What's new

This is yet another ugly chart for China's demographic future

Bussard Ramjet

Reaction score
Country
India
http://www.businessinsider.in/This-...s-demographic-future/articleshow/52640910.cms

untitled.png

screen%20shot%202016-05-16%20at%208.37.33%20am.png

also unlike some countries, we retire on our savings not welfare or credit.

Yes, my mistake women retire at 50 and men at 60.
No no no, some women at 50, some at 55.
Men some at 55, some at 60. (my father will be at 60)
In some factories, can be 45-50.
Very few Chinese will work after their retirement.
Normally when they reach that age, they are rich enough and have enough savings. see photos below.

@Emperor_of_Mankind
That's why you always see millions of Chinese uncles and aunties traveling crazily in the country and abroad.
This was even not during a public holiday or at weekends, see the faces, mostly 50s-60s year old retired people.
23232.jpg
12.jpg
232.jpg
1211323.jpg

Last edited:
Chinese workers retire at the tender ages of 50 and 55, for women and men respectively! :enjoy:

Damas and dashus are the pillar of the Chinese tourism industry. :partay:

Chinese workers retire at the tender ages of 50 and 55, for women and men respectively! :enjoy:

Damas and dashus are the pillar of the Chinese tourism industry. :partay:
Yep, young people of internet generations and 50-60s year old are more willing to spend money!
My mother has just returned from Osaka, and one month ago in Thailand.
1213.jpg
13e112.jpg

The gov will find a way to minimise the impact of retirement cost to the future tax payer. Just like other advanced countries, i am sure they will raise the retirement age in the future.

The early retirement age of 55 is a legacy of the old famine years and low life expectancy. 55 is the age in which people become masters of what they do, its just silly to let these people retire when they have so much to offer.

I just don't understand why China is bent on letting go its biggest strength: It's people.

Back
Top Bottom