What's new

Those 'defending' Pakistani culture fail to realise that culture isn't static

I have absolutely no idea after how much googling you found that picture.
but a simple google of Pakistan during before the 70s will show what Pakistan was before Arabization
View attachment 438738 View attachment 438739 View attachment 438740 View attachment 438741

So you think that Kalash that does not even form a minority rather a rarity represents 200 million Pakistanis?
I saw grand mothers not just in my family (and extended family) but of my friends wearing burqa and all of them were born much before Zia-ul-Haq.

Took me 1 minute to search and post... you are welcome.

A pic of Kalash women... and 1960s Karachi Female student march..

I dont know about your culture, but Parda has been part of mine or rather the General Public of Pak..

Even today if you go to even some panjabi village you will observe it... in one shape or another.
I think he just stopped short of declaring mini-skirt as the national dress for Pakistani women. I wonder if he ever ventured out of this home because burqah is pretty common and one can see more and more older women wearing it in Pakistan who were born much before Zia-ul-Haq. Though I personally don't like black burqahs for women especially in summer and warm areas but that's beside the point. People here present their wishes as facts which is really a tragic thing.

Here in karachi it means badmash... sounds weird dont it.
That's really strange... but in rest of Pakistan Dada-Abba, -Abbu, -Jaan means paternal grandfather and I belong a Urdu speaking family and my Dada and Nana migrated from India.

So you think that Kalash that does not even form a minority rather a rarity represents 200 million Pakistanis?
I saw grand mothers not just in my family (and extended family) but of my friends wearing burqa and all of them were born much before Zia-ul-Haq.

I think he just stopped short of declaring mini-skirt as the national dress for Pakistani women. I wonder if he ever ventured out of this home because burqah is pretty common and one can see more and more older women wearing it in Pakistan who were born much before Zia-ul-Haq. Though I personally don't like black burqahs for women especially in summer and warm areas but that's beside the point. People here present their wishes as facts which is really a tragic thing.

That's really strange... but in rest of Pakistan Dada-Abba, -Abbu, -Jaan means paternal grandfather and I belong a Urdu speaking family and my Dada and Nana migrated from India.
Welcome to Karachi.... fukin hate n love the city at the same time..

What you think is value is actually nothing but custom. How far is it from where you are to honour killings? If parents know more than their children, then there would be no honour killings, because parents would respect their children's choice and not seek to impose their will on them automatically.
Not agreed, very first time I am disappointed from you since you resort to cash brownie points hence I am not further debating you.

Bye.
What waste of knowledge and I hope you recover soon.

Monies? I plead ignorance but whatever it is. It's causing the fassad and shittzz
Is da monies i tall ya... the monies...

Not agreed, very first time I am disappointed from you since you resort to cash brownie points hence I am not further debating you.

Bye.
What waste of knowledge and I hope you recover soon.
Hes a scumbag dude...

I like karachi... only coz of monies.. its a shthole.
Literally or figuratively?

I have absolutely no idea after how much googling you found that picture.
but a simple google of Pakistan during before the 70s will show what Pakistan was before Arabization
View attachment 438738 View attachment 438739 View attachment 438740 View attachment 438741
Condition of women now is better than it has ever been in history of Pakistan its just that bad news surface more often now

It is a shyt hole...
So it hasnt changed much since i left it :D
Ah the putrid smell of Metroville how revolting were you

Disagree with him on what Pakistan was like back in the day but in the past one thing was true people were fond of minding their own god damn business

So it hasnt changed much since i left it :D
Ah the putrid smell of Metroville how revolting were you

Disagree with him on what Pakistan was like back in the day but in the past one thing was true people were fond of minding their own god damn business

I can't say for sure about the past and now but people in Pakistan are little bit more intrusive than the west but I think it has both pros and cons. The main con is reduced freedom / privacy and the major pro is that people have more human contact and suffer much less from anxiety and depressions related to loneliness.

and you only saw the Kalash pic? I said it before and I'll say it again, google the pics yourself, the Burqa itself was worn by a tiny minority. Now after Arabization it has spread.
Yes because the pics I posted, the girls were wearing mini skirts?
apparently some people take the shalwaz kameez = mini skirt
the Shalwar Kameez is our National Dress and no amount of Arab propaganda can change our dress, or culture.
Pakistanis trying to be Arabs, more than arabs themselves

Back
Top Bottom