What's new

Thousands Protest Hong Kong’s New ‘Comrade’ Chief Executive

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
142251823.jpg

1204011451151366.jpg

HONG KONG—On March 25 a small number of designated electors chose a new chief executive for the special administrative region of Hong Kong, and on April 1 a mass protest was held demanding his resignation. The protesters say they do not want to be ruled by a Chinese Communist Party member, and they do want the CCP to stop interfering with Hong Kong elections and stop subverting the principle of “one country two systems.”

The organizer of the protest, Civil Human Rights Front (CHRF) of Hong Kong, estimated that about 15,000 people took part. A heavy police presence was seen throughout the protest, particularly when the protesters arrived at the liaison office where the parade ended. It was estimated that the police-to-protester ratio was one to one.

The protest was led by a group of young people wearing red hats and carrying a giant banner, a replica of a wolf skin, which read, “A Wolf is in Power, Hong Kong Residents Are Enraged.” New Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying has been called a wolf by local media ( and residents for being an underground member of the CCP.

A controversial book may have fanned the flames for protest. Former Chinese Communist Party (CCP) member Florence Leung Mo-han claimed in her new book, My Time in Hong Kong’s Underground Communist Party, that covert CCP members have infiltrated high levels of Hong Kong’s government, directly controlling major decisions affecting the livelihood of the Hong Kong people.

Leung Mo-han’s book was published just six days before the Hong Kong chief executive election. Drawing wide public attention, it claimed that then-contender Leung Chun-ying was a fellow CCP member.

Leung Chun-ying’s campaign office quickly denied the claim. In the “small circle election” only 1,200 Hong Kongers, out of a total population of 7 million, have the right to vote for the chief executive. Critics claim the designated electors are strongly pro-Beijing. Leung Chun-ying was elected on March 25 with 689 votes.

Thousands Protest Hong Kong

hongkong140614764-392x590.jpg

I never seen a country whose people enjoyed democracy wanting to go communist. It will interesting to see how China handles HK and Taiwan. Like or not they don't identify as a majority as Chinese, the cultures are separate too. the younger generation especially. Chinese in the US are very loud in public and generally inconsiderate of manners. I'm told it's the opposite upbringing in Hong kong and Taiwan.

I never seen a country whose people enjoyed democracy wanting to go communist. It will interesting to see how China handles HK and Taiwan. Like or not they don't identify as a majority as Chinese, the cultures are separate too. the younger generation especially. Chinese in the US are very loud in public and generally inconsiderate of manners. I'm told it's the opposite upbringing in Hong kong and Taiwan.

Chinese don't live in the Atlanta ghettos. They live in nice upscale neighborhoods. Maybe you're looking at Koreans instead.

Everyone wants freedom. Hong Kong people do not want communism.

When you make generalized and nonfactual comments like these you lost all your credibility.

Everyone wants freedom. Hong Kong people do not want communism.

15000 out of 7 million people did something and you get the conclusion that "Hong Kong people do or do not want something". Apparently we've learned different statistic classes. If the candiate these group prefer won and the other group protested, then what? "Everyone wants communism and Hong Kong people do not want freedom"?

15000 out of 7 million people did something and you get the conclusion that "Hong Kong people do or do not want something". Apparently we've learned different statistic classes. If the candiate these group prefer won and the other group protested, then what? "Everyone wants communism and Hong Kong people do not want freedom"?

there 200,000 who marched last year.

The source of the op is from a "Falun Gong" sponsored newspaper. The very vast majority of Hongkongers do not give much of a damn towards these extreme right wing rallies. Even "15,000 (the source?)" is a very doubtful figure for the turnouts. HK and Singapore are 2 of the well run cities in Asia. They enjoy one of the best freedom and a great civil society in Asia.

This is just another flaming thread initiated by the op with an agenda!

there 200,000 who marched last year.

it was in the 50 thousands. you know I have quoted the official source for that, dont you!?

Chinese don't live in the Atlanta ghettos. They live in nice upscale neighborhoods. Maybe you're looking at Koreans instead.

I'm sure they are Chinese, loud on trains, in shopping malls and on the street with their cellphones. Eating food in places and dropping it all over the floor. always seems they are yelling each other too

When you make generalized and nonfactual comments like these you lost all your credibility.

indeed! the op fails again in his attempt to smearing the image of HK, China!
It only demonstrates more the free and liberal modes in HK, and definitely not the opposite message of restrictions and control that the op wants to convey.

200,000 out of 7 million, we have 2.8%, wow that makes his conclusion all of sudden mathematically valid.

I know you expect 1 million march to come out. 200,000 on the streets is no big deal. I guess living off the US did not mean getting what 200,000 people marching meant. Less thah than marched out in the US and we had a change election in 2010.

indeed! the op fails again in his attempt to smearing the image of HK, China!
It only demonstrates more the free and liberal modes in HK, and definitely not the opposite message of restrictions and control that the op wants to convey.

did they march because they felt more liberal and free or because the election was rigged? do read the article. I don't have to do anything to bring about ill feelings of the people of HK towards mainlanders. What is that call you guys? "wong chong" ( I may got the spelling wrong , but I read someplace they had that name for mainlanders- I can't remember what it means)

LOL at the Epoch Times. :lol:

If you want to see a big protest, check out our Article 23 protests, in which we had 1 million people marching on the streets.

1 million out of a population of 7 million, you don't get such a ratio anywhere else in the world. Whereas any small cause can get a few thousand people to join, that's not an impressive number.

And do you even know who CY Leung was running against during the election?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom