What's new

Thousands of Afghan Taliban studying in Balochistan: provincial minister

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
WASHINGTON: Balochistan’s minister for home and tribal affairs, Sarfaraz Bugti, has told the Voice of America radio that thousands of Afghan Taliban were still studying in seminaries across the province.

“There are many seminaries where Afghan Taliban are studying, and many are owned by the Afghan Taliban group,” Bugti told VOA’s Deewa Afghan service.

The report claimed that Pakistan had more than 30,000 madressahs, most of them legal, and adhering strictly to religious teaching. But thousands of them were not registered with the government and these were the “teaching grounds and recruiting points for militants and Taliban”.

Amin-ul-Hasnat Shah, the minister of state for religious affairs, told VOA that funds for most of these madressahs originate abroad, mostly in Arab countries. “The government is monitoring the money trail and how this money is spent and utilised by the madressahs. We want to ensure that these funds are not used for any suspicious activity or to promote extremism through Islamic seminaries in Pakistan.”

Mr Shah said the government “has pledged to reform these madressahs through registration and change of syllabus” and it was determined to “keep an eye on any extremism-related activities or links in these madressahs.”

Ihsan Ghani, chief of the National Counter Terrorism Authority, said the government was forming a new national counter-extremism policy, which includes reforming the madrassa system. The government had vowed to register all unregistered madressahs, he added.

The VOA said that it collected these statistics from Pakistani and Afghan intelligence officials and experts who told its correspondents that the abundance of unregistered madressahs across the country had led to an increase in militancy in the Afghan-Pakistan region.

“The schools nurture militants’ ideology and provide foot soldiers for the Taliban, who have been engaged in a bloody insurgency with the US-backed Afghan government for more than a decade,” the report added.

According to the report, much of the militant activity was centred in Balochistan, where 5,500 madressahs operate as boarding schools.

“Many of them are kept from government scrutiny and are breeding points for terror,” the report claimed.

Sediq Seddiqi, a spokesperson for the Afghan Ministry of Interior, told VOA that last month’s terrorist attack in Kandahar that killed five UAE diplomats was planned in Mawlawi Ahmad Madressah in Chaman.

The report also included statistics provided by the Balochistan government, estimating that more than 5,000 Afghans were studying at madressahs in the province. The Taliban’s supreme leader, Mullah Haibatullah, reportedly operated a seminary in Kuchlak, Quetta, the report added.

Published in Dawn, February 27th, 2017

Last edited:
Finally an honest person speaks up on another crisis Pakistan is facing.
Its not just Afghan Taliban; both documented and undocumented seminaries are preaching extremism and hatred. Most of these preachers use ideaologies alien to both the mentality of early Muslims and humanity.

This is called filthy Propaganda, foreign funded Dawn is running a doctored story which originally was published by VOA on Feb. 25 to protect crap Afghan Govt. from the attack in Kandahar, where Emirates diplomats were killed and Afghanistan tried to divert onto Pakistan. UAE govt. then bashed the Afghanis refusing to accept their pathetic make believe story stated the diplomats were well inside the compound and this meeting tipped off was an inside job of Afghan govt.. This is the original piece and I am sure Sarfaraz Bugti will deny talking to VOA Afghan propaganda crap altogether

One can check its cpomplete propaganda with same BS USA using since 9/11

Officials: Pakistani Religious Schools Increasingly Linked to Afghan Taliban
WASHINGTON —
When Afghan intelligence officials, assisted by international investigators, probed a terror attack last month that killed five Emirati diplomats in Kandahar, they traced the suspects to a conservative religious seminary in Pakistan.

"The attack was planned in Mawlawi Ahmad Madrassa in Chaman, Quetta," said Sediq Seddiqi, a spokesperson for the Afghan Ministry of Interior.

The investigation shed light on the increasing links of some madrassas — Islamic seminaries — in Pakistan with Afghan Taliban who are fighting the Afghan government and U.S.-led international forces in Afghanistan.

http://www.voanews.com/a/officials-...creasingly-linked-afghan-taliban/3739937.html

since Pakistan has hosted upto 5million afghan refugees obviously they would be going to pakistani schools!!! and secondly in that region unfortunately since lack of schools they go to madrassas..which have all unfortunately been maligned....VOA is a US government funded channel -- shocking that DAWN has just taken their views and added none of its own clarifications...

Its not just Afghan Taliban; both documented and undocumented seminaries are preaching extremism and hatred. Most of these preachers use ideaologies alien to both the mentality of early Muslims and humanity.
First of all close down all madrasaaz and make memorising Holy Quran as an elective subject at all schools. This is the only solution to end shaheed saaz factories all over Pakistan funded by our dear elder brother al saud.

thats what musharraf was trying to solve and we as jahil nation bashed him day and night

First of all i did'nt label anyone so cut the crap, shia liberal = propagandist= foreign funded tool = BS promoter = sheep, I think this is more broad-based, I did'nt put agent cos u are too dumb to do that also

Those who promote propaganda, twisted untruths as facts, information and reports like this VOA propaganda above are headless chicken, e.g YOU

Instead of personal attacks liberal sheep need to PROVE they are blabbing is true or not.

I'm reporting you next time if you try to blackball me or anyone with your pathetic slander who has different opinion, calling them terrorists or suicide bombers or illiterate as you tried to denote this in your astupid way then you won't be able to stay long here and I'm going to make sure I get your IP address, cos u keyboard warriors lie about your identity even throw your family under the bus just to justify yourselves
@The Eagle
Sir I believe u r the moderator since interact me Kindly check this.

Avoid personal attack and provocative remarks for each other. Stay on topic and discuss the subject rather than causing Derailing, Flame-baiting and off-topic discussion. Everyone is entitled to express opinion until & unless not violating the forum rule by any means. Also, keep in mind that no sectarian debate is allowed.

First of all close down all madrasaaz and make memorising Holy Quran as an elective subject at all schools. This is the only solution to end shaheed saaz factories all over Pakistan funded by our dear elder brother al saud.

We cannot generalise all in one definition like this. Fake Madressas are deliberately utilized for such extremism knowing that Muslims regard the same with respect and belief however, a deep scrutiny and evaluation is needed with proper check by the Government whereby, Madressah will be reporting to the Government with every detail.

There is a reason that Madressah word is continuously used for propaganda against Muslims and I will ask, did anyone Check true meaning of Madressah and it's purpose as well. The so-called terms like radical Muslims, Madressah and Islamic terrorists all are part of the propaganda based upon a well organized planning.

Our responsibility is to deal with all fake Madressah after proper scrutiny and so also, let others know that how Muslims are labeled bad by these fake scholars and so-called Madressah.

Avoid personal attack and provocative remarks for each other. Stay on topic and discuss the subject rather than causing Derailing, Flame-baiting and off-topic discussion. Everyone is entitled to express opinion until & unless not violating the forum rule by any means. Also, keep in mind that no sectarian debate is allowed.

We cannot generalise all in one definition like this. Fake Madressas are deliberately utilized for such extremism knowing that Muslims regard the same with respect and belief however, a deep scrutiny and evaluation is needed with proper check by the Government whereby, Madressah will be reporting to the Government with every detail.

There is a reason that Madressah word is continuously used for propaganda against Muslims and I will ask, did anyone Check true meaning of Madressah and it's purpose as well. The so-called terms like radical Muslims, Madressah and Islamic terrorists all are part of the propaganda based upon a well organized planning.

Our responsibility is to deal with all fake Madressah after proper scrutiny and so also, let others know that how Muslims are labeled bad by these fake scholars and so-called Madressah.
Dear sir can u give ne a hint or qoute me a source of a single madrassa not teach the puppils to for jihad
@RescueRanger @Oscar @Irfan Baloch
My advice is humble in nature teach hifz e quran at all schoools instead of mullaf run madradsaz

Please do check hidden taliban in our safzzz.

Dear sir can u give ne a hint or qoute me a source of a single madrassa not teach the puppils to for jihad
My advice is humble in nature teach hifz e quran at all schoools instead of mullaf run madradsaz

There is no fake madrassaz all are genuine @The Eagle accept the reality lal masjid us the real one right in the heart of capital of Pakistan
@RescueRanger

Then I will start with previous DG Rangers Bilal Akbar visiting Binoria Town, had a good speech at there, then many others serving people still visit many Madressah yet Intelligence never submitted any reports that all Madressah are supposed to be dismantled on the basis of so & so finding.

You introduced yourself a serving person so tell me, how many times ISI/MI/IB/FIA/Special Branch/CTD/AVCC/SIU or anyone else submitted such report that Madressah to be demolished at all.

As I said, we cannot generalise these accusations for every Madressah because here the word Madressah is deliberately used for a mean to defame Islam and specifically used in-case of PAKISTAN. It is true that there are many fake Madressah operating through foreign funding for such activities, therefore, it is our duty first to evaluate and highlight those culprits among us rather than painting all with one brush just because of incompetence.

It is the case that Military never spoke as such about all Madressah and wherever it acted, none opposed except extremist that I have no sympathy at all. People loves and respects Military and holds in high moral since operation against Terrorism in Pakistan and none opposed the same but supported PA then there is no chance that Intelligence will ever hold all such information for no reason.

Madressah is not the issue but our people have to show responsibility and need to stop supporting fake people merely in the name of Islam due to reading a name as Madressah and going blind.

Rest about Hafiz-e-Quran education in schools, yes that can be done and is a good initiative that should be carried forward as well and if the same went good, automatically people will start realizing the true education as well and I am sure, every true scholar will support the same. Lal Majid extremist, I have no sympathy with him at all that he is involved in many things and should be dealt accordingly but question arises, who is guarding him in the first place. However, we cannot paint every Islamic School as Lal Masjid.

Then I will start with previous DG Rangers Bilal Akbar visiting Binoria Town, had a good speech at there, then many others serving people still visit many Madressah yet Intelligence never submitted any reports that all Madressah are supposed to be dismantled on the basis of so & so finding.

You introduced yourself a serving person so tell me, how many times ISI/MI/IB/FIA/Special Branch/CTD/AVCC/SIU or anyone else submitted such report that Madressah to be demolished at all.

As I said, we cannot generalise these accusations for every Madressah because here the word Madressah is deliberately used for a mean to defame Islam and specifically used in-case of PAKISTAN. It is true that there are many fake Madressah operating through foreign funding for such activities, therefore, it is our duty first to evaluate and highlight those culprits among us rather than painting all with one brush just because of incompetence.

It is the case that Military never spoke as such about all Madressah and wherever it acted, none opposed except extremist that I have no sympathy at all. People loves and respects Military and holds in high moral since operation against Terrorism in Pakistan and none opposed the same but supported PA then there is no chance that Intelligence will ever hold all such information for no reason.

Madressah is not the issue but our people have to show responsibility and need to stop supporting fake people merely in the name of Islam due to reading a name as Madressah and going blind.

Rest about Hafiz-e-Quran education in schools, yes that can be done and is a good initiative that should be carried forward as well and if the same went good, automatically people will start realizing the true education as well and I am sure, every true scholar will support the same. Lal Majid extremist, I have no sympathy with him at all that he is involved in many things and should be dealt accordingly but question arises, who is guarding him in the first place. However, we cannot paint every Islamic School as Lal Masjid.
Army aka rangers do play politics mqny banoriya students involved in terrorist acts.
Hakim ullah mehsud was also student of that madradsa.
Kid check ur facts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom