What's new

Things are really bad after 21 days lockdown announcement

No chicken. Not one packet anywhere.

My wife's brainwave. Many packets (panic).

Suddenly I turn around and my kids have chocolates and kurkure and laxminarayan chiwda in one cart.

I took a deep breath. Started a lecture. Then saved my breath and herded them all out if the shop as soon as I could.
You can get some from Fatima store on dasture road bro . the aunty there will definitely hook you up.

You can get some from Fatima store on dasture road bro . the aunty there will definitely hook you up.
Where do you live? How were things in your area after Modi's announcement? Did you step outside?

I much prefer these stores compared to Dorabjees type where you have to enter and stand for checkout.

Often I just drive up and a chokra hands me the stuff through the window.

I much prefer these stores compared to Dorabjees type where you have to enter and stand for checkout.

Often I just drive up and a chokra hands me the stuff through the window.
i will sen you her number , take my name , i go to her when ever i am in pune .

I should have married some one.

Would have a woman to cook,clean and do my laundry. Why should a male do this feminine stuff?

Never felt like marrying before Coronavirus lockdown.

@Juggernaut_the_Gangu Do you have a woman to take of the kitchen duties?

I am diagnosed autist ..I can only eat what I can cook myself.(other than packaged processed stuffs)..That means my partner always gets spoiled...I am spending four days with my partner and three days alone during the lockdown...

As soon as Modi's speech was over I started phone calls and messages asking me to stock up essential supplies for next 21 days.

So I went to buy groceries. There were huge queues outside shops. One supermarket had half a kilometre queue.
Police has blocked some roads and very lathicharging some commuters.
One lady went bonkers and was talking to herself and hurling abuses towards everyone. I returned home without buying anything. As I did not want to catch Coronavirus standing in the queue

I had witnessed demonetization fiasco, that wasn't even any near the panic created by this move.

The government did not explain what they meant by complete lockdown. And people have assumed that even essential goods shops will remain closed for the next 21 days and this has led widespread panic and some kind of mass hysteria.

Some people are going to lose their mind over the next 21 days. I feel like this is worse than dying of Coronavirus.

Edit: It also started drizzling after the speech. After I came home the power supply also went off. And the phone lines were busy and couldn't make calls. Ache din are here!
Where do u live?
I am here in Delhi, after lockdown was announced, I went to get some meds and there was no such ruckus. Infact people were standing patiently in queues, keeping distance from each other. Similar scenes at grocery stores.

You couldnt take a pic of the scene?
Maybe post it on twitter, would have actually gotten attention of authorities.

Where do you live? How were things in your area after Modi's announcement? Did you step outside?
In hyd at the moment , all is calm here , the cops enforcing a strict cerfew like situation . supermarkets are open and people are allowed to get food , but only one person from any household.
Lots of old people live alone in big cities thanks to nuclear families buddy. If you stop vehicle movement, then their kids cannot reach them. That's when society guys come into the picture.

The fun begins tomorrow when I see my wife trying to cook. Army of maids can't reach her and those who can have a big bear standing at the gate shooing them away.
Believe me i know the feeling , none of our maids and cook or even the nanny has come in the past three days . I think you still remember what its like to delas with hyper active kids who cant leave the house and have no school.
this is what my wife and i will look like at the end of 21 days
walking-dead.jpg

Where do u live?
I am here in Delhi, after lockdown was announced, I went to get some meds and there was no such ruckus. Infact people were standing patiently in queues, keeping distance from each other. Similar scenes at grocery stores.

There's no ruckus as such. But I do believe that Modi has a dirty habit of not giving citizens enough warning and notice. This is not a political statement at all.

I have police commissioner recording on WhatsApp.

I have notices with all sorts of details.

But on the road things are totally different.

What is the harm in taking citizens into confidence with detailed reports and helpline numbers and local news feeds?

Everyone is calling up everyone.

Back
Top Bottom