What's new

This is what China did to beat coronavirus. Experts say America couldn't handle it

Absolutely. All credit to China and its leadership for hitting this virus HARD with everything they in their arsenal.
China was the frontline in this battle and they stood tall.

Yes, UK Chief Medical Officer said publicly that China brought the world 2 months - unfortunately buffoons like Trump wasted a lot of time by dismissing it as just another flu and so we are seeing the absolute tragedy unfold in the United States right now.

Yes, UK Chief Medical Officer said publicly that China brought the world 2 months - unfortunately buffoons like Trump wasted a lot of time by dismissing it as just another flu and so we are seeing the absolute tragedy unfold in the United States right now.
My question remain as how the most powerful nation is not functioning properly and blamed everything on one guy,
what about their healthcare, admin, intel department, they should have run smoothly even without the president, how do they all failed to detected such a large amount of patients. There must be a lot of people who has saw it coming and warned the public.

My question remain as how the most powerful nation is not functioning properly and blamed everything on one guy,
what about their healthcare, admin, intel department, they should have run smoothly even without the president, how do they all failed to detected such a large amount of patients. There must be a lot of people who has saw it coming and warned the public.

The US President makes the final decisions - he just did not listen to the experts till a little late.

That's right. The American populace were complacent. Many Americans told me it's just a flu even after Wuhan was locked down and I had to explain to them why it's not.

They are complacent because they have never experienced something like SARS before. When Asian countries heard of an unknown pneumonia in Wuhan, the first thing we think of from our institutional memory is SARS. That's why Singapore and Thailand 'overreacted' and started screening travelers from Wuhan since Jan 3.

The West especially the US had different experiences. Even after Wuhan was locked down, many Americans I talk to on other forums think of Covid19 as a seasonal influenza or the H1N1 swine flu. Because only those are from their institutional memory and only 'baseline' as a reference point. I had to tell them that the flu shouldn't overwhelm hospitals like what we saw initially in Wuhan back then, and they should take it seriously.

Past experiences shaped our perception of future potential threat.

But of course, Trump being the head of state has the biggest responsibility.

great opportunity to get rid of excess old people

That's right. The American populace were complacent. Many Americans told me it's just a flu even after Wuhan was locked down and I had to explain to them why it's not.

But of course, Trump being the head of state has the biggest responsibility.
And the frigging masks, they are just so stubborn. Almost all East Asians were on a mask.

Back
Top Bottom