What's new

Thinking About Vietnam

Yet he constantly defended most of Chinese ploicies and constantly started pro Chinese threads...

He is not Chinese, I have explained why more than once. Hell, he doesn't even claim to be Chinese.

The burden of proof is on the one who made the positive claim, so if you want to attempt to prove it, you can do so.

Anyway, if you don't mind, I think now would be a good time to get back on topic. PM me if you wish to continue.

Why do we assume China needs to be Vietnam's big brother? Their government can take care of their own problems just fine. Trying to give assistance when none is asked just gives you the opposite effect.

Why do we assume China needs to be Vietnam's big brother? Their government can take care of their own problems just fine. Trying to give assistance when none is asked just gives you the opposite effect.

I don't think any one in the PRC wants to be Vietnam's big brother. Well we tried before but 1979 happened. It was regrettable. The two countries could've been closer together (considering how similar the two are culturally...).

I don't think China hates Europe at all, and where did you get "laughing" at Asian countries? :what:

China is actually the biggest lender to developing Asian countries. You seem to be projecting your hateful feelings to China! :eek:

Stop wasting time with him, it is the time that we need to show them who is the boss.

I don't think any one in the PRC wants to be Vietnam's big brother. Well we tried before but 1979 happened. It was regrettable. The two countries could've been closer together (considering how similar the two are culturally...).

Well actually the situation was more complicated than that. I promised Joe Shearer I'd write an article about the PLA experience in Vietnam, I'll to explain it a bit there.

Chinese fear of racism, it can split the country.
Rome is great. Because it doesn't care origin, unlike Athens and Sparta.

let me ask you this, would you rather have a white western foreign master, or chinese master (who protected Vietnam for many centuries)?

either way you will have a master, i would go with the latter. we are culturally and ethnically very similar. seeing china become powerful should make vietnam proud. :china:

I take your comment to be highly offensive and also very disgraceful.
You should restrain yourself from dictating that China is master of Vietnam. China can only be the master to itself and no else.

Treat other with respect and as equal, and you shall receive more than just a trusted friend and an ally. Do not go out to the world and convey peace and asked to treated with respect when you can not demonstrate it yourself.

This mindset can only go against the constrain of China's rise for peace. As Vietnam is historically part of China (in culture and tradition). Some of our blood lines run deep in Chinese blood.

Regrettably, what has happened in 1979 have changed Vietnam's view in its policy with China. Today it serves within its own interest. If this is the undertaking of US influence, then it would be used as a determent against China.

Vietnam focus today is more on economy then its military. No question, it is weak to stand against anyone. It has lost more blood in so many conflicts. But to say it won't take a stand for another war to protect itself would be deniable.

War with Vietnam won't be just a walk in park, I think most vietnamese can agree with this statement. As Vietnam as proven itself more time over.

Bash away, I am here and I am ready!

Give us all a break...:rolleyes:...The only interest China has in Viet Nam is on how to make Viet Nam disappear as a political entity on the world's political map, its people's cultural distinctiveness absorbed into China's own. It is said that if culture is the heart of a people, then language is the soul. China's goal for Viet Nam is to destroy the Vietnamese soul. China has no altruistic goals for Viet Nam in particular and for Asia in general. Your Chinese boys' comments so far proved that.

internet-serious-business.jpg

China should learn to act and behave properly when it comes to neighborer affairs. After all no one like to be neighbor with an ever growing stronger country.

Geo-politics is all about balance of powers. Cocks and US did manipulate and colonize Vietnam in the past but the more important issue to them today is from north not from other side of the Eurasia or Pacific. It is totally understandable that they show a more welcoming attitudes to their former colonial master than to the liberator. BTW China should be used to criticizes from her little friends. Its no big deal anyway.

And the reason that we helped in their fighting against the French and US colonists is mainly for our benefits.

just show me some evidence where china's interest are to "make Vietnam's political entity disappear" i mean, you seemed quite confident there with that statement so i'm sure you know what you're talking about :azn:

we will liberate them from their failing economy LOL, how is that, little gambit? will you be able to sleep well in your little crib tonight now that you have your answer? :lazy:

now that i answered that, i don't necessarily feel brave.
Failing economy? Dream on. Our economy, exports, and number of private business enterprises all grew much bigger than last year and we accomplished this during the global economic crisis:lol:

Failing economy? Dream on. Our economy, exports, and number of private business enterprises all grew much bigger than last year and we accomplished this during the global economic crisis:lol:

Can't be more true.

But the size of VN's economy is not large enough yet to buffer the international volatility and the risk of economic growth is larger than that of China or India.

I'm wondering just how many of you have actually met & get to know Vietnamese people personally?

Back
Top Bottom