What's new

Third ATR-72 and Scaneagle drones have been commissioned into Pakistan Navy

CrK--4GWcAALn_v.jpg

1 ATR-77 and two Scaneagle drones are commissioned into Pakistan Navy today according to PTV. Online link is not available or i am unable to find one.

Dear SIrs in 1990s somewhere at civil aviation airport LHR ...on sundays and any other Holiday .......people uses to gather and fly drones ..........just without weapons .....thought they were Pakistan Made .....with remotes and batteries ...........WHAT HAPPENED ..???

news are coming that PIA is retiring its
ATR 42 from active services
PAF/PN consider them for surveillance and maritime role

Though, it was better if PAC took license for Saab-2000 and Saab-340 like aircraft that can be used my all the services for different roles that includes:
AEW&C
Recon & Surveillance
Troops & VIP Transport
Strike Bomber (Laser and Smart Bombs)
Commercial Transport for PIA and other local and foreign airliners.

Last edited:
There is no sign that our ATR are or will be armed. I think they will be used mostly to patroll the coastlines, while the P3C-Orion will take the armed role and patrol deep in the Arabian Sea.

I think than u missed pN Germany company contract announcement please check atr will replace f27 fokers 3-4 of total 6-7 fokers are also in same role

I am not too sure if PN ATR will be armed with torpedos and anti ship missiles. all the news so far have been to deliver MPA enhancements to 3 platforms that PN bought few years ago. so such details yet.

Dear SIrs in 1990s somewhere at civil aviation airport LHR ...on sundays and any other Holiday .......people uses to gather and fly drones ..........just without weapons .....thought they were Pakistan Made .....with remotes and batteries ...........WHAT HAPPENED ..???
They are not drones but rather remote controlled aero models and they can only fly as long as they are visible. Drones are beyond visual line of sight and are autonomous. Aermodelling is popular in Pakistan.

Last edited:
There is nothing out there in size, range and endurance

ScanEagle has a range of 1,500km and an endurance of more than 28 hours. The air vehicle can operate at speeds between 80km/h and 126km/h and the cruise speed is 90km/h in level flight. The vehicle achieves a maximum rate of climb of 150m/min to a maximum altitude of 4,880m or 16,000ft.

30,000 combat operational flight hours

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/scaneagle-uav/

https://insitu.com/images/uploads/pdfs/ScanEagle_SubFolder_Digital_PR080315.pdf
US technology is good. Scan Eagle is a good addition for the Pakistan Navy.

Back
Top Bottom