What's new

Thirty thousand Pakistanis dead since 2003

Zia sowed the seeds of a conservative religious ideology, he did not sow the seeds of terrorism.

No one knew then what would happen later. His actions were well intentioned from his view point, and the situation we find ourselves in now did not occur in isolation of events that Zia had no control over.

This was Conservative religious ideology in 1978

This was grown into Ext ream religious ideology in 1984

Next Grown into Anti-shia religious ideology in 1986

FULL BLOOM Grown into TAKFIRI RELIGIOUS IDEOLOGY IN 1999

Stop blaming Taliban Taliban Taliban biggest joke of the centry THIS BS only because of US (ZIONIST GAME) before 9/11 WE DONT HAVE ANY KIND OF THIS BULLSHIT LIKE SUCIDE BOMBING, TARGET KILLING BLAA BLAA!!

BS USA!

BS MUSHARAF

My friend...Do not BS this or BS that!
It is not just Musharraf to blame or US which has to be blamed alone.
This trouble has been brewing due to many collective failures and in it we also played a part though most of it is really exaggerated in isolation as the sole reason by those who want only to malign Pakistan.
USA made mistakes, Zia, BB, NS and Musharraf all made mistakes.
Afghans themselves made a lot of mistakes.
However, the truth is somewhere in between, we certainly are not intolerant and never meant for this to happen deliberately.
However we also should have checked many things and seen the writing on the wall, our failure to do so led to a situation where such entities created space and then started dismembering the national integrity.

Need i remind you of the sectarian problems which were only limited and controlled in their net impact because Pakistan is one of the extremely few Muslims countries which does not segregate between Shias and Sunnis on any level?

Even in such a harmonious and tolerant society which was and still is an example of Shia Sunni mutual love and respect, there were militant outfits which started killing each other on this Shia Sunni basis!

Certainly there is no shame and even no loss in admitting that we too failed to plan ahead, not doing so would be like killing the entire corrective feedback loop which is necessary for progression of our nation.

ISLAMABAD: According to figures made available to DawnNews by senior Pakistani military officials, at least 30 thousand Pakistanis have lost their lives or were injured since 2003.

More Pakistanis have lost their life in the ongoing war against terror compared to two full scale wars against India in 1965 and 1971.

The casualties include death or injures to at least 22 thousand civilians and policemen in various acts of terror or suicide bombings.

Pakistan’s military, which launched operations against the militants in the tribal areas, suffered at least 8 thousand casualties, including at least 23 hundred officers and soldiers who lost their lives.

Senior military officials say at least six thousand soldiers and officers have been injured in the war against terror since 2003.

Military officials say the number of casualties suffered by Pakistan is manifolds as compared to those suffered by the US and other international forces in Afghanistan.

this war is likely to continue to infinity, this war should be stopped immediately, pakistani life is at stake. will anybody remember "these sacrifices", a big no, US, india and jews want more and more death to people of pakistan. they are arising pukhtunistan balochistan punjabisn, sindhism to destroy this beautiful country. they are funding from PPP to musharraf to MQM.

Last edited:
Please read actual presentation as it's not 30K dead, but 30K PA dead and injured, of which 2K+ are KIA.

Any number above 1 is too high of course. The report is on the home page: Pakistan Army "PAK ARMY’S CONTRIBUTIONS IN FIGHT AGAINST TERRORISM"

this war is likely to continue to infinity, this war should be stopped immediately, pakistani life is at stake. will anybody remember "these sacrifices", a big no, US, india and jews want more and more death to people of pakistan. they are arising pukhtunistan balochistan punjabisn, sindhism to destroy this beautiful country. they are funding from PPP to musharraf to MQM.

Whose job is it to remember the sacrifices?
Mine, yours...Ours!!!

Our conventional enemy has been India, US has been a partner in most of our history and Jews are part of many countries.
Please take a fresh breath and start over.
It is not that there were no politics and strategic games being played but we played as well and the scoreline was not in our favor, so what do we do?
Pick ourselves again and change the game plan...
Do not stop playing and isolate yourselves...that is the last thing you need to do.

There is no such thing as a 100% pure and angelic nation which has done naught but good, however to see everything as primary fault of some external force is also incorrect and immature.

I call this a collective failure of many parties because that is what it is.
However for the betterment of our country i want my countrymen to realize the lack of vision we displayed and focus on it since as opposed to changing others, we can change ourselves more effectively!

It is very true as pointed out by Agnostic Muslim that Zia regime did not deliberately plant seeds of terrorism, however there is no denying that a grey area was left as a result of policies which marginalized the state hold and control in certain aspects, this thing accelerated and spun out of control later on.

In the larger cycle of events maybe Osama would not have come to Afghanistan and so there may have been no TTP today and no bloodshed and so we would all have let Zia off the hook.
However TTP does exist today and used many things to its advantage which perhaps were facilitated by the changes made by Zia during the Afghan Jihad period and risks taken by all the governments henceforth.

Afghanistan was always hostile to Pakistan in pre Afghan Jihad era so it is not like they were victims of a hawkish Pakistan, it was actually the other way around in international politics where Afghanistan maintained an aggressive posture towards Pakistan and challenged its boundaries and tried to instigate a Pashtun rebellion, this started a rift and Pakistan naturally felt threatened which was genuine.
However during Afghan Jihad the Afghans did turn to Pakistan and Pakistan helped in all ways to secure a better future for itself via better relations with Afghans and to deny entry of USSR which was not at all someone we wanted to have control on the other side of the border.
The Pakistanis are generous people by nature and helped the Afghan refugees which ushered in a new era of Pak Afghan friendship.

It was not a complete blunder if we look at our history, we should have helped Afghans, we should have worked to gain them as friends and we should have denied USSR the space...these were all sound objectives.
However somethings which at that point in time may have seemed as secondary concerns have come to haunt us, it means that we should learn some new lessons here and fast.
The inadequacy in planning though not intentional for the most part has to be studied, acknowledged and serve as reference for future.

The war we are currently fighting is against the butchers of our people, should we unilaterally stop this war?
Do you know why there is a drop in major suicide attacks?
Because recently we have started hitting the main areas where these people make most of their bombs and fit them into vehicles, sure they had many in reserve to be used when PA attacked initially but eventually the effect of production facilities being hit is a decrease in attacks.

We simply want to dismember these criminal and terrorist Mafias so that the affected people...our people...can live a normal life without being blackmailed and butchered by such scum in the name of Islam.

Maybe 2 decades down the line USA regrets certain strategic decisions related to war on terror, however our headache should be to plan keeping in mind our interests.
Is it in our interest to turn a blind eye to TTP like mentality and atrocities?
Can they all be talked into submission without Army action?
I certainly do not think so.

I will remember these sacrifices. Inshallah, my children and their children will remember these sacrifices too.

Every month or so I look and stare at the hundreds of pictures of our soldiers who are no longer with us. I look into their eyes and obviously feel sad and angry as any normal person would. But I also feel a level of determination, courage, humility and sense of purpose each time I see their faces. I am open to negotiation with anyone who is willing to live in good faith in Pakistan and even willing to make concessions on governance, justice, autonomy, anything really and yes even forget murderers of our men if that means Pakistan will be safer in the long term because of it. After all, our soldiers gave their lives for Pakistan and also Islam and while revenge is a powerful emotion, it is neither helpful or Islamic.

But I will never agree to any halt in operations while the takfiris and terrorists continue on their stated goal of destruction of Pakistan and our society and making us slaves to a false interpretation of Islam. This is one Pakistani who will do everything but this and I have no problem giving my life for this if and when the time comes. And I'm not just saying this as some kind of internet bravado, I'm NO where near as brave as any person serving in the forces, but I do feel it and truly believe it in my heart that sacrificing my life for Pakistan is such a small and insignificant price to pay for my identity and to protect others from those who kill innocents.

indians dont want death to pakistanis. what will india gain? tell me..

Shahdat Hai Matloob-e-Maqsood momin
Naa male-e-ghanemat naa kishwar-e-Kushayi
(Iqbal)

May Allah bless them all who sacrified their lives for the betterment of our future. I am sure their sacrifices will never go in vain and the blood they sacrificed today will write a new history for the betterment of our childrens.

May Allah high their status in here after and help us overcome these crisis and help us stand on our feet

Aameen

Shahdat Hai Matloob-e-Maqsood momin
Naa male-e-ghanemat naa kishwar-e-Kushayi
(Iqbal)

May Allah bless them all who sacrified their lives for the betterment of our future. I am sure their sacrifices will never go in vain and the blood they sacrificed today will write a new history for the betterment of our childrens.

May Allah high their status in here after and help us overcome these crisis and help us stand on our feet

Aameen
I sincerely hope so too

To the Shaheeds of Pakistan.

Today is the day I lost you
amid the blood and tears, your angelic face
your beautiful form wreathed in the scent of a martyr
I didn’t know you but I will always love you
for you are the glory of this land that I hold dear.

People all around us ask a thousand questions
But you sleep the most peaceful, blessed sleep
Your soul shines through the white layers of your shroud
and angels descend from the heavens to witness a love so deep

To receive this beautiful burden, the earth bursts open with pride
The whole universe stands still,
As Mercy for the Worlds(PBUH) welcomes your sweet soul in paradise
You are here, underneath the shadow of the kindest gaze
And the Lord of the Worlds smiles down at your innocent face.

You are not gone, you are not dead, you never will
you have gone beyond the stars, you travel the plane of nothingness

So many long to go where you tread now
To glimpse what you see now
We all want to be you now…

To the Shaheeds of Pakistan.

To receive this beautiful burden, the earth bursts open with pride
The whole universe stands still,
As Mercy for the Worlds(PBUH) welcomes your sweet soul in paradise
You are here, underneath the shadow of the kindest gaze
And the Lord of the Worlds smiles down at your innocent face.

You are not gone, you are not dead, you never will
you have gone beyond the stars, you travel the plane of nothingness

beautiful poetry written by a Muslim......... i liked this part

Jazak'Allah Khayr for posting

Back
Top Bottom