the psychological needs of the troops more.
One can understand this if they were posted here from other part of India but all three were residents of Jammu region.

One can understand this if they were posted here from other part of India but all three were residents of Jammu region.
How doe sphere they are from have ANY baring on the matter? The reason they were stressed is because of their JOB i.e. serving in a COIN environment in JK. Being from JK means absolutely NOTHING.

I really can't say about US troops or what's going on within them. But for sure our armed force wasn't like this before. Neither were there any such incidents in past.
No, this has always been the case bro just it wasn't as widely publicised before.

How doe sphere they are from have ANY baring on the matter? The reason they were stressed is because of their JOB i.e. serving in a COIN environment in JK. Being from JK means absolutely NOTHING.
True actually it would've been reasonable argument had those jawans posted out of their state.

No, this has always been the case bro just it wasn't as widely publicised before.
Maybe. But in 90s i didn't come through any such news though i was kid at that time. But still i don't remember any such incidents happening at that time.

Maybe. But in 90s i didn't come through any such news though i was kid at that time. But still i don't remember any such incidents happening at that time.
Bro it has happened in the past, I know for a fact- had members of my family in the IA for a LONG time. The real proportions of those serving who do this haven't changed just the amount of times it gets reported now.

In past such cases, reason has been put up as being far away from home and family, refusal for leave etc.
Being local obviously removes that argument.

Bro it has happened in the past, I know for a fact- had members of my family in the IA for a LONG time. The real proportions of those serving who do this haven't changed just the amount of times it gets reported now.
Well then obviously you know better than me. Anyways at least trying to lessen the number of such incidents will be appreciated much.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom